Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
May 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,371 of 3,047
waiting to hear results. By the way you can order the pleather pads for the FA-003 from http://www.mp4nation.net/catalog/
and they are listen as the HM5 pads for 8$ each free shipping pretty good deal for pads I got some for some other headphones =)

If these turn out to be just the same as the HM5 then I am all over them I will wait to hear more results about sound. 

Have you got confirmation that those pads are the pleather & not velour?

May 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #2,376 of 3,047
Quote:
I'll give my impressions when I receive them but Jaycars sale price is for a limited time. I don't know their regular price but I didn't want to risk a big increase.

cubdog

The site lists RRP (Regular Retail Price?) at $62. I'd be more worried about them running out, as they have a "limited" symbol showing

May 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #2,377 of 3,047
Subscribed.  Waiting to see how the clones pan out.  Think they will be the next pair I purchase.

How do the FA-003 clones pan out? Well, it's a little early in my listening, but I feel very safe in saying that these are the greatest value in headphones that has ever been.

and no, I'm not exaggerating, not even a tiny bit.

May 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #2,378 of 3,047
Subscribed.  Waiting to see how the clones pan out.  Think they will be the next pair I purchase.

How do the FA-003 clones pan out? Well, it's a little early in my listening, but I feel very safe in saying that these are the greatest value in headphones that has ever been.

and no, I'm not exaggerating, not even a tiny bit.

That's what I've been saying all along; it's like highway robbery. I think the folks who paid over $70 for the Brainwavz HM5 must be livid. At least the FA-003 came with. velour pads, at of course over $100 cost :) I am still astonished at this deal.

May 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2,379 of 3,047
waiting to hear results. By the way you can order the pleather pads for the FA-003 from http://www.mp4nation.net/catalog/ 
and they are listen as the HM5 pads for 8$ each free shipping pretty good deal for pads I got some for some other headphones =)

If these turn out to be just the same as the HM5 then I am all over them I will wait to hear more results about sound. 

I don't see them offering the pads and searching the site for them produce no result

May 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #2,381 of 3,047
Thank you, so it was at $8.50 per pad

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc-p-668.html

May 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #2,384 of 3,047
I just got mine from Jaycar today, 10 days after ordering; a bit quicker than I expected.  Already put in an order from mp4nation for a shorter cable, 2-3m is just too long for portable use.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the FA-003 or HM5 before, so I can't really be certain they're identical, but I can't really imagine why they wouldn't be.  I've only had them for a few hours but so far I've been enjoying my classical music with them.  I've only had tons of time with the 4 or 5 pairs of headphones I own and I don't really feel comfortable describing the sound compared to the others, but they sure do sound nice; definitely a different kind of sound from the others that I have.

May 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #2,385 of 3,047
Question to those who bought the Jaycar version.

Does Jaycar send you a email notifying you when they ship/post items? I ordered mine 2 days ago and haven't received any emails regarding it. (Apart from the order confirmation) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back