Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Dec 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #2,236 of 3,047
For what its worth I have bought twice from gd audiobase with no issues whatsoever and would buy again.

Their email notification system could be improved. Tracking number is not much help as the cans arrive before the tracking updates. Delays from what I have read on this forum normally relate to customs or no stock.

Both my FA-011 and 003 took 10 days to arrive. I do think gd audiobase needs to improve their comms to be more accurate. Then people wouldn't be so frustrated.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #2,237 of 3,047
Just placed my order with GD audiobase for the FA-003. I was considering getting the Ed. 8's or Signature PRO's by Ultrasone, but I just cant justify spending that much money when these Fischers are so highly reviewed. I'd love to hear a direct comparison of the 003's and the Ed 8's, but I imagine to my untrained ears these headphones should sound wonderful.

Dec 31, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #2,238 of 3,047
yeah, looks like they are back in stock at GD.  

This is probably the wrong place to ask about this but does anyone have thoughts on the FA-003 vs the denon AHD2000?  The denons are on sale for >$200 right now.  With shipping to the states it makes the FA-003 the same price.  Has anyone here heard both?
thanks

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #2,239 of 3,047
If you're up to modding them, I think the Denons would be a great buy. Don't expect a drop of isolation, though, without significant improvements.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #2,240 of 3,047
I agree that the Fisher headphones do have bettter outside sound isolation than the Denons. I conserided Denons to be a semi-closed headphones and modding can help a good deal with them.  I own both and the Fisher has a bit better mids not as recessed as compared to the Denon. The FA-003 has cleaner bass but not quite as deep as the Denon's

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2,241 of 3,047
I wonder if the wood shells would help with the Fischer bass.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #2,242 of 3,047
Just placed my order with GD audiobase for the FA-003. I was considering getting the Ed. 8's or Signature PRO's by Ultrasone, but I just cant justify spending that much money when these Fischers are so highly reviewed. I'd love to hear a direct comparison of the 003's and the Ed 8's, but I imagine to my untrained ears these headphones should sound wonderful.

I've just sold my Ed8 that I have had for 2 years and loved and bought a second hand FA-003. The reason is that I'm now using closed headphones so little that I could not justify keeping the Ed8 and I know that the FA-003 will be good enough for when I do need a closed phone

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #2,243 of 3,047

Quote:
Any idea how often they come in/out of stock?

Simply send frog beats a message using the system on their site, and he'll add you to a mailing list.

With me, I sent them a message asking when they would be back in stock, and then a couple of days later received an email saying they were coming back into stock and were available to pre-order, and were shipped very soon after the date i'd been told they were coming back in.

I cannot recommend Frog Beats enough. I would use them again, I just wish their product range was more extensive.

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #2,244 of 3,047

Quote:
I wonder if the wood shells would help with the Fischer bass.

It can help some. The wood cups will make the headphones heavier like planer magnetic headphones and sticks out more. Here is the web site that explains a little on the wood choices.
http://fischeraudio.com/wood/wood.php
If you are using a PC or laptop for audio playback you can use J.river software DSP Studio effects to tailor the sound more to your likes. You have then your choice of halls and surround effects.

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #2,245 of 3,047
Just received an iQube, from the classifieds on this site, and it has really transformed my Fischers. Straight out of an iPod they certainly sounded good. The two together, for me, is working beautifully. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #2,246 of 3,047
For those looking to purchase the Fischer Audio FA-003's, I would highly suggest avoiding GD-Audiobase. They are unresponsive, unreliable, and at the moment their website is completely down. Better to wait on a pre-order from a place like Frogbeats than risk it with GD.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #2,247 of 3,047
Does anyone else find the cable far, far too long? It's 3m I think. I'm going to look into a re-cable, I guess DIY and due to the connections to the headphones I guess I will use connectors from the current cable and I'll attach a new wire to them (or more accurately I'll persuade my friend studying electrical engineering to do it). I'm not too sure how I'll detach the plugs off the end of the cables yet and keep them in-tact, any tips?

I've searched the thread but found nothing so far where anyone else has. I think I will also send Fischer an email. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #2,248 of 3,047
Got my pair from Frogbeats! Thanks to some folks on here for the suggestion, so far they are brilliant!

I am looking into getting an amp for these at some point, the Fiio E7 seems pretty good according to reviews. I am not necessarily looking for anything that's portable as I would only really be using it at home with my Laptop.

Would the Fiio E7 make a significant improvement over the Realtek High Definition Audio on my Acer laptop?

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2,249 of 3,047
got it burned for 60 hour now, quite noticeable change in my opinion from out of the box impression.
so far it sounds great but sometimes it can be a bit harsh on the treble region, is it normal or it will improve move overtime, let say another to 80 or 100 hour burn in?

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2,250 of 3,047
Some songs will sound harsh with any headphones that don't attenuate treble too much. It could just be a mastering problem.

Edit:typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back