[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Nov 5, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #76 of 468
bro ClieOS is the culprit of most of us the newbie entrylevel headphiles XD i have no doubt when placing the order too. Sonic Diamond from ClieOS is just too much poison for my puny brain to resist.

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #77 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His 'local' is Malaysia. IIRC, there is another MO in Singapore already on their way as well.

Darn it...
Any one in Nor Cal wants to start a group buy?

Btw, if this Sonic Diamond award thing is going to become annual or semi-annual, I better start saving up every year.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #78 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn it...

We've been over this earlier in the thread. Head-fi group buy rules are very stringent and require an MOT's participation.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #79 of 468
Quote:

Darn it...

Btw, if this Sonic Diamond award thing is going to become annual or semi-annual, I better start saving up every year.

IINM, he gives 'em out to any IEM that deserves it, regardless of time. Meaning, it might even be monthly if we're (un)lucky...
biggrin.gif

And SACD-Man is working hard on working out a deal with the FA people as we speak (plus that one Canadian guy), so salvation should be near...
ksc75smile.gif

My savings are gonna get hit bad this month... :cries:

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #80 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by eiraku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IINM, he gives 'em out to any IEM that deserves it, regardless of time. Meaning, it might even be monthly if we're (un)lucky...
biggrin.gif

And SACD-Man is working hard on working out a deal with the FA people as we speak (plus that one Canadian guy), so salvation should be near...
ksc75smile.gif

My savings are gonna get hit bad this month... :cries:

Don't put too much attention to which IEM gets the SD award. It is after all a personal assessment. You should put attention to what kind of sound signature instead. As long as the IEM is getting around a 4/5 and above, they are all really good buy.

Not sure if Craig will like it as I do. He might very well decide not to carry any FA. Regardless, I think the better FA models will still be popular for its low price if they can find a good international distributor.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #81 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't put too much attention to which IEM gets the SD award. It is after all a personal assessment. You should put attention to what kind of sound signature instead. As long as the IEM is getting around a 4/5 and above, they are all really good buy.

Not sure if Craig will like it as I do. He might very well decide not to carry any FA. Regardless, I think the better FA models will still be popular for its low price if they can find a good international distributor.

I think many people, like me, are interested in the Eterna because its characteristics on paper are so different from RE0, which many of us also enjoyed. So having two very different phones (Eterna and RE0) can complement each other to satiate the thirst for bass and balance.
If the winner of Sonic Diamond from this round of shootout still has the same type of SQ as RE0, I don't think people would've cared as much.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #82 of 468
Quote:

If the winner of Sonic Diamond from this round of shootout still has the same type of SQ as RE0, I don't think people would've cared as much.

In a way, you are right. One of the main reason for me to rate Eterna so highly is its wildly different sound signature to other IEM (the same approach Senn. takes with IE8). It does seem that RE0 and Eterna compliment each other very well in that regard.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #83 of 468
so I was googling to see if Fischer Audio sells anything in Taiwan so I can get my friend there to get me one (even though FA's rep already told me that they don't sell there, yet). And the first hit on google is a linkedin page for their UK contact. But it has this line "Fischer Audio manufactures in Taiwan and our sound engineer designs the earpieces to accomodate the different musics"
Wow, I am surprised. Could FA be manufactured in Taiwan instead of China or Russia? Maybe the chance of them selling in taiwan in the future is not unlikely at all.

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #84 of 468
I'm still working on it, sending some of my papers in tonight for licenses. First orders will not be large as I am funding this with my hard earned cash, which is at the moment somewhat limited, but as needed I will order larger batches. Since I must pay with wire transfer, there are also certain risks I would take with larger batches up front. I should be able to start taking orders by the end of the month. Also, if people are interested in me carrying models other than the Eterna, feel free to say it here. I need to decide what to spend my capital on, so unless there is enough interest in other models, my first batch or two will be just Eterna, to help get it out there faster.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #85 of 468
I have Sigma of Signature series, about six months. And i will say that its an excellent phones for its price.
I often listen to the electronic, and it sounds is really good on them. They have very powerful, clear, springy and deep bass. It's like a woofer in my ears.)
And soft, mellifluous middle. And though treble lacks of detail, the overall impression of them is very positive.

I haven't seen any FA distributor in the US, but some FA headphones are selling on eBay (Eterna, Silver Bullet, Enigma, Sigma).
I think that is one of the easiest way to buy them.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #86 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine Pilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some FA headphones are selling on eBay (Eterna, Silver Bullet, Enigma, Sigma).

Looks like they've been posted in the past two three days. I couldn't find any last week.
The ones on there now are at least $85 for Eterna (starting bid & shipping). Price looks a little hefty....

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #87 of 468
hmm that's a new seller and he links to this specific thread of head-fi.

starting bid is about a 27% markup from MSRP + $10 shipping.
seems like someone saw this review and is trying to make a little extra pocket change off it

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #88 of 468
newbie looking to buy one of those little bastards!
smily_headphones1.gif
Will keep an eye on this thread. Eterna is looking very well, let's see what they can do near to RE0!

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #89 of 468
I might have to pay the small premium that the Ebay seller has put on them. I really want to hear these and I don't have the patience to wait because my previous pair of IEMs ceased to function. I am music-less right now!

frown.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #90 of 468
Well, the two separate local group buy (one in Malaysia and another one in Singapore) seems to be go very well from what I read from local forums. In a week or two you will get more impressions and reviews surface on the internet. I know I am responsible for poisoning those early adapters, but here come the chance to read some bodies else opinions very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back