[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #646 of 7,021
Quote:

Wow...

The childish part of me wants to do this in Gintaras' face because of all that happened earlier...

But at the same time, my respect for Rhapsodio just went through the roof. I admit that I was harsh, but I felt it was justified because of the price of the RDB+ 2v1. Hopefully their replacement product will achieve their goal of neutrality, without sacrificing what the RDB2 did.

I've only read back the last three pages but I'm not sure how Rhapsodio taking the product off their listing vindicates your actions?

But carry on 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #647 of 7,021
Quote:

I've only read back the last three pages but I'm not sure how Rhapsodio taking the product off their listing vindicates your actions?

But carry on 
wink.gif

Then perhaps you should start here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/555#post_9518548

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #648 of 7,021
Quote:

Then perhaps you should start here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-1plus2-tg334-senn-ie800-flat-4-rdb-2v1-in-2nd-post/555#post_9518548

I'm lost. He mentions the v1 in that post unless I'm misreading something? 

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #650 of 7,021
edit:
ah, ok, you inquirewd about old posts from yesterday, ok, then keep reading

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #651 of 7,021
Quote:

Exactly. Keep reading.

I'm lazy 
ph34r.gif

Seriously though, good that the v2 (if it really was that bad) was taken down. 

Moving forward, let's hope we all get some good gear to listen to. Well...I'm going to avoid as much gear as possible 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #652 of 7,021
Quote:

I'm lazy 
ph34r.gif

Seriously though, good that the v2 (if it really was that bad) was taken down. 

Moving forward, let's hope we all get some good gear to listen to. Well...I'm going to avoid as much gear as possible 
biggrin.gif

It wasn't that bad for me, just probably too lean for most.  Now if only I can gather the ASG1, 1S, 2, RDB+ v1, 2v1, and 1plus2 for a comprehensive hybrid face-off.... 

Avoid www.Head-Fi.org would probably be more effective!

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #653 of 7,021
Quote:

It wasn't that bad for me, just probably too lean for most.  Now if only I can gather the ASG1, 1S, 2, RDB+ v1, 2v1, and 1plus2 for a comprehensive hybrid face-off.... 

Avoid www.Head-Fi.org would probably be more effective!

A full hybrid face-off would be interesting. It seems to be the new trend in high end audio. Not that I'm complaining since the ASG-2 sounds amazing and has almost exactly everything I want for around $500 in a daily driver IEM and won't completely obliterate my wallet. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #655 of 7,021
I am completely amazed by how quickly universal monitors have caught up with their custom counterparts. I bought the ES5 last year and thought it was very good but still only somewhat better than the SM3/W4. The FitEar 334 blew my mind & changed my idea of what in ears were capable of. I prefer it to my HD650 for everyday home listening.

While I am very tempted to try the 1 plus 2, I know I'll love it and then I'll have to own both. I've also recently ordered the JH13 & can only hide so many new toys from my wife.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #656 of 7,021
Quote:
I am completely amazed by how quickly universal monitors have caught up with their custom counterparts. I bought the ES5 last year and thought it was very good but still only somewhat better than the SM3/W4. The FitEar 334 blew my mind & changed my idea of what in ears were capable of. I prefer it to my HD650 for everyday home listening.

While I am very tempted to try the 1 plus 2, I know I'll love it and then I'll have to own both. I've also recently ordered the JH13 & can only hide so many new toys from my wife.

Yep, the 334 was my turning point as well.

I doubt you'll be able to avoid temptation for much longer.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #657 of 7,021
Just based on ekes review, these IEMs sound like they were made for me.
I could sell my SM64 and would almost have the money for the ASG-2 + the stupid amount of customs/taxes I would have to pay.
I'm sure I will never have the chance to demo them, which makes my whole plan a bit too risky for my taste :frowning2:

Oh this hobby gives me sleepless nights.
A SM64 vs. ASG-2 comparsion would be super helpful, or Aurisonics declaring the package as a gift :D

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #658 of 7,021
Quote:
Just based on ekes review, these IEMs sound like they were made for me.
I could sell my SM64 and would almost have the money for the ASG-2 + the stupid amount of customs/taxes I would have to pay.
I'm sure I will never have the chance to demo them, which makes my whole plan a bit too risky for my taste :frowning2:

Oh this hobby gives me sleepless nights.
A SM64 vs. ASG-2 comparsion would be super helpful, or Aurisonics declaring the package as a gift :D

AFAIK, they're in the process of ironing out a UK/EU distribution strategy. There are also several members who wouldn't hesitate to act as a proxy for you, me one of them.

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #659 of 7,021
Quote:

AFAIK, they're in the process of ironing out a UK/EU distribution strategy. There are also several members who wouldn't hesitate to act as a proxy for you, me one of them.

That is what I call good news!
First things first, I'll get myself a Fiio X3 and maybe Aurisonics will have something figured out till then.
If not, I might accept this very kind offering :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #660 of 7,021
Quote:

The FitEar 334 is very impressive indeed. When you receive your JH13, I hope you'll post your impressions here and here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back