Review: Grado Statement 1000
Jul 27, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #31 of 211
Very nice review Zanth...well put..looking forward to Part Deux..
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #34 of 211
Actually, I don't find my iPod / Bithead combo to have sibilance at all. A little sloppy and uncontrolled sure, but really quite pleasant. You won't find it there, I don't think!

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #35 of 211
Nice review, Zanth.

Question for the group-- do we know for *certain* that the driver in the GS1000 is unique and different (a new design) from the PS-1 or the RS-1? Or is the only difference in the chambers/wood and the padding?

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #36 of 211
If its not the same as the ps-1 driver, its likely similar. The bass/highs/mids quantity of ps-1/rs-1/gs-1 all with smushed bowl pads, the ps-1 and gs-1000 have the closest balance.

Biggie.

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #37 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Nice review, Zanth.

Question for the group-- do we know for *certain* that the driver in the GS1000 is unique and different (a new design) from the PS-1 or the RS-1? Or is the only difference in the chambers/wood and the padding?

In the original post, Zanth said that he heard 'from the horses mouth - IE John Grado' that they are newly designed drivers (not PS-1 or RS-1 drivers, or any other Grado legacy drivers for that matter).

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #40 of 211
so anyone want to start contributing to the "get warrior05 a pair of GS1Ks so he can verify zanth's findings fund"?
evil_smiley.gif

man, just when i was able to ignore these grados then zanth has to go and post a review like that! i've been thinking about these ever since they appeared and have been trying to stop thinking about them ever since they appeared. my wallet is starting to turn into a black hole! stop the madness!!!! uh... but not until i have a pair of these... 'kay?

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #41 of 211
No worries, MarkL is gearing up for a review of the GS1000. Should be interesting.

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #43 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
No worries, MarkL is gearing up for a review of the GS1000. Should be interesting.

[size=small]Yes, from a review from a leading Head-fi Grado guru to a review from a renown head-fi Grado hater --- and the hits just keep on coming!
gs1000.gif
[/size]

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #44 of 211
Excellant write up Zanth!
I have found the GS1000s can show signs of sibilance,but its usually a software(recording) issue.They are a very revealing Headphone.

Having spent a couple of weeks with The Grado prototype balanced amp & balanced GS1000s John had sent me to Beta test(Great synergy together )
in my system.I have to say I could live with this combo as my only setup with my EMM labs gear. The Gs1000s are very source dependent( they can sound like crap or just bring it all together to sonic bliss).
The last NY meet I had the setup hooked up to the EMM labs gear early on blew Stevesurfs mind listening to Diana Krall SACD.
The gs1000s,grado amp later got switched to the Leonardo CDP as a source for the combo & didn't fair as Well (To bad as others at the meet who listened to the combo with the leonardo & missed hearing the combo with the Emm Labs gear missed out on What I had been enjoying for the prior 3 weeks). I sent the combo back to John (didn't Really want to) I made some recomendations for dual volume controls & dual power supplies for the balanced amp,lets see if John incorporates them in the production unit.

I still have the prototype GS1000s from the national meet (They are mine & not going back ,unless I decide to go balanced when John comes out with the production balanced amp,then I will have them recabled).
I can listen to the GS1000s for hours as well,most comfortable Grado yet.

Jul 28, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #45 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Excellant write up Zanth!
I have found the GS1000s can show signs of sibilance,but its usually a software(recording) issue.They are a very revealing Headphone.

[size=small]Hi Boze,

Any word yet on how the GS1000 compares/contrasts with the HP1000 with respect to transparency and neutrality? In other words, is the HP1000 in danger of losing its crown as the transparency king?
gs1000.gif
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back