REVIEW: B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) P5 Headphones
Jun 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #196 of 375
Quote:
I am an audiophile so i was in a class of car audio  called high SPL sound quality which means my car sounded like an out door live sound stage perfectly balanced and capable of playing any type of music..  

Yes most cars sounds like crap especially the loud ones and i shattered that stereotype.  

My sytstem was no ordinary system it boasted 4000 watts RMS power. 4 medium throw 2 and 3 way SQ stage monitors and a double bass configuration employing a fourth order bandpass 12" playing from 25hz to 250hz and a bass reflex 12" playing from 200hz to 500hz..
clarion pro audio source unit with 12volt RCAs and 24bit DACs..  into alpine EQs and pre amps..

Ego masturbation aside, this makes you qualified to hype the P5 as best in class how exactly?

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #197 of 375
Exposure to high SPLs for extended periods of time will cause hearing damage regardless of the level of distortion. Trying to claim that lack of distortion means you can tolerate high SPL levels better in terms of potential hearing damage is simply inaccurate.

Further, I measure my headphone to assure I listen at safe levels that won't damage my hearing, and recommend everyone do the same. You can find the safe SPL level duration tables at osha.gov.

In any case, this is off topic; sorry for that. I'd like for my review thread to stick to the P5. Thanks.

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #200 of 375

Quote:
I like to know this as well. What headphones have you listened to that can justify your opinion that the P5 are best-in-class?
Quote:
it just shows that i know sounds in and out of headphones...  a person insinuated i just had a loud noisy car system so i had to let him know the deal.. lol sorry if you would have prefered that i was just a bass head.. 

Doesn't answer the question...

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #202 of 375
D7000 , HD800, Ultrasone Edition 8, Grado PS1000 Headphones, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Grado RS1 Reference and many more..

some of those sound great but look ugly or are too large or cant be driven by iphone well at all

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #203 of 375
Theres a HD800 and HD800 headphones?

I learn something new everyday /sarcasm

No duh. None of the ones you mention are portables. My IE7s sound better than my HD800s from my portable. That doesn't make the IE7 better than my HD800. I have a strange suspesion you have never even heard any of them. I mean who says HD800 headphones? Like tehre is any other.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #204 of 375
Quote:
D7000 , HD800, Ultrasone Edition 8, Grado PS1000 Headphones, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Grado RS1 Reference and many more..

some of those sound great but look ugly or are too large or cant be driven by iphone well at all

a. None of those are in the same class as the P5. You're counting the fact that they're large and can't be driven by an iphone against them but they aren't meant to be small or portable. 

b. your answer to the same question was different in another thread:

Quote:
well I listened to some sonys shures panasonics, technics, bose etc but those were not portables.. i guess at the end of the day you can go hear them than form your own conclusion... I will admit i am new to teh headphone thing but am quite familiar with high en hifi components for home stage and car..

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #205 of 375
looks like good use of the old "copy paste" trick...
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #206 of 375
yup cause fact is i have listened to may many audio reproduction devices large and small and i find the P5s to be quite pleasing both in sound and overall character... we can go round in circles fro ever but  will always fins the P5s to be the best fit for what i want in a set of portable cans for iphone 

Quote:
Quote:

a. None of those are in the same class as the P5. You're counting the fact that they're large and can't be driven by an iphone against them but they aren't meant to be small or portable. 

b. your answer to the same question was different in another thread:

Quote:
well I listened to some sonys shures panasonics, technics, bose etc but those were not portables.. i guess at the end of the day you can go hear them than form your own conclusion... I will admit i am new to teh headphone thing but am quite familiar with high en hifi components for home stage and car..

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #207 of 375
i have heard more than i can remember and my main issue with most good sounding cans is size and looks im not gonna walk around looking like a damn space man..

Quote:
Theres a HD800 and HD800 headphones?

I learn something new everyday /sarcasm

No duh. None of the ones you mention are portables. My IE7s sound better than my HD800s from my portable. That doesn't make the IE7 better than my HD800. I have a strange suspesion you have never even heard any of them. I mean who says HD800 headphones? Like tehre is any other.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #208 of 375
Gorgonmusic: we all understand you like the P5 - a lot.  You have your own review thread already.  You have made your case for the P5 in mine.  Please refrain from continuing to pound your opinion in MY review thread.  Your opinion has been well noted.

Thanks.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #210 of 375
R there negative stars?
In school, we called them demerits. 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back