Review: Fiio E7
Jan 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #361 of 548

Quote:
Quote:
I have bee running my E7 with the keylock from day one. I don't mind to wait for a while to unlocked it and access any function.  According to the system timer I have been using my E7 for 20 d 7 h 4 m. No sign of burn-in.

What do you mean by burn in? You mean the sound quality of eh E7 will improve with more use. If that's the case I will be running this baby 24/7 lol

Actually, I was referring to the concerns that the screen gets "burn" by continuous use. In regard to sound quality improvement, I haven't appreciate any. However, I just change source and headphones often so changes might be "diluted" just because of that.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #362 of 548

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have bee running my E7 with the keylock from day one. I don't mind to wait for a while to unlocked it and access any function.  According to the system timer I have been using my E7 for 20 d 7 h 4 m. No sign of burn-in.

What do you mean by burn in? You mean the sound quality of eh E7 will improve with more use. If that's the case I will be running this baby 24/7 lol

Actually, I was referring to the concerns that the screen gets "burn" by continuous use. In regard to sound quality improvement, I haven't appreciate any. However, I just change source and headphones often so changes might be "diluted" just because of that.

To avoid that burning effect of the screen you can set an autolock which automatically turns off the screen after a set amount of time. You have to hold the Menu button then to unlock the device again. I wish it would just turn off the screen automatically without having to unlock it, but its not that big of a hassle.

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #363 of 548
Hello everyone, I do not know if anyone can help me.
My e7, died while I used it with the keypad lock and block recharge.
Connected to the usb, not a sign of recovery, as if he had locked the software, even the reset will not unlock.
Do You give me some advice?

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #364 of 548

Quote:
Connected to the usb, not a sign of recovery, as if he had locked the software, even the reset will not unlock.

Please connect the E7 to the USB power supply, and make sure the connection is ok, charing the E7 for about 2 hours, and them reset it through the reset key ( on the top of the E7 through the reset hole)!

If it still can not recover, please contact our sales agent who sold the E7 to you, they will help you solve the problem by repair or replacement!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #365 of 548

Quote:
Quote:

Please connect the E7 to the USB power supply, and make sure the connection is ok, charing the E7 for about 2 hours, and them reset it through the reset key ( on the top of the E7 through the reset hole)!

If it still can not recover, please contact our sales agent who sold the E7 to you, they will help you solve the problem by repair or replacement!

thanks.
I managed to recharge it with the reset button pressed for the first half hour

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #366 of 548

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To avoid that burning effect of the screen you can set an autolock which automatically turns off the screen after a set amount of time. You have to hold the Menu button then to unlock the device again. I wish it would just turn off the screen automatically without having to unlock it, but its not that big of a hassle.

Yeap, I do that always. And I agree, it is but a minor hassle.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #367 of 548
I don't turn off my E7 any more, even over weekends. I just leave it connected to the computer and turned on. The battery lasts long enough that even though my computer's USB ports do not provide power when turned off, the E7 survives on its own for days.

Having to unlock is a minor inconvenience, yes.

Jack

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #368 of 548
Hello, I am considering purchasing a e7 to compliment my M-50's and a future set of headphones.

I am currently running 320kbs files through my HTC EVO 4g android phone out of the standard headphone out. I have noticed everyone suggesting an LOD for iPhone/apple products and after research I can't find any discussion about this for android based phones. My EVO has a mini hdmi out (probably not related to audio) and a a mini USB cable (which is used for charging as well as docking with computer just as the iPhones does [which I have owned as well]). My question is, in order to bypass the EVO's standard DAC that it puts out via the standard 3.5mm headphone jack, do I need extra cabling (LOD) or can i just get a mini USB to USB to connect it to the e7 DAC and engage that function?

Thanks for the help.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #370 of 548
Recently purchased some Yuin PK1's and had a Fiio E5 laying around that I was using to drive them.  

While they sound ok, I feel like I could be using a better amp to drive them.  Looking to see if anyone is using a Fioo E7 to drive PK1's or is that a little overkill?  

Mostly listening through ipod/iphone and macbook air.  

Thanks!  

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #372 of 548
I have the E7/E9 system, the E9 went south and I have been using the E7, it sounds very good with the Denon's, I set the bass boost at 2 and jam, the E9 definitely adds more power but the E7 can get uncomfortably loud.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #374 of 548
Between 0 and 1. If the bass is too much, I would switch to 0.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #375 of 548
I have developed an audible hissing sound on my right channel passing vol 10, is this normal? 
This problem is there only when E7 is not on dock(E9), but when I use this as a portable DAC/amp that is when the problem of hissing begins for me :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back