I received my replacement already! It took more than 3 weeks to reach china
frown.gif
but at last it reaches me back.

So far it is good!

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #437 of 2,011
Hey guys,

Does RE0 work well with Itouch?
Does it require Fiio 5?
Any other recommendation at $100max budget (budget for earphone only) that goes well with Itouch?

Buying this for my brother birthday..

Also, I've just ordered a RE0 for myself last friday and was wondering if i should get a fiio 5 for myself if i get the RE0 package for my brother.

Will get 2 Fiio5 and another RE0 if its worth it even it means that i have to kill my wallet

Using Cowon D2 here and waiting for my RE0 to reach =)

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #438 of 2,011
I think it should work fine with the Itouch, it works well with my sony nw-hd5 mp3 player, although I have to turn it up a bit higher than my other lower-end iems.

Amps aren't required, but people say it helps out the sound, especially the bass.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #439 of 2,011
The r0's sound like a very good buy but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any replacement foam tips that fit them? I have a very small ear canal and even the small silicon sleeves are too big for my ears and I end up losing isolation really quickly. The only thing that I've found works are foam sleeves, but the r0's don't seem to come with them :/

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #440 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by zil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The r0's sound like a very good buy but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any replacement foam tips that fit them? I have a very small ear canal and even the small silicon sleeves are too big for my ears and I end up losing isolation really quickly. The only thing that I've found works are foam sleeves, but the r0's don't seem to come with them :/

I'm using foam tips off of soundmagic PL30s and they work great. However, you may want to get a set of Shure Olives and mod them to fit the RE0 nozzle instead.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #442 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question before i take the plunge, are these babies bass shy?

It has been stated many times that although the quality of bass that the RE0s produce is on par with the other flagship IEMs, the quantity will definitely leave bassheads wanting more. So yes, some would consider them bass-shy.

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #445 of 2,011
Got them today, and i've been testing them with freqgen, a tone generator app for the iPhone. Bass starts at 35hz, but doesnt't reach full strength until 50hz.

Microphonics were horrible til I wore them over ear, couldn't even hear my own footsteps.

As I was walking, listening to guitar that I've heard hundreds of times before, I was struck motionlesss by the sound. The clarity is incredible, as is the transparency.

Build quality is great, and so far I'm very happy with these.

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #446 of 2,011
Just received my RE0..

SQ is very good.. for the $$
The bass is tight and they seem to be just nice if only i get a good fit.

The isolation is very VERY BAD to me..
Tried all the given tips and none of it fits me.

Tried Shure EA306 triple flange on the RE0 and isolation is still not enough for me..

Any advice for improving isolation?

EA306 tips work perfectly for me previously with IM716 but not for RE0...
Does shure olive gives better isolation?

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #447 of 2,011
Nozzle is too thick for deep insertion. It seems that the white biflanges work well for most people, though mostly when the cord is worn over the ear

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #448 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jx87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my RE0..
Any advice for improving isolation?

if you haven't tried this, maybe try varying the angle of insertion, see if you can get a better seal that way. when I first got the RE0 I also couldn't get a decent seal, but have managed to bump it up to an acceptable degree for myself. I also use Comply with my RE0 but I don't think it isolates more than the bi-flanges.

This is also a reason for wearing it over the ear - the cable relief can and will get in the way of proper insertion sometimes.

Beyond that, there's perhaps some fundamental reason why it isolates less than our previous pairs, say small air vents opened on the enclosure.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #449 of 2,011
i believe its the build of the earphone that isolates less..

Tried the varying angles with all the tips except for olives n comply.

I have also noticed that Atrios black Biflange tips increases bass without reducing sound quality =) but they dont give good isolation to me =(

Going for refund if i am unable to get a decent isolation (everything will be perfect if i get my isolation >.< )
I can even hear raindrops or birds chirping with the RE0 on.

Am already thinking of getting one of the following if the isolation just doesnt work:
Denon 710
Um1
Kilpsch Custom or s4

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #450 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my faulty RE0 was sent on 27th july to china via registered air mail, until now they have not received it yet. Very dissapointed with China's postal service. I WILL NOT BUY STUFF FROM CHINA ANYMORE!

There are tons of headphones available in the US just like these, don't need to order from China. Lots of people get caught up that when ordering from overseas they are getting a 'special' product. There are plenty of products readily available that can be at your doorstep in 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back