[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #843 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet Infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll admit that I thought that when I first got them. Having used them for a while (also I removed the foam from them) I can safely say I definitely prefer the RE0s.

While the RE0s sound better all round I think it is important to realise just how good the RE2s are for only $29.

actually after spending more time with the RE0, i find that the RE0 is better now. but i am interested in paring it with an amp. which one should i get?

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #845 of 2,011
Depends on budget, some people like the iBasso T4 if you can afford it, but I like my E5 (don't have iPod else I'd get E1, though this limits compatibility).

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #846 of 2,011
Any recommended tips to replace the one that came with RE0? Which Shure triple-flange ear tips fit the RE0? Are the Shure triple-flange ear tips even recommended for use with RE0? Trying to get the best seal. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #847 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by spuddler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,Sony Hybrids fit RE0(Gen or Copy),just tried putting one on,went on OK. Cheers BOB

Yes they fit perfect. get them on ebay. Just ask the seller which size you want. I asked for all Mediums and he sent them to me
eek.gif

SONY replacement earbuds tips WILL FIT MANY TYPES - eBay (item 160379292600 end time Dec-18-09 02:11:14 PST)

These are knockoffs but they are just as good as Sonys.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #848 of 2,011
Hi,i'm in UK,but thats were i ordered them from,mind also ordered copies from Hong Kong & Gen from USA.
Nothing much diff in them all(slight diff's small,say size,but some might suit some peeps more,marginal thou IMO),except price + USA eBayer you can order particular size/sizes,which is good.

Cheers BOB

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #850 of 2,011
Are there any other earphones people know of that sound even clearer/more detailed than the RE0? - Which are already incredibly clear and detailed. Besides the ER6i.

Do the IE8/UM3X/TF10/SE530 has better clarity/detail? After using these RE0 and really listening everything else just seems so unclear and un-detailed in comparison.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #851 of 2,011
nooooooo
frown.gif

My dream was interrupted by three doorbell rings. I reluctantly got up, realized it could be the headphones, threw on pants and a shirt, and opened the door to hear the car delivering it zoom away with the delivery notice left at my door.

Apparently I can pick it up at an outlet later today though.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #852 of 2,011
Dec 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #853 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by DVDIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any recommended tips to replace the one that came with RE0? Which Shure triple-flange ear tips fit the RE0? Are the Shure triple-flange ear tips even recommended for use with RE0? Trying to get the best seal. Thanks.

the shure triple flange will not fit as the nozzle size are different. i been using decored olives for the re0. sony hybrids also fit them.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #854 of 2,011
I got mine today - very nice.

Interestingly I found that after only a few hours with the medium size black tips supplied I can hear appreciable rumble all the way down to a ridiculous 17Hz, with a musical volume at 30Hz not being so much quieter than 100Hz (although no bass of any kind at all with some of the tips), although the bass in general is gently rolled off it goes deeper than I could have hoped, clearly deeper than most people are getting, and the general presentation is very pleasant. Good for acoustic music.

I think I got really lucky with fit!

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #855 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the shure triple flange will not fit as the nozzle size are different. i been using decored olives for the re0. sony hybrids also fit them.

Thanks. Ordered the Sony hybrids from ebay. What do you mean by decored Olvies ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back