Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Feb 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,036 of 3,047

Quote:
Indeed!

For what it's worth, I feel the FA-003 to be better than the HD-650...much better. The HD-650 has way too much bass and is dark sounding and definitely veiled. I feel the HD-600 is better than the HD-650 and the FA-003 still wipes the floor with the HD-600. HD600, Denon D2000, D5000, Grado 225, 325, RS-1 etc don't even come close in terms of comfort, sound quality and value! Just my 2 cents.

I concur fully with this statement!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #1,038 of 3,047
I havn't heard the above mentioned headphones, but I will say the FA-003 has dethroned my Ultrasone 750s and Sennhesier HD580s (aka HD600). What I find so great about these are that they are so versatile. I can listen to "The Girl From Ipanema," then switch over to Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack and then to Pat Metheny & Anna Maria Jopek's "Upojenie." It all sounds great, even straight electronic music like Com Truise and Bag Raiders. These are definitely a deal for the price in that regard, for me.

Melting into Upojenie, right now. Good night
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,039 of 3,047

Quote:
Rah rah siss boom bah!

Sounds like cheerleading practice is going well.

Keep it up and we'll soon have a new overhyped FOM. 

At the fear of possibly feeding a troll, let me just say that I am simply stating my opinion about a product I like. If another company releases something better at the same price or cheaper, I'll the first one to sing it's praise. Until that happens, I will happily enjoy and endorse the FA-003.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #1,041 of 3,047
armik playing gypsy flame.......ohmmmmmmmmmmggggg.......even in my dreams i shouted wowww.
zzzzzzz....snorrzz.....zzzzzzz

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #1,042 of 3,047
gloria gaynor....i will survive.....its a party going on in my dreams.
zzzzzzzzz,,,,

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #1,043 of 3,047
theme from Schindler's List.....that heart wrenching violin is gonna do me in...wiping my tears..
this is it...gonna die in my sleep..zzzzzzzzzzz.

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,045 of 3,047
Quote:
theme from Schindler's List.....that heart wrenching violin is gonna do me in...wiping my tears..
this is it...gonna die in my sleep..zzzzzzzzzzz.

Am I still in your will?
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #1,046 of 3,047
Can anyone confirm that a batch of woodies shipped out today? What's the shipping time from Russia to the US? I am 19 days in from when I ordered them and while I know 20ish days is the norm...I'm getting anxious to get my headphones. Yeah, I know...good things come to those that wait...I'm just an impatient person sometimes...lol

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #1,048 of 3,047
Quote:

Basically, the FA-003 is just another overrated pair of cans, am I right... $70 down the rain.
It's funny how in the first pages on this thread, it looked like you were in love with the FA-003, and now you're bashing them.
In other words, the FA-003 is not worth it for what you're paying for. What's your opinion?

$70 is quite a lot for someone like me, a student with no job..

I am not bashing FA-003. They are a great value and are definitely one of my favorite headphones. But I think some people do rate it a bit too high. It is certainly not a be all end all headphone and it does have weaknesses. I've mentioned this many times already that FA-003 lacks some texture/micro-detail and also has a peak in the upper highs between 10-12 kHz that can make it sound a bit shrill. I do think that it is a hi-fi headphone, just not top hi-fi. I think HD650, RS1, HD800 and DT880 are better sounding headphones than FA-003, but they are also significantly more expensive, especially when you factor in the price of the amp and probably a balanced cable as well to make them sound their best. I think SRH840, D2000 and PRO750 are on par with FA-003, but certainly different in sound signature and presentation and have their own strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I feel that FA-003 is a wonderful headphone for the price, but it is not a giant killer like some people make it out to be. Even my HD555 does some things better, like a more airy treble and a more neutral frequency response. FA-003 beats HD555 in every other way though. But in the end it's all a matter of preference - the differences in sound quality at this level are subtle and not always easy to hear at all. Sometimes, when I am tired I can't hear the difference between HD555 and FA-003 at all. It takes some effort to notice that FA-003 is better in many ways. And then for some people, the emphasis at 10-12 kHz may be a fatal flaw and they will say that they prefer HD555 any day just because it's more even in the highs. Similarly, some people may hate the laid back presentation of HD650 or the bright, forward sound of RS1 and will say that FA-003 is much better even though what they really mean is that it doesn't sound as bright as RS1 or as laid back as HD650.

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #1,049 of 3,047

Quote:
At the fear of possibly feeding a troll, let me just say that I am simply stating my opinion about a product I like. If another company releases something better at the same price or cheaper, I'll the first one to sing it's praise. Until that happens, I will happily enjoy and endorse the FA-003. 
biggrin.gif

You said the FA003 "wipes the floor" and others "don't even come close", so I find very hard to take your opinion seriously. If you truly feel that way about sound quality, then that's debatable. But comfort? Do you actually believe the FA003 is the most comfortable of those headphones, especially the HD600? And I've noticed you seem to love everything Fischer Audio puts out... weird, huh.

Quote:
I am not bashing FA-003. They are a great value and are definitely one of my favorite headphones. But I think some people do rate it a bit too high. It is certainly not a be all end all headphone and it does have weaknesses. I've mentioned this many times already that FA-003 lacks some texture/micro-detail and also has a peak in the upper highs between 10-12 kHz that can make it sound a bit shrill. I do think that it is a hi-fi headphone, just not top hi-fi. I think HD650, RS1, HD800 and DT880 are better sounding headphones than FA-003, but they are also significantly more expensive, especially when you factor in the price of the amp and probably a balanced cable as well to make them sound their best. I think SRH840, D2000 and PRO750 are on par with FA-003, but certainly different in sound signature and presentation and have their own strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I feel that FA-003 is a wonderful headphone for the price, but it is not a giant killer like some people make it out to be. Even my HD555 does some things better, like a more airy treble and a more neutral frequency response. FA-003 beats HD555 in every other way though. But in the end it's all a matter of preference - the differences in sound quality at this level are subtle and not always easy to hear at all. Sometimes, when I am tired I can't hear the difference between HD555 and FA-003 at all. It takes some effort to notice that FA-003 is better in many ways. And then for some people, the emphasis at 10-12 kHz may be a fatal flaw and they will say that they prefer HD555 any day just because it's more even in the highs. Similarly, some people may hate the laid back presentation of HD650 or the bright, forward sound of RS1 and will say that FA-003 is much better even though what they really mean is that it doesn't sound as bright as RS1 or as laid back as HD650.

Thank you - finally an honest, critical opinion.

I don't want to bash the FA003 either, so I'll give you the most positive version of my opinion: it's the best closed headphone you can buy for the price :)

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #1,050 of 3,047

Quote:
 Do you actually believe the FA003 is the most comfortable of those headphones, especially the HD600? 

Why couldn't he? Lots of folks like to cry like babies about Grado comfort and whine about how their ears hurt and blah blah blah, but I personally think they are very comfortable headphones. So for someone to say the FA-003 is more comfortable than other mid-fi headphones...that's pretty reasonable IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back