REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Feb 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #1,487 of 2,116
Man these headphones look just like what I'm after. I bought the sennheiser Hd558's and they just aren't my cup of tea, lacking bass.

Edit* Is anybody from the UK selling these?

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #1,488 of 2,116

Quote:
Man these headphones look just like what I'm after. I bought the sennheiser Hd558's and they just aren't my cup of tea, lacking bass.

Edit* Is anybody from the UK selling these?

http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-011

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #1,489 of 2,116

Quote:
http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-011

Sorry I meant is anyone from the forums selling it in the UK. I don't know why I was asking it here though, my brain isn't working. Is this a reliable company? The beaten up cardboard box, the revisions and the fact it's only being sold by 1 company in the UK is quite concerning.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #1,491 of 2,116
Also, Frogbeats (the UK seller) has a soft foam-filled case for the ones they sell.  No idea why GD-Audiobase doesn't use those as well instead of the cardboard.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #1,492 of 2,116
lol, I meant are fischer audio a reliable. And are the parts for the FA-011 replaceable? My cables always manage to have a break in them so a quick replacement cable is essential.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #1,493 of 2,116
Recables are always possible 
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,497 of 2,116

Quote:
Are they worth the best part of a hundred quid, though?

Always imagined they cost a bit less than that... has the price gone up?

From The OP's review and the look of the headphones I'm surprised they aren't $300+

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,498 of 2,116

Quote:
Are they worth the best part of a hundred quid, though?

Always imagined they cost a bit less than that... has the price gone up?

Frogbeats is significantly more expensive than GD-Audiobase (~$155 vs ~$120).  However, they include a case, ship much more quickly, and have excellent customer service.

From my discussions with the owner back  when they were first trying to stock them, Fischer was reluctant to sell them the FA-011, so they probably didn't get a great deal on the pricing.

And yes, I think that they're absolutely worth it for that price.  They compete with my D2000s (losing on comfort and bass impact, winning on bass quantity and mids), which are nearly impossible to find for less than $200.  And now that they're using natural wood for the cups, they look fantastic - they looked good before, but now I can say that they're the best-looking headphones for under $200, possibly under $300 as well.

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,500 of 2,116

Quote:
At this point if Frogbeats can offer better and significantly more reliable customer service than GD-Audiobase, I'd be willing to shell out those few extra dollars.

I haven't dealt with GD-Audiobase, but all of my customer service experiences with Frogbeats have been excellent.  Both items I've bought from them (GR-07 and FA-011) shipped promptly and arrived quickly, and all my questions were answered within a matter of hours by the owner of the company himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back