[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Nov 24, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #122 of 468
Where are you getting this Eterna IEM and for what price?
I'm searching on ebay and I can't find the seller of the imported Eterna much less the IEM. I just found that other IEM shown a few posts back.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #123 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just short impression
Same sound sig as um3x but heavy bass comparable to sf5eb.

Finally, some kinda sorta positive thoughts. Perhaps the bass could taper off after burn in?

I miss the smooth vocals on my RE0, too bad I couldn't get a good fit on those.
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #124 of 468
Nov 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #126 of 468
Pray that mine arrives tomorrow. I should be able to compare the Eterna's soundstage to the FX500-level (according to James444 anyway) soundstage of the Cyclone PR2.

Which reminds me, I need to get the FX500...
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #127 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick Q for those who own it -
I'm getting the Comply T500, is the large the same as UE SF5p Large?
Also is the Shure olive tips the same sizing.

Just to add,
most of the budget went into the IEMs the accessories and ear tips aren't the best quality, so if you're getting, get better ear tips.

I have update my review with the part below.

I strongly advice against getting T400/T500 for Eterna. Eterna's noozle is bigger than usual Sony, Crossroad, Creative, etc noozle but a little smaller than UE noozle.

Below is the picture of T400 and UE form sleeves core with Shure Olive
IMG_0595copy.jpg

IMG_0596copy.jpg

IMG_0597copy.jpg

IMG_0598copy.jpg

IMG_0599copy.jpg

From the pictures, you can see UE core have sort of stopper at the opening to prevent it from sliding it too far back into the noozle. However, T400 lack of this feature. In fact, I can slide T400 all the way to the back of the Eterna's noozle and T400 feel loose on Eterna. T500 is suppose to be similarly design but with a larger diameter. I'm afraid it will not stay in place. The result of comply seating too far back is you will find it hard to get a good seal and harder insertion compare to silicon sleeves.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #128 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice review . I think some folks would like to know more on the soundstage thing though

Just updated my review with soundstaging

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #129 of 468
hi theory_87, u mentioned the soundstage is inferior to Atrio... but for me Atrio's soundstaging is already not that good......... does that mean Eterna soundstage is actually below par in the competition?

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #130 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by nders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi theory_87, u mentioned the soundstage is inferior to Atrio... but for me Atrio's soundstaging is already not that good......... does that mean Eterna soundstage is actually below par in the competition?

If you've tried any BA IEM with lesser stage than the Atrio (a fair amount), then you'd really appreciate the soundstage of the Atrio. For me, the Atrio was a considerable step up in soundstage from the PFE. So the Atrio's soundstage is certainly not sub-par, and anything a bit lesser than it is not sub-par. They are both above par for the price range.
Also, it is important to not confuse soundstage with imaging. They are two totally different monsters.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #131 of 468
Listening through mine using my Fuze + LOD + Crap E5...
biggrin.gif

Impressions? I like em, even though not as transparent as my PR2 (after the initial 30 minutes out of the box) or is the bass as dry (it's a bit flabby and woofer-y). Soundstage width gets spanked hard by the PR2 (much wider by a good margin), but in terms of imaging, they seem equally competent. Though, to my ears, the Eternas have a touch more depth in terms of the perceived soundstage.

And yeah, the Eternas are basshead phones. That's for sure.

But overall, the Eternas are very engaging phones, out of the box. Will update with more critical impressions later after thar burn inzzorz!
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #132 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've tried any BA IEM with lesser stage than the Atrio (a fair amount), then you'd really appreciate the soundstage of the Atrio. For me, the Atrio was a considerable step up in soundstage from the PFE. So the Atrio's soundstage is certainly not sub-par, and anything a bit lesser than it is not sub-par. They are both above par for the price range.
Also, it is important to not confuse soundstage with imaging. They are two totally different monsters.

thanks for the explanation! i think I listened to too few earphones to know the standard definition of soundstage :p seems like I shouldn't be complaining about my atrio's soundstage then
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #133 of 468
Just noticed that even during the toasting period, the Eternas are probably the ONLY IEM on my stable that can make my laptop's onboard audio card sound listenable.

Using them with the PR2 bi-flanges now (very similar to the RE0 bi-flanges), great fit and commendable isolation - at least compared to the open-backed PR2.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #134 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by eiraku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just noticed that even during the toasting period, the Eternas are probably the ONLY IEM on my stable that can make my laptop's onboard audio card sound listenable.

Using them with the PR2 bi-flanges now (very similar to the RE0 bi-flanges), great fit and commendable isolation - at least compared to the open-backed PR2.

It due to the sound signature and Eterna inability to resolve fine detail

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #135 of 468
i had an Atrio too. compared to Atrio... I think eterna (10hrs burnt-in), besides not being able to go deeper, also muffled up the upper bass (a bit bloated, is tat what we call mid bass hump?) quite a bit.

and I really, really prefer NOT to use Eterna for vocal tracks coz they seem to handle the mids abit too bloated still.

oh and, live music doesn't perform quite well too cos they are a bit slow in resolving the claps and responses from the crowd, which, imo, destroys the whole atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back