REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Jan 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,442 of 2,116
Saw that gd audiobase had these for sale on ebay.

Oh boy was I happy...that happiness lasted for about 5 days..until I noticed they were not shipped and the ebay account no longer existed. -_-

Trued emailing gd audiobase directly with no response, that was before contacting through ebay 5 days prior. 

Well my claim is in process hope I can recover my funds, meanwhile I just ordered from William over at idews.com

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #1,443 of 2,116
I went on gd and it seems they have both versions of the fa-011. You can choose between the black and red?

http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=102&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

It's a few buck cheaper just wondering how they still have the older verson. Kinda sad cause i wanted the red cups but i already ordered

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #1,444 of 2,116

Quote:
I went on gd and it seems they have both versions of the fa-011. You can choose between the black and red?

http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=102&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

It's a few buck cheaper just wondering how they still have the older verson. Kinda sad cause i wanted the red cups but i already ordered

Actually, it looks like they don't have the black ones anymore.  I wonder if they found some old stock lying around their warehouse or something.  The other FA-011 they have says "Natural Wood," which probably means that they look like the "Japan Edition" ones posted on the previous page.  No photo up for them yet though, so no way to tell for sure.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #1,445 of 2,116

Quote:
Saw that gd audiobase had these for sale on ebay.

Oh boy was I happy...that happiness lasted for about 5 days..until I noticed they were not shipped and the ebay account no longer existed. -_-

Trued emailing gd audiobase directly with no response, that was before contacting through ebay 5 days prior. 

Well my claim is in process hope I can recover my funds, meanwhile I just ordered from William over at idews.com

I got caught up in the exact issue.  I did a buy it now, money was taken out... then the listing was removed completely, and then a couple days later "this user is no longer registered with eBay"... I tried to contact him, no luck.  I have a case open with Buyer Protection, if he hasn't responded by the 19th then it will get escalated and I should be covered for it. 

By the listing I was thinking it was the older "red" version too, which is why I was ok spending a bit more money than the normal price on gd-audiobase. . . guess it really was too good to be true.  I lucked out though, there was another listing for a used pair (though not the older red version) that I ended up winning yesterday, 101.00 with shipping, and it's in the US :), so no month wait from Russia.  Worked out well in the end I guess.

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,446 of 2,116

Quote:
I got caught up in the exact issue.  I did a buy it now, money was taken out... then the listing was removed completely, and then a couple days later "this user is no longer registered with eBay"... I tried to contact him, no luck.  I have a case open with Buyer Protection, if he hasn't responded by the 19th then it will get escalated and I should be covered for it. 

By the listing I was thinking it was the older "red" version too, which is why I was ok spending a bit more money than the normal price on gd-audiobase. . . guess it really was too good to be true.  I lucked out though, there was another listing for a used pair (though not the older red version) that I ended up winning yesterday, 101.00 with shipping, and it's in the US :), so no month wait from Russia.  Worked out well in the end I guess.

Looks like we bought from the same eBay ad haha. I'm waiting on the 19th too, hopefully we will be covered. 

I'm jealous tho..I have to wait 15 days or so to get them from Malaysia :p

shipped today. Start the count down. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #1,447 of 2,116
I was refunded a week after contacting moneybookers cause they couldn't contact GD-Audio.. and here I was waiting 3 weeks so far for them :frowning2:. Anyone else know any other headphones like these (aka that I can use for gaming hours on end and amazing w/ various genres)?

Open/closed doesn't matter really; the main reason I'd prefer an open headphone is because I'd be able to hear my voice rather than having it sound awkward and muffled.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #1,448 of 2,116
Quote:

This piqued my interest in again (the red wood is so beautiful). Seems kind of sketchy though, the specifications on both items still list color as black.

Not sure if I'm willing to dive into another potential gd nightmare though...

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #1,449 of 2,116
Figured out another mod for the FA-011 and it is covering only 1 of the holes on the driver with mesh tape and then putting a bit of blue tack in the middle of the driver not touching or covering any holes. With this mod, for users using a E11 amp (i.e. me), there is no need for high gain and equaliser setting 2 (added depth to bass), this mod will naturally sound like these settings.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,450 of 2,116
My 011's arrived this morning! Got the USPS drop off before coming in to work. Haven't had a chance to listen to those beauties yet but I'm stoked they're here. I got the red cups with the coiled cable, which is good because I wasn't going to be happy if I got the black/straight re-design. Those light LE models look quite nice, but I'll stick with my red ones. :D

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,452 of 2,116
Okay.. I just received the pair from Russia when I already bought another one used.. and the one from Russia IS the red wood version while the one I bought used is black. I'll list the differences:

1. Black wood = coiled cord, red wood = short straight cord. Both come with extensions, none came with a case.
2. The red wood looks black, but I can see red near the earpads so I think it was just quality control issues.
3. Clamp on the red wood is a lot less, and in my opinion, MUCH more comfortable. Black woods clamp is too tight eventually making me feel my head pulse.

I'll post pictures later + sound differences. Have to go out for awhile. By the way, the ones from Russia DID come a bit dusty, but I don't notice a hint of smoke.

@above; I received no shipping information / not ONE response from dmitry/gd-audio after contacting him several times, but I ordered it on I believe Dec 30th and it just arrived today (23rd of January, 2012). So 3 weeks, seems about average.

edit: I mightve gotten them mixed up. is coiled = red wood? If so, then switch everything around. If that's the case then the original is actually BLACKER than the black version.

Pictures: (you can tell that the cups are more of a wood color on the right cup of the left headphone and can also tell the left ones have less clamp than the right headphones).

(further showing the unmatched colors of the left headphone). (the right one with the coiled cord)

I'm not sure if I hear any difference.. I don't expect there to be any, but my ears aren't really accustomed to noticing those extremely small differences.

ACTUALLY.. I'm constantly A/Bing and the coiled ones sound more natural and I do find them more comfortable than the straight, loose version. Either that or the left driver in the new one is screwed up. The straight version sounds a bit more.. recessed / congested to me. The coiled version sounds more full and seems to have a bit more bass.

ACTUALLY2.. I can't tell. Now it seems like the coiled version is more congested/full while the straight version has better sound stage / imagery. Can't pick.. the bass is significantly weaker (IMO) in the straight one rather than the coiled. I'm probably going to sell one. I'll see when my E9 comes cause the driver really does seem whack in the straight cable one (the one that just came. They had horrible packaging, aka just paper surrounding the cardboard box).

So people who are complaining about bass; do you have the straight or coiled version? Cause from what I can tell, the coiled version DOES have pretty impactful / deep bass. Really great for EDM.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #1,453 of 2,116
I placed my order for them on 12/14. I got my email confirmation that they had shipped on 12/24 with my tracking number arriving on 12/25. So 40 days for me from placing order to getting product. I did try sending Dmitri a few emails and never had a reply to any of them but I did eventually get the product I ordered. I only had it in my hands for a few minutes this morning before leaving for work so I don't have any words yet on the arrival condition. Yes no case, which you do apparently get with the black ones, but mine came with the extension and a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. That's better than some who ordered before customs changed their terms on parcel weight. If you're impatient with shipping, wait for frogbeats to get them in stock, or iDew. You can order from both of them and get a faster turnaround time. Or buy second hand. I remember there being 1 or 2 FA-011s in the for sale threads last time I was looking through. I'm eyeing those FA-003's and may jump on them if these 11's sound as amazing as LFF originally described.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,454 of 2,116

Quote:
I ran across these the other day and I don't recall seeing these posted on this thread:

FA-011 Japan Limited Edition - 15,800 yen = $205 US

http://musicaacoustics.shop-pro.jp/?pid=37260284

http://musicaacoustics.jp/products/fischeraudio

After lurking this thread for quite a while, I finally ordered them last week from an Australian authorized seller 'Noisy Motel'. $149 shipped - which is a bit more expensive than ordering from overseas, but it gives me a local warranty at least :D

Also of significant note, they are the natural wood coloured model (exactly the same as the Japan limited edition, minus the HP stand).

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=333

Just waiting on Noisy Motel to get their stock in (ETA is end of the month)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back