[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Aug 5, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #376 of 2,011
How do the fake shures sound lol

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #377 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the fake shures sound lol

LOL, worse than awful!! I let them "burn-in" for 2-3 days, and they sounded like a Bose with cotton balls stuck in the tubes -- I binned 'em pretty quickly. But I've been using the leather case and tips for several months now!

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #378 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirby1356,

Do you find the smallness of the Altoids mini-tin too tight for your RE0? I started so use something similar, but didn't want too put so much bend/strain on the cord and joints.

I do find the tin slightly tight. I wrap the cable around four fingers and put it in the tin. The cable comes out with some kinks and such but I just run two fingers down the cable and that straightens it out mostly. I have the updated RE0 with the cloth cord.

*I fixed my video, I have no idea what I was thinking when I put "Strain Relief."

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #379 of 2,011
after all the thinking from nuforce ne-7m, klipsch image s4, phonak pfe, jvc fx-500 i think these earphones are best value for 99$, plus i have the satisfaction of knowing the store is in US just in case i need the warranty..
hopefully they will be a noticeable improvement over my lost super .fi 3 studio (for which i ordered 10$ replacement from dailysteals.com yesterday :p )

thank you head-fi members for all your reviews and comments..

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #380 of 2,011
Does anyone who ordered the RE0 know what this means? -

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

03-08-2009 21:34 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country
03-08-2009 17:03 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

I'm not sure where the package currently is, I live in the UK and bought the RE0 last Friday (6 days ago)

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #382 of 2,011
Ouch, I just bought the RE0 myself aswell. Hope thats going all right. I was just wondering, how do they handle the orders. I find it quite strange that u don't have to make an account. When u want to buy something U just have to pay and thats it ? :S I haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #383 of 2,011
Yeah I just payed with Paypal on Friday then got a confirmation email with a tracking number the day after. Took about 2 days for it to start showing up in the tracking system on

EMS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #384 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I just payed with Paypal on Friday then got a confirmation email with a tracking number the day after. Took about 2 days for it to start showing up in the tracking system on

EMS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do they always send with ems?
frown.gif

That sending method is fast but my countryies custom usually keeps that one with them for several days
frown.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #386 of 2,011
Same with me. I just ordered and paid. Confirmation email with tracking number came next day. Tracking was visible on DHL page after 2 days. 5 business days later it was delivered.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #387 of 2,011
Mines at customs now according to the tracker, not sure how the package is marked or if I will have to pay any sort of custom fee though (should arrive tomorrow)

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #388 of 2,011
Aug 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #389 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negaiido /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooooo Where can I get that little box? ^^
I really need to find a way to conserve my earphones. Thats my biggest problem with earphones. Does someone know a good way to do that without destroying them?

I bought that tin at the grocery store.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #390 of 2,011
Well after thinking about stepping into the world of upper-end IEMs for a while, I happened to see the link advertising the $99 Summer sale at the top of the forum page.
After reading a fair chunk of this thread (too many "my RE0's are on the way....there at the post office....waiting for me when I get home" BTW) I decided this was a good time and a good product to try.

Most of the posters here are using the Fiio amps. Has anyone heard the RE0's through a Music Max LT1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back