Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Nov 24, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #2,148 of 3,047
Nov 25, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #2,151 of 3,047

Quote:
I bought mine from frogbeats w/o wooden cup. Woud it be worth it spending $60 for these? I want to buy extra pleather pad if they sell them.

IME, it's not. Wooden might be better than stock plastic, but not modded plastic.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #2,152 of 3,047
Can someone please help me? I ordered a pair of FA003, when it came to checking out, the website keeps saying "Error: Please select a different shipping method", but there's only one option for me to choose, and that's Russian Post.
I keep clicking "Next", but the error message keeps popping up 
triportsad.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #2,153 of 3,047
Quote:
Well I have my mind set on the fischers but I could save 50 dollars usd with the lindys however i am not sure i want to take the chance incase they are not the same.

Not sure what to do.

You wouldn't be dissapointed with the lindys I think there the same or very simlar but the lindys might have more low-end.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #2,154 of 3,047
If FA-003 and FA-002 share the same drivers, why don't the 002s have the 6dB dip at 300Hz as the 003s? Can it be explained?

fr.png
fr.png

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2,155 of 3,047
Uhh, I think you mean to say that why do the 003's have a dip at 300Hz whereas the 002's don't, having the same drivers and everything, right? Can't give an explanation further than pointing out that a different housing can make all the difference. 

I'm more concerned about that 10dB difference at ~1,5kHz...

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #2,156 of 3,047
It may be due to cancellation effects with the mics in a closed cup. I see that allot with the Beyerdyamic headphones at the higher frequencies. Depending on what graph you are using like Inner Fidelity there is about a 5db drop from the bass to the mids. The divisions are in 5db steps.
I find that the FA-003 has a rather smooth frequency response relatively speaking as compared to other headphones with very mild spikes in the high treble.   

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #2,157 of 3,047
In this instance it's safe to assume that the measurements have been done using the same apparatus, thus the same variables would factor both headphones in the graphs, no? If you were comparing these to innerfidelity graphs, yes maybe. :)

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #2,158 of 3,047

Quote:
Uhh, I think you mean to say that why do the 003's have a dip at 300Hz whereas the 002's don't, having the same drivers and everything, right? Can't give an explanation further than pointing out that a different housing can make all the difference. 

I'm more concerned about that 10dB difference at ~1,5kHz...

Yeah, I meant to say "don't". Corrected now.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #2,159 of 3,047

Quote:
No they don't, according to Yoga. And they must know, they are producing them for Fischer. Along with many other of the head- and earphones in the Fischer lineup. And Fischer is not the only OEM costumer (and not the only one claiming to have have changed something).
The Berlin based company Teufel for example has Yoga headphones (and is considering taking the the phones we are talking right now into the lineup). They call the "over the ear" model AC 9050 and when it was first announced they claimed that Teufel engineers had it changed after their instructions. But when I asked Yoga they told me all they changed was the color. And when I was finally able to hear it, it was clear to me that it sounded just like my CD98 did which I got directly from Yoga.

And even they didn't tell me anything there would still be "common sense":
It's almost impossible to make a headphone sound good if you don't develop it as a whole from the beginning. Just taking the cups of some manufacturer (and I know for a fact that Yoga wouldn't sell the cups alone) and trying to put in your own drivers is more work then actually doing it all by yourself. And even if Fischer removes the innards it brings up lot's of other questions:
Where do the new drivers come from? They can't come out of nowhere. I really doubt they have the knowledge to develop and manufacture them themselves because then they would be able to build the whole thing themselves. And where would they exchange the drivers anyways? They would need room and personnel to do that.
Finally take a look at the technical data. This alone is more then a clue. How high are the chances that Fischer's drivers (if there are any) have the same specs as the ones from Yoga?
And even if they were considering buying the drivers from somewhere else they could as well have stayed with the Yoga ones in the first place because it would spare them the place and the personnel to change the drivers.

And that's what they did. According to Yoga.
Anything else would also have been very uneconomical.

This got a little longer then I expected it to be in the first place. But I felt like I had to explain myself.
Fischer is "just" another OEM reseller. Not that this is bad or something. Equation showed how it's done and Fischer seems to do a good job, too.
I have no problem with that.

m00h

Interesting post!

So far the list of headphones that seem similar to the FA-003 are the Lindi headphones, the Yoga CD-990, the Teufel AC 9050, and now the Brainwavz HM5 which will be out by the end of December.

I haven't checked your profile to see if you are still around considering I'm quoting your post from 2010, but if you are still here, did you ever get a chance to listen to the Fischer and compare to your Yoga?

I tried looking up the Yoga brand on here which seems to be the original makers, and saw a post stating the Yoga CD-990 is the equivalent of the Fischer FA-003. However, there is not much information from what I could find on Yoga, let alone a reseller of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back