[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 31, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #6,692 of 7,021
Ha , you managed to broke driver on 3 pairs ... Really Speechless.. nothing more to add ..

I didnt get inside and break them. Its common with these ASG and I have 8 of them,

3 2.0, 3 2.5 and 1 each of 1Plus and 1.3.

I have over 100 pairs of headphones and earphones, nothing has ever broken except these 3 and that includes fragile orthos like Audeze and Hifiman which have stories littered over Headfi on broken drivers, There are plenty of stories including jmills where he had to get the driVers fixed.

Be very careful before you accuse me of anything more.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #6,693 of 7,021
I didnt get inside and break them. Its common with these ASG and I have 8 of them,

I have over 100 pairs of headphones and earphones, nothing has ever broken except these 3 and that includes fragile orthos like Audeze and Hifiman which have stories littered over Headfi on broken drivers, There are plenty of stories including jmills where he had to get the driVers fixed.

Hey, I told you that you cannot scuba dive with any of those Aurisonics.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #6,695 of 7,021

I think I'm going to be extremely careful when dealing with all my asg 2.5 from now on . I didn't thought these aurisonics drivers are so fragile . The nozzles is what worries me the most.

Can you describe a bit more about broken driver ? You experience no sound , loss of sound , weakened sound or kind of sonically funny coming from the driver ?

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #6,697 of 7,021
Look into the Dragonfly Red. It's a very good DAC/amp that is very small and can be attached to the iPhone via a lightning CCK connector. No need to charge anything that way since it runs off of the phone's battery.

Impact audio cables will also build you a very nice looking 2 pin cable for a very affordable price, about $115 or so and Lindsay is great with answering questions. Together, both will run you about $315 or so.

Thanks, I will check them out

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #6,698 of 7,021
I think I'm going to be extremely careful when dealing with all my asg 2.5 from now on . I didn't thought these aurisonics drivers are so fragile . The nozzles is what worries me the most.

Can you describe a bit more about broken driver ? You experience no sound , loss of sound , weakened sound or kind of sonically funny coming from the driver ?

The drivers simply stop working one fine day. You can twist the cables, check the pins, clean the housing but no luck.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #6,703 of 7,021
Oct 31, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #6,705 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back