Review! Fischer Audio's FA-004
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #31 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really love the look and style of these headphones, but would it be too (big) goofy looking to wear as portables though?

Funny you mention this as I was wearing mine today at the park. They don't look goofy at all and I had one guy told me they looked cool.
normal_smile .gif
They are not as big as they look though.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #32 of 236
I just pulled the trigger on the FA-002s. I'll try and provide impressions when they arrive, although what I understood from some Russian forums is that they need a fair amount of burn-in. Hopefully they won't take too long to get here from Russia. In Soviet Russia, headphones listen to YOU.

May 1, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #33 of 236
Hi LFF,

Do you have experience with the HD25-1 II? How do you compare FA-004 with other close type DJ headphones in like the SRH840 and HD25-1 II?

I was about to pull the trigger on the FA-004 but have read some Russian reviews saying the CAL! would be comparable and could be better built (exterior finish wise).

I ended up purchased the OldSkool70 instead for its metal cup design, good Russian reviews (good dynamic, great female vocals) and retro look. Can't wait to receive the OldSkool70...

May 1, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #34 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by borrego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi LFF,

Do you have experience with the HD25-1 II? How do you compare FA-004 with other close type DJ headphones in like the SRH840 and HD25-1 II?

I was about to pull the trigger on the FA-004 but have read some Russian reviews saying the CAL! would be comparable and could be better built (exterior finish wise).

I ended up purchased the OldSkool70 instead for its metal cup design, good Russian reviews (good dynamic, great female vocals) and retro look. Can't wait to receive the OldSkool70...

I do have some experience with closed DJ type phones, including some worth a lot more than the FA-004. I feel the FA-004 is well built. Soundwise, it's quite a bit better than all the other closed phones I have.

The OldSkool70 is really a treat. It's got great punch and some nice sounding mids. It's a great phone to use around the house and they look awesome.

May 1, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #35 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just pulled the trigger on the FA-002s. I'll try and provide impressions when they arrive, although what I understood from some Russian forums is that they need a fair amount of burn-in. Hopefully they won't take too long to get here from Russia. In Soviet Russia, headphones listen to YOU.

Sweet! Mine will be here soon and I have my burn in disc ready to go.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #37 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by attika89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound great!
I'm looking forward to your reviews on them
beerchug.gif

BTW the FA-004 is supra or circum-aural?

I'm looking forward to writing them!

For me, the FA-004 is circum-aural. The Oldskool70's are supra-aural.
icon10.gif

May 1, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #38 of 236
Always nice with "newcomers"... Though maybe Fischer has been around under other names like German Maestro before?

Mediamarkt had some Fischer and it sounded really good out of my Ipod. But the one I heard was an open model and priced at 280$ approx if I am dont remember wrong.

May 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #39 of 236
Mediamarkt sells Fischer? Must go there then...

May 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #40 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am anxious to read a review on the FA-003. Been thinking about adding another closed phone.

It is very very good. And it is great for it's price.

May 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #41 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the fa-005 supposed to be like in the lineup? it looks like a studio monitor headphone to me akin to the M50s or mdr-v6. it really reminds me of the ultrasone proline series as well...

It is not studio monitor headphone! Not even close.
It is DJ headphones. Great body. May be better than M50's.
Bass heavy,dark ,but not as detailed and transparent as M50 sound.

May 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #43 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by andreiru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FA-003's are most favoured from the FA line, it seems.

Yes. Because its soundstage is bigger than most of the open cans have while it is closed ,comfortable and good blocking.

May 1, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #44 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Because its soundstage is bigger than most of the open cans have while it is closed ,comfortable and good blocking.

Bigger then most open headphoens? What open references? And how much does it isolate?

May 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #45 of 236
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bigger then most open headphoens? What open references?

>=Ultrasone 2500 Pro,Grado SR325i,AKG k702
Close to Sennheiser HD650
IMHO

Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And how much does it isolate?

Close to Audio-Technica ATH-M50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back