Review! Fischer Audio's FA-004
May 5, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #62 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
M50 is better in any way.
Except fit may be...

how is the M50 better? I think the M50 is a spectacular headphone, especially amped. Not just good for the money, but good regardless

May 6, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #63 of 236
004 seem to be better for portable use. 1,3 m instead of 3,5 meter cable to fall upon. How about coiled vs straight and looks. Do you look goofy with these?

May 6, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #64 of 236
Quote:
It is not studio monitor headphone! Not even close.
It is DJ headphones. Great body. May be better than M50's.
Bass heavy,dark ,but not as detailed and transparent as M50 sound.

Better than M50 for DJing? Or better overall?

May 6, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #65 of 236

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogteal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was exactly my thought as well after reading the review. IMO M50 right now represent THE headphone to beat in the sub $100 category.

The M50 is only sub $100 on eBay. In regular shops it's typically in the $110 to $160 range. Calling it a sub $100 headphone is a bit of a stretch. MSRP on the M50 is $199.

Well considering that a lot of equipment that is talked about on Head-Fi can only be had through eBay, I don't see why we can't call the M50 sub $100 when you can purchase it through a medium that is used quite often in the Head-Fi community.

May 6, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #66 of 236
Was at mediamarkt today. They only had the Fischer Hyperion. I cross checked with the Koss Porta Pro and they sounded exactly identical to my ears?
The Fischer did totally destroy the Porta Pro in comfort though.

So how do the hyperion differ from the FA-002? Hyperion did definiatly seem to be designed as a portable headphone.

May 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #67 of 236
received my fa-004 today.
had to wait a whopping 12 days for shipment from russia.  i guess it could've been worse, tho.

immediately out of the box, they were surprisingly light weight, and felt strangely both delicate and solidly built at the same time. 
i think i may review them in the new head gear section once i've had some time with them, but here are my thoughts on day 1:

the ear cups are small, but strangely they are large enough for my ears to be circumaural.  just barely.  i have to "tuck" my earlobes in there a bit.  and also, oddly, they sound better that way than if i push them forward and let them rest on the ear rather than around.

right out of the box the sound signature appears that it's going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of a closed grado.  forward mids, mid-bass for fun, sparkly highs.  but, with less than 4 hours on them right now, it's just too hard to say.

i will say that they, so far, appear very easy to listen to.  and, wonder of all wonders, i simply can't explain the "feeling" of these.  They are closed cans, and even isolate decently, but don't feel like closed cans.  for instance, when i put on my M50s, "THWOK!"  my ears are in the vaccum.
but, with these, the feel is much better.  no pressure like with other closed cans.  however, the seal isn't as aggressive, nor is the clamping force as strong as some closed cans.

so far, i have to say it, these appear to be a big win for $80.  of course, time will tell with burn-in how good the imaging turns out, and the soundstage, etc.

May 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #68 of 236
May 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #69 of 236
Very interested in these phones. Can anyone/Will anyone tell me how they preform compared to other $80 headphones? Or the M50's?

I've been stuck with ipod buds lately and I'd love for good, sub-$100, portable headphones. If anyone has any suggestions, just message me with them or reply here.

May 14, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #70 of 236

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bigger then most open headphoens? What open references?

>=Ultrasone 2500 Pro,Grado SR325i,AKG k702
Close to Sennheiser HD650
IMHO

hmmm. . .

so would that mean that the FA-003 has bigger/better soundstage than the Ultrasone Pro 750? that would be quite impressive

also, can you comment on whether you prefer the Ultrasone 2500 Pro or FA-003 for rock and why?

May 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #71 of 236

Quote:

hmmm. . .

so would that mean that the FA-003 has bigger/better soundstage than the Ultrasone Pro 750? that would be quite impressive

also, can you comment on whether you prefer the Ultrasone 2500 Pro or FA-003 for rock and why?

Yes.

Yes.
FA-003 is too relaxed ,too flat. Bass is much less punchy and deep. Sound is not as detailed and crisp.
For my taste Ultrasone 2500 Pro is the best headphones I heard. Deep punchy bass. Cristal clear and transparent sound. Sparkling treble. No sibilance after burn in. It is like armature IEM with soundstage and more refined sound.
It is not the best technically. But it is more inspiring. IMHO

May 14, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #72 of 236

Quote:
Very interested in these phones. Can anyone/Will anyone tell me how they preform compared to other $80 headphones? Or the M50's?

I've been stuck with ipod buds lately and I'd love for good, sub-$100, portable headphones. If anyone has any suggestions, just message me with them or reply here.

i happen to have both....
hmmmm... compared to other $80 headphones?  fa-004 is better.
Compared to the M50, which amazingly can be had for $90?  the m50 is a better headphone in terms of sound.
however, it weighs a lot, is bass heavy, will make your ears sweat, and the isolation can be a little difficult to get used to.

however, the m50 and fa-004 both represent great value. 
and, btw, the fa-004 can be had now for $67 at bugden audio. 
wink.gif

May 14, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #73 of 236

Quote:
Yes.

Yes.
FA-003 is too relaxed ,too flat. Bass is much less punchy and deep. Sound is not as detailed and crisp.
For my taste Ultrasone 2500 Pro is the best headphones I heard. Deep punchy bass. Cristal clear and transparent sound. Sparkling treble. No sibilance after burn in. It is like armature IEM with soundstage and more refined sound.
It is not the best technically. But it is more inspiring. IMHO

k, spacibo

I really do like my Ultrasone Pro750s, but at times I find their presentation not the best for rock since depending on the artist/ rock style the bass is overpowering of the vocals, I'm not really sure how to describe it more in depth

for example this happens with Bruce Springstein

so, I was thinking of getting a more rock biased can, like some Alessandros, but then again I'm just listening out of onboard audio without a dac or amp, so I'll probably work on getting those first 

May 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #74 of 236
Please, how big are these headphones? Do you have someone photo with headphones on head?
It would be useable as a portable on travel?
Thanks

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #75 of 236
Indeed, they are beautiful :)

FA004 experience is not bad, just need more amps to push its potential

however i feel that something can be done on the exterior.

it seems a little stiff on the hinge. maybe need a little more allowance to fit on my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back