REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #2,072 of 2,116
Man, dead thread. Better do some resurrecting!

So acquired a Hifiman EF5, after a couple months with it, I had the brilliant idea to plug my FA-011s in. I was quite surprised. I now know what all the fuss was about when people suggested pairing these with tubes. Granted, the EF5 is a hybrid with minimal tube interaction, but the tubes smooth out that little somethin' that makes this combo super fun.

There's not a whole lot of talk about these cans any more, anyone still diggin' em?

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #2,077 of 2,116
Anyone willing to buy one of these?

Im getting a new pair of HP and want to sell my FA011 its the last version.

Instead of posting about it here, you probably should post them in the "For Sale" section.

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,078 of 2,116
I have a problem. The headband of my fa011 is defect. The plastic caps are coming apart. I used some tape to keep the clips together but it doesn't look nice.  Does anyone know how to repair the headband?

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #2,079 of 2,116
I have a problem. The headband of my fa011 is defect. The plastic caps are coming apart. I used some tape to keep the clips together but it doesn't look nice.  Does anyone know how to repair the headband?

Could you post a picture?

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #2,081 of 2,116
Really digging these after 1+ year of use, bought Hifiman HE-400 and while they have most of my attention these days I can't make myself to sell 011s since it was so hard to find and ship them to Europe. I'd rather keep these in good condition because they look nice and occasionally I keep going back to them.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #2,082 of 2,116
Picked a pr up in minty cond for cheap today, gotta say they are a nice fun sounding unit.

looking forward to trying a few mods.

Pads gotta go......and i may build my own new passive xover and a few external mesh and can mods.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,083 of 2,116
Just picked up a FA-011 from another Head Fi'er and I'm trying to determine which version it is.

It has very dark cups, brass plates, coiled cable and very irregular cut holes for the driver.

Listened to it a little from my Crack and sounds very fun! Should be great for Electronic music.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #2,084 of 2,116
Just got my FA-011s today from JDSLabs... I need to get a repair for my c421s and my son took over my Denon AH 2000s...

I've never had headphones that weren't completely closed cans... these are open.  I hear people talk about soundstage a lot.  I assume this is the feeling you get when listening where the sound feels "spread"out - wider sound... I like it.  Is this the diff between open and closed cans?  You feel like the music is coming from all around you?

Anyways - apparently the side part of that is that there is a lot of leakage since the headphones aren't closed.  Not a big deal for me but surprised me.

My Denon's weren't balanced - more bass... These are the same.  I'm listening to them hooked into my mac.  Takes a lot of power to push them - can't wait to hook my c421's up to them...  Was driving them earlier with my Cmoybb's.  Was cleaner coming out of my mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back