[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Oct 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #77 of 452
My guess?  Armaegis and the TMA-1 are not going to be best of friends.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #79 of 452

Quote:
Congrats on getting the TMA-1 I'm dying to hear your impressions on what they sound like..

Yeah, huge sigh of relief that Armaegis got them.

I sent them with no tracking.
ph34r.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #82 of 452
As much as I hate to parrot how others describe it, "dark" does seem an appropriate adjective. Maybe I should use something more descriptive... how about "dank"? nah though that's kinda negative. How about "jolly"?

Quote:
My guess?  Armaegis and the TMA-1 are not going to be best of friends.

Well I don't not like them... not quite my cup of tea, but I could see it meshing well for others. 

My initial impressions... great bass extension that's not as clean as DT1350 but better than M80, overall sound is slow and lacking in detail/separation, bass tilted, surprisingly flat response through the mids, treble very tamed, luxuriously comfortable earpads, horrible headband comfort

For a bassy closed can it surprisingly doesn't have much punch OR rumble. The bass is just kinda, well, you know how everybody has a friend who tokes up then sits zoned out on the couch and is all "whoa, that's deep man"... yeah, something like that. I thought the Shure 840 was laid back, but man the TMA-1 takes the crown for the portable family. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #83 of 452
Hmm, I find it odd you think the headband comfort is terrible. I always found it to be very comfortable.

And I also found that the sub-bass wasn't as powerful as I thought from such a dark and laid back headphone.

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #84 of 452
The bass is present and actually quite plentiful, but very very lazy. I wonder if a pass port would actually improve the response... but don't worry, I don't go drilling a hole in your headphones 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #87 of 452

Quote:
Hey!
angry_face.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I would mind, even though I haven't treated my TMA-1's very nicely (you can see some nicks on the cups when I dropped them).

Oh well, they're supposed to be rugged portables anyways.

Hmmmm I wonder how an XB 700 can would compare to them?

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #88 of 452
This is a great review, very interesting read. You mentioned that there are tons of fake HDJ-2000s, well I found them in Amazon for $239 sold by Beach Camera. Do you (or anyone else) know that store? The pricing seems great since other stores sell it at a higher price, but I don't want to buy the fake ones.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #89 of 452
That's a good price and I believe Beach Camera is legit... sigh, they cost me over $100 more up here in Canada 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back