Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Nov 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #2,116 of 3,047
Looking forward to your comparison.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #2,117 of 3,047
Im looking forward to getting them. Kinda happy I didnt just get D2000s/HD600s, dont think Ill be disappointed with going down the road less travelled haha. See that a lot of people still have theirs so that can only be a good thing.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #2,120 of 3,047
So I was using my Panasonic HTF600s quite a bit more than my FA-003s, because they had this fun, satisfying sound sig (especially with some EQ).  But then I got a Schiit Asgard today, and the HTF600s' reign quickly ended.  I thought the Fischers were good, but I never knew they were THIS good.  Just astonishing.  I'm probably going to sell the Panasonics.  Thanks to Schiit for making my FA-003s far more enjoyable:).

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #2,121 of 3,047
Oooh, nice to hear. I thought they were on par with many thins compared to my KNS8400. Slight favors over the KRK's made me sell the Fischers in the end though... I'd say faster treble transients and a bit more musically articulate bass and mid-range made me choose the KRK. Also portability and comfort. The reign of the K272 has ended though. It's an old design and since already two new ones have showed almost significant increases in music reproduction, I'm confident some other models could as well. Have my eye on the SRH940 and K550 to try out in the future. 

Regardless, for the money, both the FA-003 and KNS8400 are fantastic headphones. Most might like the FA-003's impact a little better, however, but it clouded some things for me... How would you say the Asgard improves/alters the 003's behavior, Marximus?

The friend to whom I sold the Fischers, likes them much better than the HD650. More articulate across the board. Doesn't surprise me, however. (Go on, shoot me with your minimum amp requirements!) :)

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #2,123 of 3,047

Quote:
So I was using my Panasonic HTF600s quite a bit more than my FA-003s, because they had this fun, satisfying sound sig (especially with some EQ).  But then I got a Schiit Asgard today, and the HTF600s' reign quickly ended.  I thought the Fischers were good, but I never knew they were THIS good.  Just astonishing.  I'm probably going to sell the Panasonics.  Thanks to Schiit for making my FA-003s far more enjoyable:).

Have you happened to use these with the Matrix-M Stage? I'm getting my FA-002w in the mail soon and have been thinking about getting an amp for them in a few months and the Asgard and M-Stage are two that are pretty high on my list.

Quote:
Any consensus on how long it takes for the woodies to be made? im glad I ordered them so early before Christmas haha, the wait is going to slaughter me.

Bought mine October 20th, they shipped the on the 21rst... So it's about 3 weeks.. I asked them about a tracking number but never got any response 
ph34r.gif
 I guess when they arrive is going to be a complete surprise but I find that every day when I go home I'm hoping more and more that they came.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #2,124 of 3,047
That's interesting.  I found the 8400s to be slightly cloudy as compared to the FA-003s.  But this was before I got the Asgard:).  It just improves every single aspect of the Fischers:  soundstage, tightness, clarity, detail.  It's like a veil was lifted from the music (and I didn't think the Fischers had a veil). Just absolutely fantastic.  Because of all the tightening, bass is perhaps slightly less than I like, but I think I've just been listening to those Panasonics too long:). It's only on a few songs where I wish there'd be a little more bass.  It's a welcome tradeoff for everything I gain, though.  I don't know what everyone else is using for amping, but the Asgard just blows everything else I've heard out of the water. I've heard high-end cans like the LCD-2 and HD 800, but neither was in optimal conditions (ambient noise, poor amping, et cetera).

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #2,125 of 3,047
Nov 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #2,127 of 3,047

Quote:
Quote:

Have you happened to use these with the Matrix-M Stage? I'm getting my FA-002w in the mail soon and have been thinking about getting an amp for them in a few months and the Asgard and M-Stage are two that are pretty high on my list.

Bought mine October 20th, they shipped the on the 21rst... So it's about 3 weeks.. I asked them about a tracking number but never got any response 
ph34r.gif
 I guess when they arrive is going to be a complete surprise but I find that every day when I go home I'm hoping more and more that they came.

I had the M-Stage a long time ago, and I don't remember being very impressed by it, but it could just have been my setup.  I've been blown away by the Asgard, though.  Possibly the most dramatic upgrade I've noticed in musical quality, apart from getting new headphones.

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #2,128 of 3,047
Hi everyone!
I've received my FA-003 this Monday and as I can hear, everything what you can read about it is true!
What a relief after the M50....I don't miss the bass at all. The Fischer is much more clearer, more detailed. I love vocals on them, the instruments have great body, what they did not have on the M50...or wasn't this good...
I only have a Cowon S9 to drive them, so it's far form getting the most out of them....and they are sill burning in....

I have only tried the leather pads so far...I was too afraid if I tear them while pealing them off the plastic ring...

Now I'm thinking about two things:
- re-dampening the caps...leather or acoustic foam....
- amp or dac cause I feel the need....somehow I don't feel like using my laptop as a source - don't know why - I would probably stick with my S9...this might be worse, but more comfortable...
I have NO idea about what to get...maybe a Fiio ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back