[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Aug 21, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #421 of 2,011
Indeed, bass-> low-> drums/bass guitar

The mids and highs are one of the strong points of the RE0. Also the separation between instruments is more clearly. I really like Gary Moore on my RE0's it's better then on my Onkyo mini-hifi set. More spacious, more he's singing in front of me, doing his guitar solo's.

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #422 of 2,011
my faulty RE0 was sent on 27th july to china via registered air mail, until now they have not received it yet. Very dissapointed with China's postal service. I WILL NOT BUY STUFF FROM CHINA ANYMORE!

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #423 of 2,011
I once sent a pair of IEM demo (not Head-Direct's) back to a company's China factory via registered mail but it never arrives at their end. The address is a cut and paste job so I am totally sure that I didn't sent it to a wrong place. First I thought the package was lost, then three months later it cames back to me as a return mail because China Post can't find the person listed on the address (and the address is correct, which I double checked).

Why does it take so long to return the package? First, they will try to send to package again with in a week after the first (fail) delivery [so here is a week wasted], then they will put a notice to that address telling the person he has a month to claim the package which is in the local post office [so here is a month wasted]. Afterward, they will return the package to the original sender (me in this case) via the cheapest possible way (by ship in this case, and it took almost two months). In the end, it is a waste of three months of time.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #424 of 2,011
I direct copy and paste the address and name of receiver from the email i received and double confirmed with them and paste it into microsoft word. THen I printed it out in an A4 paper and paste it on the envelope.

It has been 1 month and I forgot if I got write my address at the back of the envelope.
frown.gif

I only get to enjoy 2 weeks and it brokes. Really sad!

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #425 of 2,011
Just got RE0. Listening through Fiio E5.
Haven't burned in much yet. But so far my Turbine just feel more fun with the stronger bass. Hopefully RE0 will get better with more burn in.
RE0's microphonics probably are the worst I've had to deal with in recent memories, even with the clip-on.

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #428 of 2,011
Microphonics has been pointed out as a problem by many a user in this thread. And also that wearing them over-the-ear solves that problem largely. but are the RE-0s suitable for wearing during workouts and running and jogging? The UE super.fi 3s gave me an excellent seal and running even while running. Would the RE-0, when worn over-the-ear, be able to match that fit and isolation?

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #431 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamnp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try wearing them over the ear, the microphonics are much improved with or without the clip.

x2...
also wearing them over the ear, give a better fit in my ears.

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #432 of 2,011
thanks guys.
Can anybody compare the RE-0 with the Shure SCL4 IEMs for me? How different are the two from each other? and which one would suit my listening preferences, classic rock and rocknroll, better?

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #433 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent mine out for replacement today!

how long it took for replacement? I miss it very very much!

I saw what you had for this warranty issue chicaman;i saw it and i feel very sorry for you.I think contacting Nankai might help you.He can send you a new pair maybe...

I sent mine and it got there in two weeks from Turkey;and then they sent my replacements in a week after that via EMS.I am happy to say that i am using it for 20 days with Fiio E3 without any problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

About the tips I used its all stock tips at least 3 days except its large tip(boy its for the donkey ears
icon10.gif
) and let me make a classification maybe it would help (of course its optional i dont have big or small ear canal,its average)

---comfort---
small tip,medium tip,medium biflange,large biflange,large tip

---isolation---
large biflange,large tip,medium biflange,medium tip,small tip

---fit---
large biflange,small tip,medium tip,small biflange,large tip

I think the best tips for me is large biflanges;it is the only tip that fits well;it isolates a lot so that bass is a bit more,but its uncomfortable after 30 or 40 minutes it starts to show its cons.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And I also think that fiio e3 and re0 combo is better than fiio e5 and re0 combo;cuz i think re0s wonderful treble starts to shine with e5;but e3 makes a little bass boost and don't interfere to the rest except soundstage.But i accept that e5 gives more stuffed voice and make midrange better than e3;which makes e5 a better amp.I used e5 before but i have only fiio e3 now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I still want you to prefer another alternative tips for the re0;with the olives can i get the good results?
And guys please compare it with pfe.I wonder how is re0 against pfe;a head-fi'er told that its better than re0 and ie7 but that s all.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #434 of 2,011
I decided to jump on the RE0s as well due to the sale price. Have had them for about a month now and burned them in for roughly 40-50 hours, maybe a bit longer. The clarity and detail as well as tonality in the mids and highs is great, but the bass is lacking in my opinion. The sound is a bit too thin for my liking. Maybe these need a better source.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #435 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mokshaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks guys.
Can anybody compare the RE-0 with the Shure SCL4 IEMs for me? How different are the two from each other? and which one would suit my listening preferences, classic rock and rocknroll, better?

I don't have the scl4, but I have had the E4 in the past (same thing), and they are totally different animals from the RE0s. I found the E4 too boomy at the bottom end and severely lacking in detail at the top. I actually preferred my Etymotic Er6i to the E4/SCL4 sound.

Rock and metal take up about 90% of my listening time and I find the RE0 much, much more enjoyable. I prize neutrality and detail above all in my earphones, and the RE0s deliver in spades. That said, if you like to feel the bass rather than hear it, the RE0 are not for you.

Also, I find the RE0s much, much more comfortable than the E4/SCL4. The cord is also nicer and less microphonic IMO (worn over-the-ear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back