Review! Fischer Audio's FA-004
Apr 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #16 of 236
These look pretty sweet. It's the same style as the Panasonic htx7, except more refined. The fun sound signature is sure to win friends, too.

Thanks for the review, it's always cool to see new options on the market.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #17 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just couldn't resist the fischer price.
icon10.gif

(he's on fire today!)

I guffawed.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #18 of 236
I heard about Fischer Audio in 2009 and a friend of mine and me got the Eterna and Evolution through a Russian contact. It's great to see the name getting bigger and I hope I can sample other FA products soon. Looking forward to more reviews and impressions! I'd like to try the Oldschool 70 as well. Looks like a fun can.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #20 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard about Fischer Audio in 2009 and a friend of mine and me got the Eterna and Evolution through a Russian contact. It's great to see the name getting bigger and I hope I can sample other FA products soon. Looking forward to more reviews and impressions! I'd like to try the Oldschool 70 as well. Looks like a fun can.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool! What do you think about the Eterna and the Evolution?

The Oldskool '70's are worth trying out. Expect a review on those very soon.
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #21 of 236
My Evolution is a fun IEM. It's warm, thick and in your face. Lower-mid/bass oriented, subwoofer-ish tendencies with a decent soundstage. Some treble roll-off. Great for electronic music and pop. Not for critical listeners. Reminds me a bit of a smoother/ less boomy Atrios. My girlfriend uses them mostly now since I bought the RE0. It lacks the RE0's beautiful treble sparkle and I'm a sucker for detail. Biggest flaw of the Evolution is it's build quality. It sounds much better than it's construction. Check my review of them overhere.

The Eterna is the Evolution's bigger brother in all respects. Better mids, better bass and a overall engaging & detailed sound. The Evolutions are way more comfortable though and have a cleaner, less flashy look.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to try the DBA-02, FA002, FA003, FA004, Oldschool 70's, Titan (AD700-ish?) and that Eterna V2 I heard about.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #22 of 236
Cool. It sounds like Fischer has been re-vamping their sound and build quality across the board. So far, I'm impressed with what I have listened to.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #24 of 236
Nice review LFF. Too bad it came out two days after I ordered a pair of closed cans. It looks like these could be a fun, affordable option if I want to try something different though. I will keep an eye out for your review of the other models.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #25 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! After so many PM's regarding the FA-002 and the FA-003, I wrote to Fischer Audio and they said they would be sending me some for review.

Based upon the FA-004, I'm extremely curious as to how their flagship headphones sound like. Once I get them, burn them in and listen carefully, I'll post a full review.
biggrin.gif

I'll take some pictures and post them soon.

Woot! I cannot wait!
popcorn.gif
No pressure Luis
wink_face.gif
! Kidding aside, I've read that the FA-002 is supposed to be on the same level if not better than the HD650. But I prefer the HD600, so hopefully it'll be something like that.

Thanks for all the effort Luis! You're on a review roll! Head-fi is keeping you busy eh!

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #26 of 236
I am anxious to read a review on the FA-003. Been thinking about adding another closed phone.

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #27 of 236
I'm incredibly excited about many of Fischer Audio's products. Is there anyone here that's heard these fantastic cans and either the Sennheiser HD555 or 595 and can comment on their similarities and dissimilarities? I currently own the 555's and love them, but am in the market for an additional pair of headphones or a replacement. I'm already on the train for the FA DBA-02 IEMs (thanks for that review, LFF!) and looking forward to when they come back into stock.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #28 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesandcoltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot! I cannot wait!
popcorn.gif
No pressure Luis
wink_face.gif
! Kidding aside, I've read that the FA-002 is supposed to be on the same level if not better than the HD650. But I prefer the HD600, so hopefully it'll be something like that.

Thanks for all the effort Luis! You're on a review roll! Head-fi is keeping you busy eh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am anxious to read a review on the FA-003. Been thinking about adding another closed phone.

I know what you guys mean! I'm patiently waiting for the FA-002/3 to arrive.
normal_smile .gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #29 of 236
how is the fa-005 supposed to be like in the lineup? it looks like a studio monitor headphone to me akin to the M50s or mdr-v6. it really reminds me of the ultrasone proline series as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back