Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Jan 9, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #482 of 3,047
WD-40 isn't a lubricant.  It is designed to displace water and prevent corrosion.  It isn't much of a lubricant.

I don't have the FA-003 (yet).  Is it plastic on plastic rubbing or creaking?  Silicone lubricant may help.  Or a similar lubricant.  You want to be careful that you use something that isn't going to discolor or damage the plastic parts of the headphone.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #483 of 3,047
Hello FA-003 fans!

I'm looking to buy my first pair of fullsized headphones to pair with my Yulong D100.
I'm trying to build a good sounding and above all TRANSPARENT setup for the purposes of music enjoyment and amateur monitoring/mixing.
My preference right know is one of the German Maestro GMP 4XX headphones but a Yulong D100 and the Fischer Audio FA-003 seem to be a very good setup for a very reasonable price!

Still, I have some doubts regarding this FA-003 headphone and I would like to have some input from the headfiers that own or have heard it:

The descriptions that I have read about this headphone seem to somewhat fit in what I want from a headphone but there is still one thing that very rarely I have seen mentioned with this headphone and is my priority, transparency.

Is this headphone as transparent as for example a K701, DT880 or HD600?

Will it show differences between Dacs or Amps as clearly as the above mentioned?
Is the FA-003 the type of headphone that will let you hear the source sound signature instead of trying to impose it's own sound signature into whatever it is reproducing?
Will this headphone really scale with better source and amplification? Has anyone been able to actualy testify this?
Has anyone heard it through a high end system, like Lavry DA11 + Meier Concerto or Audio-GD Dac-19 DSP + C2? Burson HA-160D?
Does it really have this level of sound resolution?

Another thing that I would like to clarify is about it's ability of sounding like an open headphone.
When you guys say this what do you mean exactly? Doesn't the FA-003 show any typical sonic shortcoming of a closed back design(ressonance, dynamic range compression, boxiness, etc) compared to real open headphone?
Does it really sound like an open headphone or it is just able to suffer less from those shortcomings than other closed headphones?

All the information will be very welcomed!
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #484 of 3,047
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes and yes on transparency and scalability.  I'm pretty sure I read it in the thread.  Ask Pianist, Rawrster and LFF.

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #485 of 3,047

Quote:
Hello FA-003 fans!

I'm looking to buy my first pair of fullsized headphones to pair with my Yulong D100.
I'm trying to build a good sounding and above all TRANSPARENT setup for the purposes of music enjoyment and amateur monitoring/mixing.
My preference right know is one of the German Maestro GMP 4XX headphones but a Yulong D100 and the Fischer Audio FA-003 seem to be a very good setup for a very reasonable price!

Still, I have some doubts regarding this FA-003 headphone and I would like to have some input from the headfiers that own or have heard it:

The descriptions that I have read about this headphone seem to somewhat fit in what I want from a headphone but there is still one thing that very rarely I have seen mentioned with this headphone and is my priority, transparency.

Is this headphone as transparent as for example a K701, DT880 or HD600?

Will it show differences between Dacs or Amps as clearly as the above mentioned?
Is the FA-003 the type of headphone that will let you hear the source sound signature instead of trying to impose it's own sound signature into whatever it is reproducing?
Will this headphone really scale with better source and amplification? Has anyone been able to actualy testify this?
Has anyone heard it through a high end system, like Lavry DA11 + Meier Concerto or Audio-GD Dac-19 DSP + C2? Burson HA-160D?
Does it really have this level of sound resolution?

Another thing that I would like to clarify is about it's ability of sounding like an open headphone.
When you guys say this what do you mean exactly? Doesn't the FA-003 show any typical sonic shortcoming of a closed back design(ressonance, dynamic range compression, boxiness, etc) compared to real open headphone?
Does it really sound like an open headphone or it is just able to suffer less from those shortcomings than other closed headphones?

All the information will be very welcomed!
Thanks!

I'm planning exact same setup, with fa-003 :)

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #487 of 3,047
i would just like to know how these are compared to the ath-a700 im new to 'good' headphones and i am looking to hopefully spend no more then $200 and it seems the a700 and these seem to be the best at or under $200 so i was wondering for anyone who has used both to tell me which is better or atleast the differences between the two ty in advance

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #488 of 3,047
and one more question altho it really does not have much to do with this thread you guys seem to know a lot about a lot of different headphones and along with my other question do you guys know of any other headphones i can get as a second set for rock/metal/techno music or will the ones i asked about above work well for them because i have heard that some of these headphones make those styles of music sound bad altho the first set i will be using probably be using mostly for gaming and any music they work well for because i do listen to all styles of music but just not sure if those ones will work well for the three styles i have listed once again ty in advance

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #492 of 3,047
i have had mine for a week now and love these. using the cloth pads and gaming on a pc- these sound great. nice soundstage, very clear no matter how hard the action. the leather earpads bring some bass but lower the soundstage, leather earpads are better for music though.

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #495 of 3,047
The wooden cups have been available for purchase for a while.

Quote:
So far they are the greatest things to ever happen to my ears, I can not wait until wooden cups are available for individual purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back