REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #151 of 2,116

Quote:
Interestingly, it isolates very well, better than any Senn or Grado but at moderate to high volume, it does leak some sound - not as bad as some Senn's though.

Quote:
With open cans you run into these two problems:

1) Your sound will leak due to the can's open design--people will hear you play Bieber, or whatever embarrassing music you listen to.
2) You will look like an alien.

If #2 doesn't discourage you from taking it outside the home, then #1 shouldn't stop you. I do it sometimes... just at moderate volumes.

this is what LF said

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #152 of 2,116
Some people on What are claiming that LFF is paid by Fischer Audio to give such glowing reviews of their products. I really do not want to believe such remarks, but I really do have to ask.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #153 of 2,116
LFF gives me the impression of an ethical person and seems to have a very good reputation. If what he says is untrue about these cans, there will be posts here soon to come to the contrary.

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #155 of 2,116
i am quite happy with LFF's review on the 003 ..... 
i owned the 003 before n he has been quite on the mark..allowing for personal taste in music.
He has own a whole range of headfones amps iems...just check his profile.
he has definite sonic reasons to be excited about FISCHER's products...
they KICK ASSESSSS up the scale without a doubt.

I seriously am not sure if Fischer makes enough margin to start paying for their research n salary n overheads...lol.
just look at the price of the 011...oh my... i hate tat color...but i felt a strongggg urge to pull the trigger.
deadhorse.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #157 of 2,116
@yann yeah i guess hd600 is more on the musicality side and fa-003 is neutrality i would choose 003s over all tho cuz its on that level even though its a closed can... im shipping it to my buyer tomorrow tho :frowning2: but im in a huge hunt for fa-004 so help me out bros! cant wait to try that 004, i think ill enjoy it more than 003s too. and i have the 70ohms adapter for it waiting  

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #158 of 2,116
im in a huge hunt for fa-004 so help me out bros! cant wait to try that 004, i think ill enjoy it more than 003s too. and i have the 70ohms adapter for it waiting  

You know, diodiel.. I was very very very close to selling my 004s to you.. we're moving and I figured I'd unload these & get the 011's once I'm settled in after the move.. I had been using the 004s with a 75 ohm adapter for two weeks or so to tame the mid bass hump and bring out the mids/treble more (despite them being used for over 100 hours prior to getting the adapter).. after those two weeks, I listened to them w/o the adapter and boom!  I was in love all over again!  The mid bass recessed to fall back in line with the rest of the bass, which tightened considerably as a whole and the mids & highs became more refined & crisp.. I was amazed at how much better they sounded and now don't even use the adapter anymore.  Suffice to say, I don't plan on EVER selling these now.. LOL.. they're just too perfect as a portable phone and scale really well with better amps & source gear.. they're more forgiving of audio files with lower bitrates/poor mastering.. and sound great out of DAPs.

Didn't mean to get your hopes up here only to crush them in your hunt for a 004 but once you find I pair, I think you'll be very happy with them.. did you check BugdenAudio.com?  It looks like they're available there.. that's where I got my pair how many months ago..the transaction was very smooth and they arrived in a timely manner..

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #159 of 2,116

haha i was happy for a bit :p im still happy that you assured me more that these will be a perfect portable can... im really close to getting, image ones, aviator or crossfades too..

Edit: oh yea i forgot to ask, how do you compare it to your denon 1001? cuz i read that it sounds similar to the CAL! ?
Quote:
You know, diodiel.. I was very very very close to selling my 004s to you.. we're moving and I figured I'd unload these & get the 011's once I'm settled in after the move.. I had been using the 004s with a 75 ohm adapter for two weeks or so to tame the mid bass hump and bring out the mids/treble more (despite them being used for over 100 hours prior to getting the adapter).. after those two weeks, I listened to them w/o the adapter and boom!  I was in love all over again!  The mid bass recessed to fall back in line with the rest of the bass, which tightened considerably as a whole and the mids & highs became more refined & crisp.. I was amazed at how much better they sounded and now don't even use the adapter anymore.  Suffice to say, I don't plan on EVER selling these now.. LOL.. they're just too perfect as a portable phone and scale really well with better amps & source gear.. they're more forgiving of audio files with lower bitrates/poor mastering.. and sound great out of DAPs.

Didn't mean to get your hopes up here only to crush them in your hunt for a 004 but once you find I pair, I think you'll be very happy with them.. did you check BugdenAudio.com?  It looks like they're available there.. that's where I got my pair how many months ago..the transaction was very smooth and they arrived in a timely manner..

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #160 of 2,116
Wait... WHERE WERE THESE A FEW WEEKS AGO? I have been looking for a bassy, open backed, NON-leather pads headphone ever since making the decision to give up my DT990/600 (sold it to recover funds due to the hit from the D7000).

I was dead set on the HE-4, but I still have my doubts as to how much quantity of bass they have in comparison the the DT990, which is where I want my bass at or more). It doesn't help that the HE-4 is stupid hard to drive and completely overshadowed by the HE-5LE and HE-6, so impressions will be few and far between.

The FA011 sounds like a winner to me, though I think I'll hold off until after I get the HE-4 and the Lyr.

Another open backed can that needs test subjects is the Ultrasone Pro 2900. SERIOUSLY.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #161 of 2,116

Quote:
Some people on What are claiming that LFF is paid by Fischer Audio to give such glowing reviews of their products. I really do not want to believe such remarks, but I really do have to ask.

Yeah...I have heard that as well.

I try to be as truthful as possible in my reviews. I am currently listening to two other products which will be getting recommendations from me and they are NOT Fischer Audio products. It's also not like I can give a new review about the JH-13's, Grado HP-2, R-10 or an HE-90. Those are headphones I would highly recommend as well.

Also, it's not in my interest to hype a product up or lie about it. If I did so, more than a few of you would buy it, realize I lied about it and post about it and I would lose more than just my credibility around here. I like to think that I know what good sound is and I try to share that with you guys...be it with headphones or be it a certain version of a Frank Sinatra album. I know not all of you share the same sound signature preference I do and my reviews try to take that into account and I try to present what I hear as best as I can describe it. The music I use in my reviews is also readily available, mastered very well and cheap.

I have had another company approach me about giving them "glowing" reviews and I refused. After refusing, they offered me a "sweeter" deal and I still refused just based on my personal ethics. My love in this hobby is for the music and the people on these boards and that's the only reason I stick around and come back night after night. There have been many a headphone I wish I could have avoided if someone had written a review about it. Likewise, I missed out on certain headphones because not that many people wrote about them in clear detail.

I guess that in the end, if I manage to open someones eyes to what I think is a great sounding can/iem and they are content with a purchase they would not have made without reading my review....then I am happy.

Quote:
I own the FA-002w and do not find them a 'giant killer'

They do sound good, but are not close to the HD600

And that's fine but I still clearly feel, and I know others do as well, that it surpasses the HD600 in every single aspect. Also keep in mind that these are always my opinions and that I always offer up my time to any local head-fi member who wants to listen to anything I have. I am meeting with 5 members this week just so they can listen to something before buying it.

A lot of you noobies don't realize what people used to pay for a woodied HD600, which IMHO, comes close to the sound of the FA-002W or what a headphone like the FA-003 would have been priced at had it been branded by another company. IMHO, for the price, the sound quality and the looks, you just can't beat the FA-002w. In the end, it really comes down to the sound signature you prefer. Many people are sticklers when it comes to only appreciating and loving one particular signature and anything that doesn't conform to that signature is automatically bad/sucks/blows or is worse than x headphone. I try to consider the sound signature, the resolution, the details, the tone and texture of instruments and the physical aspects of a headphone. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #162 of 2,116
My gripe with Fischer is the price of the wood cups... Can't those beautiful beautiful coconut shells be priced like 30 usd..?

Yes back to LFF, u are THE MAN....thumbs up to your sincere honest reviews n assistance to those living near u.
What's your locale, I am calling the movers!
:p

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #163 of 2,116
When you look at wood cups in general they are not cheap and I'd say the Fischer Audio cups are cheaper than the other cups I know of for other headphones. It's not easy to make wood cups :p

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #164 of 2,116
OMG..shame on the guys who approached you to give glowing reviews LFF. Thank you for holding firm and turning them down. It means a lot to us who have to tightly budget our expenses.

I am one of the guys who bought HM-601 based on your review. I know there are many people who hate it because of its frequency response. But, you have clearly mentioned its strength and weakness in your review.
After 3 months, HM-601 is THE player for me. My iPhone 3GS (with eQu) and Zune are biting dust.

I am buying FA-011 with HA-02 mostly for Movies and some music. I am sure i won't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back