[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,601 of 7,021
Actually I kinda felt bad about it (like a blackhole in my wallet), but I bargained such a nice discount on the A&K players that I ended buying th AK120 for the equivalent of 1000$ (no VAT plus 10% discount). Brand new box + perfectly legit receipt = intense satisfaction (morally, not financially!).

where did you get such a great price for ak120? I want one too :)

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #3,602 of 7,021
where did you get such a great price for ak120? I want one too
smily_headphones1.gif

Come to Hong Kong.  Folks are selling their 1 week old perfect condition AK120 for $1100..... or 2 months old also quite perfect condition ones for $1000.

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #3,603 of 7,021
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,604 of 7,021
paying flight from Europe to HK will remove all price benefits by far
frown.gif

hence you need to come to HK for more than just the Headfi stuff... lol... btw those classified are done deals anyway :)  

On a related note we are seeing more AK120, and RWAK100, and even an RWAK100s on the FS boards locally.  Maybe I can pick up the AK120 again in a another few weeks with the leather case in a better condition than the one I sold and still have pocket change for a set of complys.... 

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3,606 of 7,021
We need more people cutting up old comply tips and stuffing them in the canal that leads to the bass valve. Interesting results here but as usual I want more people to hear the same thing.

Interesting... I got a bunch a comply tips that just sit there. What are we supposed to be hearing? Increased sub bass?

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #3,607 of 7,021
We need more people cutting up old comply tips and stuffing them in the canal that leads to the bass valve. Interesting results here but as usual I want more people to hear the same thing.

Ok, I'll bite. 

Complies are too expensive to cut up for experiments, so I took a vertical cross section out of the tip that comes with the cheapo philips 3580 (see below)

I'm pretty sure I hear lessened mid-bass/more sub-bass. I say pretty sure, because there isn't much of a way to A/B this.

Thanks Nukeshock and Moon!

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3,608 of 7,021
Interesting. Are you shoving enough material in there to fill up the entire canal, or just enough to obstruct the opening?

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #3,609 of 7,021
Interesting. Are you shoving enough material in there to fill up the entire canal, or just enough to obstruct the opening?

Hmm, good question. I'm sure there's enough down there to fill at least half the canal.

I'm using Nickelback's Burn It To The Ground instrumental as a test track of sorts. The kick drum seems to reverb better way down low. It's nothing drastic, as the G2 only needed a couple extra db, but it's really pleasant.

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3,611 of 7,021
The cleaning tool has a great metal loop that allows you to push the foam in and pull it out. I have about half of the canal filled with old comply tip that is expanded almost fully. So it's more inserted than stuffed into the canal. All creds to Unity for this one!

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,612 of 7,021
Interesting. Reminds me of the old foam mod tips for the ol HP-MD33 to address its boxy sound. Guess the key here is knowing just how much foam to use. Gonna have a go at it later.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,613 of 7,021

hence you need to come to HK for more than just the Headfi stuff... lol... btw those classified are done deals anyway :)  

On a related note we are seeing more AK120, and RWAK100, and even an RWAK100s on the FS boards locally.  Maybe I can pick up the AK120 again in a another few weeks with the leather case in a better condition than the one I sold and still have pocket change for a set of complys.... 

lol someone having seller's-remorse? :wink:.

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #3,614 of 7,021

lol someone having seller's-remorse? :wink:.

Yup.. missed the awe-stuck reaction I got at shops I got from others when I pulled out an AK120 AND and HM901 to demo stuffs...
evil_smiley.gif

DX50 just don't conjure up the same emotional shock to shopkeepers or fellow customers.  Next time maybe I'd just flash out a deck of hundreds bills (or actually thousands bills in local ccy) for the same effect!  /s  
biggrin.gif
  But seriously Just amazed how quickly electronics depreciate.  DAPs are the worst especially we got some many new models with such short release cycle now.  My IEMs and Headphones are keeping their value much better.

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #3,615 of 7,021

Yup.. missed the awe-stuck reaction I got at shops I got from others when I pulled out an AK120 AND and HM901 to demo stuffs...
evil_smiley.gif

DX50 just don't conjure up the same emotional shock to shopkeepers or fellow customers.  Next time maybe I'd just flash out a deck of hundreds bills (or actually thousands bills in local ccy) for the same effect!  /s  
biggrin.gif
  But seriously Just amazed how quickly electronics depreciate.  DAPs are the worst especially we got some many new models with such short release cycle now.  My IEMs and Headphones are keeping their value much better.

I actually didn't lose much of anything on my DX100 sale and I had it for just under a year when I sold it.
biggrin.gif
The problem more so is with DAPs that are overpriced to begin with and it makes the issue of depreciation that much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back