Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #1,516 of 3,047
Apr 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,518 of 3,047

Quote:
Sooo... nobody has the leather dampeners?

I do. I have them installed on my FA-003's. They make a nice difference in the sound.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #1,520 of 3,047
I've had the HD25-1 ii in the past and all I can say is the FA-003 blew them out of the water.  No comparison at all...the FA-003s are in another league.

Quote:
how would the senn hd25-1 ii compare against them?? i'm currently looking for a neutral closed phones to be used for mainly modern rock.. (i.e. simple plan, muse, linkin park, etc)
anyone has listened to both??

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #1,521 of 3,047
I do. I have them installed on my FA-003's. They make a nice difference in the sound.

Can you expand on what aspects of the sound improve with the leather dampers, LFF?  It seems GD-A is out of stock on them (and have been for some time), but i have some dynamat-type stuff so I might use that instead..

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #1,523 of 3,047
Highs are clear and more extended than the HD25.  Imo, the detail retreival of the FA-003 is a bit better than the HD650.   I felt the HD25's highs were rolled off in comparison to my other headphones at that time (ie. RS1, hp2, HD600 etc)  I thought the bass on the HD25 was really over bloated and overwhelming.  Sure there was bass impact but it didn't have that much definition to it.  Again my statements are all relative to my other headphones I have heard.  The imaging is very very good on the FA-003 and also not to mention the beautiful wide soundstage.  You see, the bass is very present on the FA-003 and airy without overwhemling the other frequencies.  Great impact but maybe just slightly less than the HD25 if memory serves me right.  The balance is also great on these headphones as well.  On the HD25, I feel the emphasis is on the bass which just drowns out the mids and the highs.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #1,524 of 3,047
So I got a new dac/amp in the mail today in the Yulong D100. From the hour or so I've listened to it so far it brings the FA-003 to another level although my previous dac/amp is more for transportable use and the Yulong is for home use since it is not powered by usb but a power cable.

I'll settle for this before I get those dampers and wooden cups. I'll also look for a headphone to go along side with the FA-003 since I have doubts about how much of a difference they will make but will reserve judgment until I get to hear them for myself.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #1,528 of 3,047
So I got a new dac/amp in the mail today in the Yulong D100. From the hour or so I've listened to it so far it brings the FA-003 to another level although my previous dac/amp is more for transportable use and the Yulong is for home use since it is not powered by usb but a power cable.

I'll settle for this before I get those dampers and wooden cups. I'll also look for a headphone to go along side with the FA-003 since I have doubts about how much of a difference they will make but will reserve judgment until I get to hear them for myself.

not sure about 003, but 002w is a lot brighter than I like D100. (002w already had a U shaped FR as far as I can tell, plugging it into a D100 just emphasized the highs)

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #1,529 of 3,047

Quote:
With these on my head, one question is sitting in the back of my head. Are these really the best headphones money can buy in the "no amp required" category?

What do you guys think about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back