Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #2,192 of 3,047

Defective traits are not to be acceptable in any product as far as I'm concerned. Anyhow, call me picky but I am looking to achieve as much fidelity as possible within my budget. It is not that I am cold about this matter (there are bigger issues in the world that I am very aware of) but I am just enthusiastic about reclaiming my musicianship and I want to do so in an effective and proper manner. It has been too long that I have not been immersed in music.

obey the force.......buy.........................and enjoy.................and sell.................and buy.......................and critic.............and enjoy...............and sell..........obey.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #2,194 of 3,047
I think i got the last frogbeats pair, there out of stock now.

With the coupon code it came to 135 u.s.d

The lindys and others were priced around 100, but the extra 30 was worth it for me right now. I like the look of the new version, and just wanted piece of mind incase the others were not exactly the same.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,195 of 3,047
Lucky you. I would have bought them at 20% off from frogbeats instead of FA-006.

The Lindy's are priced at $120 and the HM5s are at $140 normally.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,196 of 3,047
Just a few notes regarding the FA003's.  I do believe mine are ever so slightly right balanced.  To me, not a huge deal, I still love these cans to death.  At the same time, I know I didn't buy the Ferrari, the FA003 are the VW GTI.  So, you can't expect perfection, IMO.  I just move the sound to -1 left. 

Also, I have played around recently between the wood cups, and regular cups, and pleather/velour.  The velour distances the sound from your ear more, leaving less presence.  It's not "worse" but I don't prefer it.  The pleather, to me, have more sonic impact.  I've decided that the woodies are also not really "better" but different.  The regular cups present more detail, the woodies give a tiny bit more space to the music.  Highs seem to present themselves sharper in the regular cups, and softer in the woodies.  Bass is also slightly less present in the woodies, but it's hard to tell.  

Right now, I am leaning towards the pleather/regular cup formation.  I'll keep the woodies for future play.  I'm also looking into doing the dynamat mod, as it seems pretty straightforward.  For just over $200, I still believe this can cannot be beat, for what I needed.  

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #2,199 of 3,047
So my Fa-003 (cosmetically updated version) arrived from frogbeats today.

Im no headphone expert, i used to own a skull candy pair because I did not do much headphone listening. 

I do however have a decent surround sound setup i spent around a grand on along with a denon 3311 receiver (put me back 2 grand altogether) so while i may not have much headphone experience i do have a decent idea of what decent sound is.

Also my entire library of music is flac. Quality starts at the source.

Anyway as far as my impressions i only listened for an hour and im really loving these. 

I didnt expect them to be so big and there a bit tight on my head. 

What impresses me the most is how intimate these headphones are. When I listen to them it is almost like the band is right there singing in person, or Im in a studio listening to them.

Not sure if that is a feature of closed headphones in general or not.

Not much of a description or review but thats the only way i could describe the sound.

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #2,200 of 3,047
Your impressions make me feel like I'm going to love my FA-002w for piano music, my favorite music to listen to... assuming they get here.. 8 weeks and not a peep makes Jack want to kill someone

Glad you're enjoying yours!

Quote:
So my Fa-003 (cosmetically updated version) arrived from frogbeats today.

Im no headphone expert, i used to own a skull candy pair because I did not do much headphone listening. 

I do however have a decent surround sound setup i spent around a grand on along with a denon 3311 receiver (put me back 2 grand altogether) so while i may not have much headphone experience i do have a decent idea of what decent sound is.

Also my entire library of music is flac. Quality starts at the source.

Anyway as far as my impressions i only listened for an hour and im really loving these. 

I didnt expect them to be so big and there a bit tight on my head. 

What impresses me the most is how intimate these headphones are. When I listen to them it is almost like the band is right there singing in person, or Im in a studio listening to them.

Not sure if that is a feature of closed headphones in general or not.

Not much of a description or review but thats the only way i could describe the sound.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #2,202 of 3,047
LoL, well as I said i never used to really listen on headphones. 

I just bought a cheap pair of skull candys because most of my listening was done on my home theater system. I would maybe use my headphones once a month before. And not really for listening to music but just youtube videos.

So this is basically my first pair of headphones for music listening. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2,203 of 3,047
Sorry, too many pages to find it, can someone post pics of the old vs new cosmetics?

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #2,204 of 3,047

Quote:
Sorry, too many pages to find it, can someone post pics of the old vs new cosmetics?

The only change that I am aware of is the metal covering the cups no longer has the circle cut out near the top right edge. It is now a whole solid oval piece. My FA-003w just came in with Merbau wood. The wood is a bit darker than the photo indicated but found out that this wood tend to get darker when exposed to higher humidity. It came with six extra screws in a small plastic bag, extra set of ear cushions, warranty card, cables, instruction card and a set of the newer metal FA-003 covers for the cups. Came in a big blue and white box with Russia lettering. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 came in today on Dec.19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back