Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #2,266 of 3,047
Another +1 from Frogbeats. These guys rock. I really hope they keep growing.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,267 of 3,047
A while back I got confirmation from Fischer over Twitter that Yoga designed the headphones, not them. Still love 'em though!

Quote: FischerAudioEng
Yoga made those drivers (hey! You've made me blush for a drunk confession!). But then Fischer Audio made APE-02S.

https://twitter.com/#!/FischerAudioEng/status/149959952411271169

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2,268 of 3,047
Finally came back to this thread after a long hiatus. The woods on those FA-002w are really tempting, but I'm not sure exactly how they are classed - so there is the regular FA-002w and then the Master Series? I was looking at the Zebrawood or the "Zerawood" pairs, but when I emailed Dmitry about this, he told me that they are available for pre-order so I assume that they aren't going to be ready for a long time. That said, only the Beech models are available at the moment, right?

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #2,269 of 3,047
It did not took long for me to received my FA033 woodies with the Merbau choice. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 In the Russia post system on Dec.6. Left Russia on Dec.12 arrive in USA on Dec.15 came to my post office on Dec.19. I also received The FA-003 regular covers. It seems that only Fisher Audio has the wood cups option.

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2,272 of 3,047
I paid two hundred dollars for these. This upsets me very much.

I just dropped them a private message on Twitter with those links, I'll keep you guys posted.

don't get your knickers in a knot. it's not even proven they're the same drivers. plus the other links are either wholesale or not in stock. it's just to illustrate that the Yoga CD-880 is out there.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #2,273 of 3,047
Alright, I think its time for some clarification.

As many possibly remember, our FA-003 model was here for quite a some time. At beginning, it was made by Yoga using our specifications.
But Yoga is a huge Chinese factory, working with many famous brands, and our order was a fairly small deal for them. We do not hold exclusive right for this model, as doing so would mean we need to order a very huge stock of this headphones, that we never be able to sell out (not to mention, nobody thought this model will become so popular). So when the model was ready they just put it on their catalog and offered to another customers.

Is the other "FA-003" models out there completely the same? We do not know. It all depends on the customer. They might ask Yoga to change something there, or just save the $$ and order stock model without any changes. Or just use this housing alone for something different.

For the pricing, as we resides in Russia, there are many downfalls here compared to many other brands which located in China, it is just much easier for them due the customs, taxes, delivery times and so on. However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.

Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.

...and that's how FA-003's was made.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #2,274 of 3,047
Great explanation. I for one love the FA-003. It replaced an Edition8 that I could not justify keeping given how little time I now use closed phones and I estimate that it gives me 80-90% of the Ed8 at 10-15% of the price plus I actually like not having the upper bass hump from the Ed8

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,275 of 3,047

Quote:
However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.

Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.

No need to offer better deals if the FA-003 has additional high-edition tuning compared to the other Yoga CD-880's on the market, right? If the FA-003 are different from the Brainwavz HM5 and other CD-880 rebrands you don't have to worry about any competition since they aren't the same headphone anymore. But only if they indeed sound better because of the FA-tuning.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,277 of 3,047

Quote:
So FA-003s may or may not be the same as the BrainWavz..?

The tuning can be different and Fisher Audio will be offering tuning options for the standard models as they stated on facebook. The high edition model with higher impedance  and the wood cups models is going to change the sound. I am not sure how close is the BrainWavz is to the standard Fisher Audio model. Already I know that Fisher Audio does offer leather damping mechanical filter for their headphones.  Sennheiser will sometimes use the same drivers but change the tuning in some of the models like the foam strips for example.

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #2,278 of 3,047

Quote:

Hi,
Could you tell a bit more info about this?
Is it an adapter what you can simply use with the earlier 003s and 002s, or the phones should be sent back to Russia to get it "upgrated"?
Is it already available? I can't really find anything about it yet....

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,279 of 3,047
Has any FA-003 owner tried these on air plane flights? Or a noisy train? Do they isolate well enough to enjoy music? Do you still hear the engine?

I have some IEMs and think they isolate well enough. However, IEMs are not comfortable to me over long flights and I prefer the sound of full size headphones.

I guess these isolate as well as Shure 840s, correct?

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back