[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #3,634 of 7,021
Yup, I had the UE900 and those tips are much softer than the TF10 tips. I tried the UE900 tips on my IE80 and it made the IE80 sound unbearable. It emphasized bass way too much probably because the tips gave me a vacuum type seal where as the TF10 tips did not.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #3,635 of 7,021
I've been thru a number of TOTL phones myself and I still feel like the G-2 deliver very good sound for the money. If you're a fan of seductive mids and powerful bass, you will probably enjoy them quite a bit. VWinter has been working on some EQ settings that he's shared with me and the phones sound completely different, and much cleaner - the bass attenuated (but not without heft/punch), with more prominent treble and energy up top; the phones do respond to EQ very well. What I enjoy the most about the G-2 is how detailed it is without any of the treble tomfoolery that would tire out your ears in half an hour.

They respond remarkably well to EQ from what I've been trying. I say this in the sense that what people associate with "performance" and "hi-fi" they are capable of outputting through a different tuning. They are just tuned to output something specific.

I'm still fine tuning the EQ but the iPhone 5S has temporarily put a delay into the endeavor because the difference in it's sound output and my portable testing "rig" has changed as a result. It is a more fatiguing listen as a natural result.

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3,636 of 7,021
They respond remarkably well to EQ from what I've been trying. I say this in the sense that what people associate with "performance" and "hi-fi" they are capable of outputting through a different tuning. They are just tuned to output something specific.

I'm still fine tuning the EQ but the iPhone 5S has temporarily put a delay into the endeavor because the difference in it's sound output and my portable testing "rig" has changed as a result. It is a more fatiguing listen as a natural result.

The funny thing is, it's like the G2 is tuned to an anti-diffuse field response.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #3,637 of 7,021
Is anybody here a singer? I suspect that they sound better when you sing because of the bass boost and prominent lower mids. The output should drown out the bone conduction making the monitor sound full but not overbearing. Can anybody try this out? My usb soundcard died and since then I can't try myself.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #3,638 of 7,021
I was planning to post this on here long ago but it just didn't happen. I was asked in a PM what I thought about the ASG-2 compared to the 1Plus2 and this was pretty much my answer below. I'll try to post some more complete impressions for the 1p2 I made up notes for in it's thread.

The 1p2 is just a really sophisticated tuning with a very specific intended result. The fact that they can't make it into a custom is supportive of this I'd say. They're technically, as in resolution and imaging (strictly defined), really very good, and in that tight definition, I'd say it's the best I've heard, and not really by a small margin either. My notes have them somewhere in between being a magician and the terminator lol.

The imaging is by far the best I've heard if your definition of imaging is being able to place sound cues in the soundstage. The G-2 makes images feel real, but the 1p2 makes them look real. What I mean is that you can actually make out the shapes of the instruments or the sizes of the singers mouths. I've never heard an IEM use height or layering like that. That's where the magic is. It's awe inducing. But this is contained within its very defined stage, so in that way it's a tradeoff. And awe inducing is really what I mean when I said magic. It makes you watch one hand, and the other is pulling rabbits. It's easy to overlook it's flaws. And what those flaws are will depend on what you look for in sound reproduction.

It leaves me cold though. There's no heart in it and the G-2 has that in spades. The 1p2 just images and resolves. That's what it does, that's all it does. It doesn't eat, it doesn't sleep. I'll stop here before James Cameron sues me.

It's truly a unique tuning, where they chose to put the peaks and dips. It doesn't overlap with the G-2 at all to my ears and in that, I want one because It's a soundtrack machine. I'd spend the money just to listen to my soundtracks. Top 40 stuff and other music genres some might lump into popular are pretty uninspiring. It's not an all rounder at all IMHO. The G-2 or Heaven V is closer to an all rounder than the 1p2.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #3,639 of 7,021
I was planning to post this on here long ago but it just didn't happen. I was asked in a PM what I thought about the ASG-2 compared to the 1Plus2 and this was pretty much my answer below. I'll try to post some more complete impressions for the 1p2 I made up notes for in it's thread.

The 1p2 is just a really sophisticated tuning with a very specific intended result. The fact that they can't make it into a custom is supportive of this I'd say. They're technically, as in resolution and imaging (strictly defined), really very good, and in that tight definition, I'd say it's the best I've heard, and not really by a small margin either. My notes have them somewhere in between being a magician and the terminator lol.

The imaging is by far the best I've heard if your definition of imaging is being able to place sound cues in the soundstage. The G-2 makes images feel real, but the 1p2 makes them look real. What I mean is that you can actually make out the shapes of the instruments or the sizes of the singers mouths. I've never heard an IEM use height or layering like that. That's where the magic is. It's awe inducing. But this is contained within its very defined stage, so in that way it's a tradeoff. And awe inducing is really what I mean when I said magic. It makes you watch one hand, and the other is pulling rabbits. It's easy to overlook it's flaws. And what those flaws are will depend on what you look for in sound reproduction.

It leaves me cold though. There's no heart in it and the G-2 has that in spades. The 1p2 just images and resolves. That's what it does, that's all it does. It doesn't eat, it doesn't sleep. I'll stop here before James Cameron sues me.

It's truly a unique tuning, where they chose to put the peaks and dips. It doesn't overlap with the G-2 at all to my ears and in that, I want one because It's a soundtrack machine. I'd spend the money just to listen to my soundtracks. Top 40 stuff and other music genres some might lump into popular are pretty uninspiring. It's not an all rounder at all IMHO. The G-2 or Heaven V is closer to an all rounder than the 1p2.

Nice impressions. Can you talk about treble or is that too dangerous? 
size]

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,640 of 7,021
Wink wink :wink: :wink:
wink :wink: :wink: wink
:wink: :wink: wink wink

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #3,641 of 7,021

Nice impressions. Can you talk about treble or is that too dangerous? :p

It sounds like a pretty assistant being sawed in half. :p

BUM BUM - BUM - BUM BUM.

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #3,642 of 7,021
The 1p2 is just a really sophisticated tuning with a very specific intended result.
The 1p2 just images and resolves.

The G-2 or Heaven V is closer to an all rounder than the 1p2.

Great impression. ^That^ is going to be my one liner description when anyone asked me for my impression on the 1plus2. It is really resolving not only for the material's mastering/production, but also for the upstream gears. Listening to spotify on my note2 to billboard 100 playlists is not really a good idea!!

Also agree ASG2 compliment it very well while it can use more resolution or refinement on some better produced tracks. Not a bad idea to own both. For a all purpose all genre easy to drive all rounder my vote goes to TG334 (or W4 for those not looking to break the bank).

Oh last but not least, the ASG2 are gorgeously made! Hands down the best looking UIEM imo.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #3,643 of 7,021
It's amazing how impressions differ from person to person. Personally I've found the 1Plus2's to be one of, if not the best, all-rounder I've heard. Music just has a "rightness" about it that I've not heard from anything else I've owned or tried. Others I've owned have been able to pull that off on a track or an album but the 1Plus2's seem to accomplish it with everything I've thrown at them.

Something that's really surprised me is how good the 1Plus2's paired with the CEntrance HiFi-M8 sounds using Rdio for streaming playback. I expected that to sound like crap but it's been pretty darn good, obviously not as good as lossless from a Macbook but still quite enjoyable.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #3,644 of 7,021
opinions will differ. the important thing is to have respect for others right to have an opinion.

for me personally 1p2 is top sounding IEM which makes me lazy to hear anything else. however i am well aware there are many great options around and i can see all fair points about ASG2 or K3003 which are very fine IEM and will make many owners happy.

i also agree ASG2 can be a huge compliment to 1p2 and i loved ASG2 a lot and could well imagine buying one later. 

K3003 is another highly interesting IEM which i call a polite version of 1p2. i can well see people, who complain about aggressive 1p2 sound, will find K3003 as a very nice alternative which will be more sweet mellower sounding 1p2. for what is worth we all hear music slightly differently.

what i do NOT like is when people want to overimpose their opinion on others and use categorical forms to peddle their agenda.

have a good day, i am off to wine makers 
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3,645 of 7,021
I was planning to post this on here long ago

Thanks, V. OP'ed.

By the way, the Cardas Ear Speakers/Mirrors and the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB are both headed my way. I'll add them to this thread, along with comparisons to the G-2. I'm excited for them because mot impressions point to them being in a similar performance bracket as the G-2, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back