[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #917 of 2,011
After few burn-in sessions (20ish hours in total), I can definitely hear the difference! The sound is less... "bloated"? Muted? I don't know how to explain it :>

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality! Being able to hear all those tiny details (that I've been hoping to hear for a LONG time) makes me really happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #918 of 2,011
Okies, I've decided to take the RE0 with a FiiO E1 combination. I chose the E1 over the E5 because I get a LOD (which I don't have) and I won't have to charge the amp separately - face it, charging one item (iPod) is easier than charging two devices (iPod and E5). Ordered them today morning, I should be getting them in two weeks time. Gratz to all the people for the help (you know who you are)!
beerchug.gif

Now here is the killer question: I am currently using UE super.fi5 pros. What can I expect out of the RE0 when compared my present IEM? More isolation? More bass? etc? I am asking because I don't wish to go with over-high expectations or anything like that.
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #919 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read ClieOS's review of the E1. He paired the RE0 with it. I think the new version of the RE0 comes with 3 sets of single-flange silicone tips and a set of biflanges, but I had the old version so I can't be sure. As for the case, that's perfectly fine. The RE0 is a small IEM and fits in the smallest altoids tin for me.

2 biflanges

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #921 of 2,011
My ears continue to love and appreciate these IEMs so much (listening to "Lesson Learned" at the moment, by Ray LaMontagne... one of my favorite songs!). These are just plain good earphones, 'nuff said.

I talked to my audiologist friend on Saturday, and I think I'll be going in for the impressions next week. I'll make sure to have a thread dedicated to my DIY silicone sleeve endeavor, be it a success or utter failure.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #922 of 2,011
ohh..that should be interesting to see how it goes

and i totally agree..was listening to some songs with lots of piano lately and continue to impress me how good they are. all i need to do now is get an amp for these

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #923 of 2,011
i only have RE2's right now but believe i'll be upgrading to RE0's very soon and was curious if any tip that fits the RE0 would also fit the RE2 for those that know. the smallest tips that came with the RE2 fit me best. i can get the mediums in, they possibly could give me better seal but comfort is really just as important as SQ right now...still don't really like the idea of having something lodged in my ear which is why i've stalled so long on trying a pair of these.

i'm reading shure olives go well with the RE0's so i'm assuming they'll go well with the RE2's as well, would the small sized shure olives be about the same size as the smallest tips that come with the RE2's? any other tip suggestions to look for? as i said comfort is key. i'm assuming foam feels best. any downfall to them? i'd imagine they don't last as long as rubber tips as you can't properly clean them? i know i could probably go through days of threads that have covered all this stuff but it's a pretty daunting task considering i've neglected any IEM discussion in the 5 or so years i've followed head-fi.

edit: i also believe i read there's two kinds of shure olives depending on which pair you own, true or not? just ask because i know you have to mod them to fit the re0 but if there's a pair that doesn't require it i'd obviously like to get what takes the smallest effort.

ready to pick these up if these are the right ones to grab and the size of the small olives match up with the size of the small RE2 tips http://cgi.ebay.com/10-SMALL-Black-F...item2ea9d56585

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #926 of 2,011
Dec 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #928 of 2,011
Ordered my RE0's today ($79 was too good to pass up).
Im am very interested to see how these compare to my Klipsch X5s.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #929 of 2,011
Ordered mine on Tuesday the 24th of November, they were picked up by DHL on Saturday the 28th (my payment took pretty long, debit bank account through PayPal). They still haven't arrived though, something went wrong over at DHL
frown.gif
. I contacted Head-Direct customer service, they answered pretty quickly, but I still don't know when to expect my package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back