[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 14, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #661 of 7,021
can only hide so many new toys from my wife.

Isn't it a fun game to play?

IEMs have the special advantage of being small and generally not seen as expensive by the uninformed. Thankfully.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #663 of 7,021
Anyone is willing to send their gear to rinchoi.blogspot.com.au for testing?  :D

Let the FR graph war begin :-\
I have nothing against FR graphs, but they almost always produce quiet a few pages only consisting of rants and the same discussions over and over again.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #664 of 7,021
Quote:
Let the FR graph war begin :-\
I have nothing against FR graphs, but they almost always produce quiet a few pages only consisting of rants and the same discussions over and over again.

I do not want to cause a heated discussion, I in no way will argue that FR chart is all that there is for sound as I know the fit, the shape of the nozzle, how the nozzle is fitted in our ear will make a lot of other changes to the sound that can alter the perfect ideal condition under which the FR chart are measure however FR chart provide a means to a) know what kind of signature a product have and b)how are the internal structure is performing.

It is much easier to make decision with some data than with no data at all, ofcourse that is just my opinion. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #665 of 7,021
Quote:
I do not want to cause and heated discussion, I in no way will argue that FR chart is all that there is for sound as I know the fit, the shape of the nozzle, how the nozzle is fitted in our ear will make a lot of other changes to the sound that can alter the perfect ideal condition under which the FR chart are measure however FR chart provide a means to a) know what kind of signature a product have and b)how are the internal structure is performing.

It is much easier to make decision with some data than with no data at all, ofcourse that is just my opinion. 

I'm not blaming you for all the graph/anti-graph zealots out there :D
And like I said, I don't think that FR graphs are a waste of time. For me, they are at least a small hint how an IEM will sound, and that is nice to know in advance.
But people here tend to go above and beyond praising /hating on them.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #666 of 7,021
I've wanted to get the ASG-2 ever since I heard of it, it is just that cardas release date has screwed with my plans and currently I only can purchase one or another. This is why I am still on the fence on whether to risk going into the hybrid world or just stick with fully dynamic or balance armature IEM.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #667 of 7,021
Quote:
I've wanted to get the ASG-2 ever since I heard of it, it is just that cardas release date has screwed with my plans and currently I only can purchase one or another. This is why I am still on the fence on whether to risk going into the hybrid world or just stick with fully dynamic or balance armature IEM.

I don't really know what to think about the Cardas. Pretty exotic design, but hybrids are also nothing you see every day.
At it's very core, this hobby is all about making horrible decisions :D

Did anybody noticed that Musica Acustics updated their ASG-2 product page?
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

I thought the clear finish was 600$ and not 700$  :|

But you get one of these DigiZoid bass monsters for free.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #668 of 7,021
If someone can conform that their bass is on the same lever of EX-1000 with better detail and treble extension it will make my job a lot easier. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #669 of 7,021
Yeah the only thing I'm kind of afraid of is the bass.
Is it more present than with the UE TF10? (I know there won't be a SM64 comparsion anytime soon, so I picked the only other good IEM I owned)

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #671 of 7,021
Quote:
I am completely amazed by how quickly universal monitors have caught up with their custom counterparts. I bought the ES5 last year and thought it was very good but still only somewhat better than the SM3/W4. The FitEar 334 blew my mind & changed my idea of what in ears were capable of. I prefer it to my HD650 for everyday home listening.

While I am very tempted to try the 1 plus 2, I know I'll love it and then I'll have to own both. I've also recently ordered the JH13 & can only hide so many new toys from my wife.

As an aside, when I spoke to the Jerry Harvey reps at the Canlanta meet, the young lady I spoke with said they were planning to release universal versions of the JH13 and JH16 at some point. If so, that would be a particularly interesting comparison to the ASG-2. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #672 of 7,021
As an aside, when I spoke to the Jerry Harvey reps at the Canlanta meet, the young lady I spoke with said they were planning to release universal versions of the JH13 and JH16 at some point. If so, that would be a particularly interesting comparison to the ASG-2. 

Ah. She told me they had universals in the works but didn't tell me they were JH13 and 16's. Interesting. Hopefully they'll be around by the Black Friday sale. That's when I was planning to pick up the JH13 FP.

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #673 of 7,021
Quote:
I don't really know what to think about the Cardas. Pretty exotic design, but hybrids are also nothing you see every day.
At it's very core, this hobby is all about making horrible decisions :D

Did anybody noticed that Musica Acustics updated their ASG-2 product page?
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

I thought the clear finish was 600$ and not 700$  :|

But you get one of these DigiZoid bass monsters for free.

"Free"

One of the last things the ASG-2 needs is a DigiZoid ZO.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #674 of 7,021
"Free"

One of the last things the ASG-2 needs is a DigiZoid ZO.

My friend was gonna order a stealth from Dimitri until I told him the msrp is 650 not 798...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back