REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #541 of 2,116

Quote:
Congrats!  Do you just use the same tracking # that is used on the Russian site, or is there a separate tracking # that you have to get elsewhere? 

As a side note, I just ordered an E7/E9 combo.  I probably will only need the E7 or the E9, but I wanted to test both to be sure.  :)

All you have to do is use the same russian tracking number on the usps site.

May 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #543 of 2,116
Some of you guys are bent on that tracking number, but you can count on it. Many of us - like me - never received a tracking number (although emails stated one would be sent to us), but we all got the headphones just fine with the tracking number. I just think it's a game of patience unfortunately.

May 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #544 of 2,116
Same thing happened to me, never had  a tracking number!
Quote:
Some of you guys are bent on that tracking number, but you can count on it. Many of us - like me - never received a tracking number (although emails stated one would be sent to us), but we all got the headphones just fine with the tracking number. I just think it's a game of patience unfortunately.

May 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #545 of 2,116

Exactly.. that's why I posted my experiences w/ GD-A a little while back.. sure, it takes some time to get the stuff & communications could be a little better right after the purchase.. but I've NEVER had anything not delivered.. patience is indeed the key..

May 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #546 of 2,116
Indeed, honestly, I'm one of the most patient people that I know.  It doesn't bother me too much that it's taking a while to get here...it just bothers me that I don't know exactly when they'll get here.  I'm really hoping that they get here by the end of this week, though.

May 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #547 of 2,116
I only have a few hours of listening in, but I can already say that Fischer's selling themselves short with the FA-011. I'm surprised these retail for only $120.

Some quick thoughts: very pretty headphones. they're adequately comfortable - glad there's no Sennheiser death grip but the pads are very shallow and still make my ears sweat and itch a bit. I wish there were pleather/leather pads for these. kinda strange that there aren't any L/R markings but it wasn't hard to figure out that the side with the cord is left. what were they thinking using a 3.5mm plug? these need to be amped quite a bit.
the treble... the spikes really burn. I could not listen to much of my music (poorly mastered probably) without EQing down the treble. bright recordings were intolerable for me on my setup and certain instruments sounded unnatural. I hope it gets tamed down like some people are saying. after that though, the sound is pretty good. nice impact in the bass that doesn't mess with the mids. I wouldn't call these bass monsters, but there's still a very noticeable v-curve to the sound. Hard rock sounds fantastic, as do male vocals.  Right now, I'm guessing these have ~70-80% of the detail of my HD600, which I find mind-boggling for the price, but I need to listen more to say for sure. The shallow/itchiness of the pads for my ears and v-curve (need more mids, less treble) might have me selling these though. 

edit: radically changed my impressions

May 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #548 of 2,116
Yatta!~ Mine arrived a while ago after waiting for 2 months.. 

All I can say is the bass is really something, (trying to burn in moreso 3-4 hrs) Its very cheap so I don't expect much but upon early inspection but  the bass is quite surprising for me, delivering a very deep and tight. without much air just pure tight which has the clarity that reminds me of my old D5Ks.. Its okay for the price.

May 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #549 of 2,116
Anyone notice the frame is OEM'd? Just a bit of a side note I guess, I just thought it was interesting.

May 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #550 of 2,116
Yes...
I had both...
May be the design... One comes in wood

May 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #551 of 2,116
After about 48 hours of burn in, the highs did calm down for me, but the FA-011s are still distinctively V shaped.  I found these headphones especially good with gaming. I've been playing L4D2 with some old college classmates and I can't believe the sound stage and the direction of gunfire, squeals, groans, screams, etc. I've never been able to before, but now I can really hear the Boomer on my 3 o'clock =O. Certain guns are higher pitched and after a couple hundred rounds, they can become overwhelming.

Can anyone suggest a mod I can do to get more mids and less high?

Quote:
the treble... the spikes really burn. I could not listen to much of my music (poorly mastered probably) without EQing down the treble. bright recordings were intolerable for me on my setup and certain instruments sounded unnatural. I hope it gets tamed down like some people are saying. after that though, the sound is pretty good.

May 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #552 of 2,116
I got mine 2 hours before my scheduled departure (leaving for 75 days away from home) and I have to say that from my Burson Audio HA-160D they sounded great, much better than the Senn HD555 they are  replacing.

May 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #553 of 2,116

Better than your DT 880s? (in your sig).  880s are known to be pretty darn good for gaming, so if these are better positional-audio wise that's quite the accomplishment, especially because these have a nice lower end too.
Quote:
After about 48 hours of burn in, the highs did calm down for me, but the FA-011s are still distinctively V shaped.  I found these headphones especially good with gaming. I've been playing L4D2 with some old college classmates and I can't believe the sound stage and the direction of gunfire, squeals, groans, screams, etc. I've never been able to before, but now I can really hear the Boomer on my 3 o'clock =O. Certain guns are higher pitched and after a couple hundred rounds, they can become overwhelming.

Can anyone suggest a mod I can do to get more mids and less high?

May 13, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #554 of 2,116
I've found the soundstage to be very impressive as well.  Compared to my AD700's, which are also supposed to be very good for gaming, I find the Fa-011's to be a lot more precise and definite for instrument placement (or placement in games).  Even though the AD700's have a huge soundstage, they're just so airy that sounds are often somewhat faint.  With the Fa-011's I feel like I could almost point at instruments in songs.

May 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #555 of 2,116
50 days and still waiting...someone celebrate with me 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back