Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning
Jun 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #151 of 312
While the 007 are my favorite headphones ever look wise they didn't blow me away sound wise from the LL last time I heard them at the Texas meet. The 009s honestly have a pretty big hill to climb, but I'm ready to climb it if my ears like 'em.

Quote:
i know the outcome of what that is going to be like...i'll say it now... welcome to the stat world morbidtoaster. congrats on the purchases :) hehe

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #152 of 312

Quote:
While the 007 are my favorite headphones ever look wise they didn't blow me away sound wise from the LL last time I heard them at the Texas meet. The 009s honestly have a pretty big hill to climb, but I'm ready to climb it if my ears like 'em.

I’ve always been underwhelmed by stats in meet conditions.

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #153 of 312
Well they were short impressions but I'd be weary to call them actual meet impressions. They were done in the back room where there was no one talking and no 'meet noise'. It was the bass. Something felt off. I would of course give them another try in my home if given the chance.

I am pretty excited to hear the 009s though just because it still seems so few have. Much less in their home.

Quote:

I’ve always been underwhelmed by stats in meet conditions.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #155 of 312
Quote:
So...Alex has old me that when his SR-009s come in within the next 2 weeks I'll be able to hear them on the LL...

While I will certainly be taking him up on the offer I also fear that I'll want to own it afterwards. Because he's so close to me I'll be trying it with my own source and my own music as well...

This is going to be brutal. Wish me luck, guys. Though I hope I don't turn into one of you simply for the sake of my wallet.

Once on the journey towards highend headphone listening, it's very difficult to turn back [ not that I'd ever want to ] simply because hearing music via headphones is very intoxicating, the only downside is it can be very expensive so that journey can be a long one. Best of luck on your journey MorbidToaster.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #156 of 312
Quote:
So...Alex has old me that when his SR-009s come in within the next 2 weeks I'll be able to hear them on the LL...

While I will certainly be taking him up on the offer I also fear that I'll want to own it afterwards. Because he's so close to me I'll be trying it with my own source and my own music as well...

This is going to be brutal. Wish me luck, guys. Though I hope I don't turn into one of you simply for the sake of my wallet.

Start saving now, because you will really like the LL/SR-009 combo, I tried that combo in my home also. I found the LL to have the house sound of the LF, but what really makes this combo is the SR-009's.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #157 of 312
Quote:
 I found the LL to have the house sound of the LF, but what really makes this combo is the SR-009's.

Hi sillysally,
I have the BHSE on order and a friend of mine headfier IanG who lives a couple of miles from me has ordered the LL. I'm in the list that Justin's testing now so hopefully we'll receive our amps around the same time. When we do we're going to listen to both amps so it'll be interesting to hear the differences. However we'll be using different sources. When Ian has the LL I believe his headphone system  will be SR-009's + LL + Audio Synthesis Transcend and mine will be SR-009's + BHSE + K-01.

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #158 of 312
Quote:

Start saving now, because you will really like the LL/SR-009 combo, I tried that combo in my home also. I found the LL to have the house sound of the LF, but what really makes this combo is the SR-009's.

@sillysally, I'm aware you're also an SRM-727A owner. Could you care to elaborate the differences between the 727A & LL with the SR-009s? I'm sure a bunch of us SR-009 owners here in Tokyo are keen to hear your opinions.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #159 of 312
I'm pretty eager to hear that as well as my spending plan if I decided to get it would consist of a lower cost amp in the meantime.

Quote:

@sillysally, I'm aware you're also an SRM-727A owner. Could you care to elaborate the differences between the 727A & LL with the SR-009s? I'm sure a bunch of us SR-009 owners here in Tokyo are keen to hear your opinions.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #160 of 312
My LL should be here around mid next week, if Alex gets around to shipping it within the next couple of days. I am quite anxious to hear how the SR-009 will sound through it, compared to my current setup which involves a speaker amp and the Woo WEE. I'll post some photos and impressions once I get a chance to listen.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #161 of 312
Really eager to hear your thoughts...and really eager to hear it for myself once Alex's 009s come in.

Quote:
My LL should be here around mid next week, if Alex gets around to shipping it within the next couple of days. I am quite anxious to hear how the SR-009 will sound through it, compared to my current setup which involves a speaker amp and the Woo WEE. I'll post some photos and impressions once I get a chance to listen.

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #162 of 312
We should be seeing a few new owners receiving their amps here by end of next week i'd imagine . 
cool.gif

And i hear you on the chassis mwilson. The custom jacks are really cool, venting pattern is sweet as well. Very nice looking and seemingly well put together amp.

Will be nice to see an all solid state stat amp on the market. I've left mine on for 3 days straight with no issues or worries.

Can't say i'd even dare doing an overnight thing like that with a tube or hybrid amp :)

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #163 of 312
Baloney

Many times I have left my bhse on for days at a time.
Justin burns them in for 1 continuous week.

Accidentally I left my t2 on for 4 days. Room sure was a bit warm.
I know 2 people that leave their GES on forever.

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #164 of 312
err..perhaps read my post again will you.

Said, wouldn't dare leaving it on. Doesn't equate to,  y'all don't dare to try either. I am just not comfortable leaving the house with tube circuits going. Makes sense or not, i just am not comfortable with it, especially so when i leave my dog occasionally, although she is with me 80% of the time.

If you are, go ahead by all means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back