[review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer HDJ-2000, V-Moda M80, Aiaiai TMA-1
Oct 6, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #31 of 452
I'm curious to ask if the Shure 750dj has gained any popularity in the DJ headphone market. I realize it isn't on this review, but I was wondering if it was beginning to catch on or not. I've had the Sennheiser HD-25 ii's for a little while now and I still can't get over their sibilance, while the 750's sound great to me.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #32 of 452
dont agree.
( I bought the T50p twice, but sold it twice, and i just received the DT-1350 2 weeks ago)

I do think the T50p and DT-1350 are realllly well built.
really solid

( I am bad at describing what i hear in english)
the T50P does sound abit dry to me, the first time i got it, I thought it was really detail, it got everything , but it felt like all the sound are pack together, not my type of headphones( i think i was spoiled by others full size phone)
The second time i bought it  , as i got a (suppose to be) warmer sounding portable player, the HM-601. So i gave the T50p another chance,
tried it. my feeling toward it stay the same.

And now the DT-1350, yes i agree it doesn't have strong bass , but because of the Mid, I love it alot!!
using it all the time with my HM-601 player now.
may be it is just me, i felt the sound of DT-1350 is much more open then the T50p.

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #33 of 452

Quote:
I'm curious to ask if the Shure 750dj has gained any popularity in the DJ headphone market. I realize it isn't on this review, but I was wondering if it was beginning to catch on or not. I've had the Sennheiser HD-25 ii's for a little while now and I still can't get over their sibilance, while the 750's sound great to me.

I don't keep tabs on the DJ world, so can't say anything on the popularity of cans.

I've auditioned the 750. More whomp than the 840, tighter fit, still the same pressure spot on the top, Overall a fun headphone to listen to.

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #34 of 452
oh awesome review dude thanks a bunch, no lie the main headphones I've been choosing between were the AIAIAI TMA-1's, HD25 originals, HDJ2000, M80, and the dt1350.

Which has the most fun and exciting sound when it comes to dnb, hip hop, dubstep, techno, acoustic rock, and rock.

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #35 of 452
I haven't heard the M80 or TMA1 yet, but of the ones I've got so far... for fun and exciting with a bass tilt I would give the nod to the HD25. The Pioneer gives a more satisfying rumble in the lows, but the Senn will bring more energy and punch overall. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #36 of 452
Glad my 25-13 has served you well so far. Plan to keep fighting along side you in the headphone recommendation thread for a long time to come. :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #37 of 452
I appreciate the extra voice there. It was getting overwhelming in there all by myself.

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #38 of 452
I'm surprised your package hasn't arrived yet. My package was left lying on the steps underneath my mailbox. You think it's possible it was delivered and left on the front door and maybe some kid came by and grabbed it for him/herself?

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #39 of 452
Don't frighten me man...
frown.gif
<--- do you see this sad face? I can't use this one
triportsad.gif
because I have no headphones...

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #43 of 452
Thank's for a great review, and read, Amaegis! I have the HD 25's and the T50p. I don't have a love/hate with the Beyers but sometimes they can really sound great and then not so great, and like it was said, I think it's down to placement on the ears which does annoy me sometimes. You are right about the sub bass which I would have though to be better than it actually is, though I still get a sense of some refinement in the mid/ treble areas even if it does need to be more organised.
The Senns , on the other hand still impress me everytime I use them. Dispite the short commings, the presentation and the impact win me over everytime! For a HP which has been going for so long, it's still right up there with the newer products.
It's a pity you don't have the TMA's yet, as I have briefly tried them out to find them a little dark, but interestingly so. I think they will be my next purchase of HPs, but I wanted your 2 cents worth.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #44 of 452
Hey that picture looks familiar... whoa, I made frontpage... thanks Jude! (I assume it was Jude. If not, thanks to whoever it was)

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #45 of 452
For those wondering, I've got an M80 coming in which should have been here by now. Raguvian was also kind enough to send his TMA-1, which are in the mail now. Assuming CanadaPost doesn't hold onto them for ransom, I'm hoping they arrive sometime next week. *knock on wood*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back