[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Nov 22, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #106 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed an order, just awaiting confirmation and shipping. I'll be taking pre-orders somewhat soon. For now I'll just be stocking Silver Bullet and Eterna, but I might take pre-orders for other models and order them with next batches as needed, or possibly even full time stock them if demand is great enough. I need to apply for MOT status, and get up to speed with MOT regulations. If anyone has any questions, please email me at sales@bugdenaudio.com.
Rest assured, these will be sold in North America fairly soon.

Any idea of how much the "Eterna" will cost, including shipping?

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #107 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beauty (sound quality) is in the eye (ear) of the beholder
smile.gif

Don't tease me like that, I'm a philosopher.
redface.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #109 of 468
Sorry to ruin all this hype around but I had auditioning ETERNA few days ago and I wouldn't say they any close to 530s. For me they was too boomy and muddy. I haven't hear any IEMs for a months, may be it gives me feeling of obvious difference with my D2000 and ETERNA. Don't know. So, I wasn't impressed at all.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #111 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to ruin all this hype around but I had auditioning ETERNA few days ago and I wouldn't say they any close to 530s. For me they was too boomy and muddy. I haven't hear any IEMs for a months, may be it gives me feeling of obvious difference with my D2000 and ETERNA. Don't know. So, I wasn't impressed at all.

Burn-in?

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #112 of 468
It was a pare of friend of mine. He use it for year or ten month at list. So, I had ask him how often they used and I will say 300 hrs should be there. He bought them in Moscow from authorized dealer.

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #115 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by sithlord32786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea of how much the "Eterna" will cost, including shipping?

It's close to 80U$D (78~79$). That is if you buy them from a bulk order (some guy orders 10+ directly from FA and sells them for little/no profit). In Europe they cost 100~150$ so I think you'll see the same price tag when they get out of Russia and in to the "western market".

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #116 of 468
As I far as know FA don't have any laboratory and factory in Russia they just re branding Chinese products. But which company I don't know. This Chinese company manufacturing IEMs for Creative and other BIG NAMES too. Why people like them in Russia cos they have a nice customer care, relatively low prices to big names. And decent products compare to noname Chinese stuff which is all around.

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #117 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I far as know FA don't have any laboratory and factory in Russia they just re branding Chinese products...

Whether you call it rebranding or OEM, you will be surprised how many big brand name and best seller are exactly doing the same thing. No matter we like it or not, that is the business trend.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #118 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whether you call it rebranding or OEM, you will be surprised how many big brand name and best seller are exactly doing the same thing. No matter we like it or not, that is the business trend.

that means that we can buy the same exact IEM's as this , under another brand, for much cheaper?

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #119 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by carmatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that means that we can buy the same exact IEM's as this , under another brand, for much cheaper?

Not quite. Many OEM / ODM don't do direct sale. Some of them actually reserve their best models for OEM/ODM business only. Direct sale might have a higher profit margin, but it also involves much higher risk and cost of setting up distribution. Instead, selling a large quantity on cheaper price to another company is a much safer way to earn money in the long run. Take Foxter Japan for an example, they makes most of the Denon, a fair share of Audio Technica, Creative, Apple, Sony, etc, yet you can hardly find their own brand of headphone in the market.

A few years ago you can still get the same models under different brands for oversea and China market, as the China market was still relatively 'closed' and self-contained. But recently as the market gets more international attention (i.e. just look around in our forum), a lot of brand name companies start to use contract to 'lock up' the model they are sourcing from the Chinese ODM/OEM so the same model can't be sold to others, hence we get lesser chances to find two identical model being sold under different brands. Even if you do find them, most of the time the price difference isn't worth the extra effort needed to get it from China.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #120 of 468
Just short impression
Same sound sig as um3x but heavy bass comparable to sf5eb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back