Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #361 of 3,047
Just buy them from gd audiobase. Took 9 days from Russia to UK. Great company IMO.

Also been burning them in now for 36 hours and they sound amazing. Still on burn in duty for next 100 hours.

Best headphone ever. Prefer sound of leather pads over material.

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #362 of 3,047
 Ugh! Just found out my payment didn't go through 8 days ago. Payment successful this time. Now the wait begins....again.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #363 of 3,047

Quote:
Has anyone in North America had luck with Bugden Audio (the only North American dealer)? Their website seems rather confused as to what's in stock and what's not and they don't respond to messages. I have to say the distribution channels for Fischer seem rather sketchy (unless, I suppose, you live in Russia). It's also weird that nobody seems quite sure what you'll get? Will you get a case? Will you get 2 sets of leather earpads or will one be fabric/velvet? And are the custom wood models mostly about looks? Does un-damped wood really sound better than damped plastic? And does it make the headphones significantly heavier (and hence less comfortable or more prone to falling off one's head)?

No problems w/ Bugden for me.  I got my DBAs from Ethan.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #364 of 3,047
I ordered from Bugden Audio and had no problems (received replies to emails and all), though I agree that their language about out of stock items is a bit confusing. Plus they are North America based (ships from Canada). If you are worried about whether or not you will receive the case and extra set of pads, then just contact the seller.

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #365 of 3,047
I want bring some clarity about accessories going with FA-003.

All FA-003 from previous batch were in the carton boxes, FA-003 from that batch are sold out. But in the new batch which is selling now, all FA-003 comes with soft case and additional velours ear pads, like on the pictures provided by gavinfabl.

I dont know does other sellers have FA-003 from the same batch, but it is right for GD AudioBase.

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #366 of 3,047
You seem to know what's going on. What case does the Wood Series come in since they don't look like they would fit in the standard soft box? Thanks

Quote:
I want bring some clarity about accessories going with FA-003.

All FA-003 from previous batch were in the carton boxes, FA-003 from that batch are sold out. But in the new batch which is selling now, all FA-003 comes with soft case and additional velours ear pads, like on the pictures provided by gavinfabl.

I dont know does other sellers have FA-003 from the same batch, but it is right for GD AudioBase.

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #367 of 3,047
The case doesn't allow you to keep the chord attached. However it's possible to cut away some of the sponge if you need. Dmitry at GD Audiobase was very helpful prior to ordering.

As noted above and as per my photos on page 24, you get headphones with leather pads, fabric spare pads, the cable , case, and warranty.

After 44 hours burn in sound has improved mainly not as hard in the treble. For me the huge plus with these cans is the musicality and enjoyment when listening to any genre of music. You just want to keep listening. Yes it has special this and that but it's the ability to enjoy music that is so amazing.

Personally not going to get the wood covers as the sound is excellent as is. As a bonus they work really well with my iPhone and iPad directly. With my Fiio E7 and E9 the difference is even better.

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #368 of 3,047
@ Slaughter - are you getting the standard FA-003 and the wooden cups on top. I would be curious as to what you think the difference is sound is. At the moment, I don't have the budget to spend more on the cups than the actual headphone.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #369 of 3,047
No, getting the 002 light beech wood. Wish I would have ordered the 003 and cups as it wasn't that much more and thats the only way to get the 003 cups. The Light Beech headphones with wood cups are $207. The cups are only $50 if you like the light wood. Did you see LFF's review of the woodie? Sounds like the woodie is similar to the 003, but slightly better to his ears.

Quote:
@ Slaughter - are you getting the standard FA-003 and the wooden cups on top. I would be curious as to what you think the difference is sound is. At the moment, I don't have the budget to spend more on the cups than the actual headphone.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #370 of 3,047
Thanks for the info. I have tried contacting Bugden twice now--the first being many days ago--and I've yet to receive any replies. They don't publish a phone number or email. So you're stuck filling out their contact form. It seems to go into a black hole lately. I'm still a bit reluctant to go with GD Audiobase due to payment problems, customs issues, higher shipping costs, etc. But it's helpful to know the versions currently being shipped. If the FA-003's are really the amazing bargain they sound like, I would think other dealers would be wanting to carry them. Perhaps I'll just wait and hope things get better sorted for North America.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #371 of 3,047

Quote:
You seem to know what's going on. What case does the Wood Series come in since they don't look like they would fit in the standard soft box? Thanks

All phones from Wood Edtion series comes with the same soft case as FA-003 from new batch.

Yes, FA-002w looks a bit bigger on the photos, and its right, but they are fit in that soft case well. There are soft foam rubber inside the case so they are fit to it with ease.

Quote:
nwavguy said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info. I have tried contacting Bugden twice now--the first being many days ago--and I've yet to receive any replies. They don't publish a phone number or email. So you're stuck filling out their contact form. It seems to go into a black hole lately. I'm still a bit reluctant to go with GD Audiobase due to payment problems, customs issues, higher shipping costs, etc. But it's helpful to know the versions currently being shipped. If the FA-003's are really the amazing bargain they sound like, I would think other dealers would be wanting to carry them. Perhaps I'll just wait and hope things get better sorted for North America.

Exactly there are not any problems with the payments system, exclude only one issue with one customer, from all time.
If you are warrying about customs, it could be solved. We deal with Fischer Audio directly, so our prices including shipping costs can compete with prices provided by other sellers with ease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, thanks gavinfabl for such a good comment!

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #373 of 3,047
This is a bit odd. I decided to give the soft pads another chance today and they fit much better now. I guess the headband got a bit more loose as I wore them since I last tried the soft pads. They are much more comfortable now than before so now I have two pads I can use..if only one of the sellers sold the pads as well.

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #374 of 3,047
@ nwavguy - GD Audiobase payment system is excellent. Very secure too. I even got an email from the payment system company to remind me charge would appear on my credit card and what it would appear as. GD Audiobase also sent an email when dispatched with tracking number. Their prices are excellent but their customer service is so fantastic I will always use them over another supplier when I get my next set of cans.

Btw nearly 80 hours burn in and the sound is so excellent. Been using the fabric pads today for 4 hours and might keep these on as no ear fatigue and no sweatiness. So so pleased.

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #375 of 3,047
Quote:
Would you recommend these over the HD25-1 IIs?

Yes, they are a significant improvement over HD25-1s in the bass and treble. Mids are harder to compare, but I think FA-003 sounds more natural in the mids, whereas HD25 possesses a bit more texture, but sounds dryer and on the aggressive side, giving too much edge so some instruments like piano. The high and lows however are significantly better than HD25s in just about every way. They are clearer, cleaner, much better extended, more delicate and refined and also more dynamic sounding. FA-003 also has a much larger soundstage and much better feeling of space than HD25-1. And also, I think that FA-003 is actually better for portable use if you don't mind its size and can take it off when not using it. It is just as "easy" to drive (relatively easy and will still benefit a lot from a good amp), offers similar isolation, and is similarly lightweight (surprising considering its size), but is much more comfortable than HD25 with its deep, soft leather pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back