Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #2,161 of 3,047

Quote:
Well, my FA-003s have been taken down by the tag team of the Koss Pro DJ100 and the Sennheiser HD 598.  They're in the FS forum.

How would you compare the FA-003 to the 598 and the DJ100?  I already own the DJ100, and I've been considering upgrading my HD555 to a 598, but I've been also looking at getting a pair of closed headphones for home (the DJ100s are my work headphones) and the FA-003 was at the top of the list.  But if there are too many similarities between the HD598 and the FA-003, I may have to look for something else.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #2,164 of 3,047
Actually, I should have been more clear. Sorry. I am most concerned about maintaining the flat frequency response of the Clip+. I am of the understanding that by using an amp (that is neutral) I would maintain that flat FR. However, when plugging a load (such as the 003) into the Clip+ directly I understand that the frequency response can then be altered. 

I'm actually looking for a good amp that is as neutral as can be (whether portable or at home) and want to use the Clip+ as my source for the time being. Portability is no longer my concern.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #2,165 of 3,047
Given the FA-003 is 64ohm and Clip+ is about 1ohm, the FR will be flat. (Read NwAVGuy's technical info on Clip+ and output impendance).

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #2,166 of 3,047
I need to learn about impedance and whatnot. You really don't think I'd have any problems? Like distortion or any other issues? 

I made a thread about having a neutral amp (one thread for portables and one thread for desktops) but I didn't get much of a response. The FA-003 appeals to me because it is so neutral and I think that it would go nicely with my Clip+ (which has a ruler flat frequency response) for me to get the fidelity I want. 

I do not want to lose the neutrality and fidelity by getting an amp. An amp should either maintain the fidelity or increase it. Any amps that you guys think would do this? I'd really appreciate some discussion on this matter. :)

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #2,167 of 3,047
Hey guys, I am reading about the problems with the frequency response and whatnot between the drivers. How is this solved ? Is it even able to be solved? Also, I read another comment about how the stereo separation isn't very good... that seems ridiculous. How is it that a pair of headphones can possibly not have proper stereo separation? I'm not trying to challenge the original poster of these comments. 

I am just saying that I think it is absurd and annoying if a company markets a product that doesn't function properly. Very irritating.

Thoughts?

PS: Does changing from the leather to velour pads make the difference in the flaws? Or does that only partially fix it?

I am currently trying to read the entire thread but won't quite be done for a while.

Edit: I am now reading that the sound is different from the leather pads to the velour pads? So, which will give me the neutral response that these cans are supposed to deliver? And the wooden cups don't actually fit? I am looking to get neutral cans that will give me 100% fidelity in my listening experience. It sounds like these cans are a poorly developed product. Sounds a bit like a farce to be honest.

Please, if I am wrong tell me so. I just want neutrality and truth in my sound. I just want to achieve what I have been working towards for a year and a half now! Sorry about the spam posts!!!

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #2,168 of 3,047
 Does anyone know of any cables that will fit these that are shorter?

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #2,169 of 3,047
Brainwavz HM5 have a 1.3m cable and a 3m cable. But I doubt any owner will give you his.
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #2,170 of 3,047
Damn lucky Brainwavz owners!

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #2,171 of 3,047
Not so lucky, we won't get them until the end of the month or next month because the preorder will only be shipped by Dec 19.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #2,172 of 3,047
Hang on, the cable is just a 3.5mm male stereo to two 3.5mm male stereos so isn't t that technically easy to make/get hold of?

EDIT: Would this do the trick? http://www.majadu.co.uk/35mm-stereo-mini-jack-to-2-x-mono-plugs-lead-cable---1m-510-p.asp

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #2,175 of 3,047

Quote:
Hang on, the cable is just a 3.5mm male stereo to two 3.5mm male stereos so isn't t that technically easy to make/get hold of?

EDIT: Would this do the trick? http://www.majadu.co.uk/35mm-stereo-mini-jack-to-2-x-mono-plugs-lead-cable---1m-510-p.asp

In theory, it will work. Not as nice as the original. Does it make the click sound when you plug them in? If so, the generic ones won't fit as well.

Quote:
http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-003

Does anybody know what difference there is (if any) between the "NEW" FA-003s to the old ones?

Purely comestic as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back