[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #5,461 of 7,021
  Hey folks 

Just noticed that the material packed into the nozzles of my ASG 2.5 seem different between the two ear pieces: 

I know what you're probably thinking: too much ear wax in one ear LOL But I'm not sure because I've never had any issue with excessive ear wax in one ear, and I've only had these new ASG 2.5s for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I took notice of the nozzles when I first got them.

Just wondering if fellow 2.5 owners have noticed anything similar with their units?

Not a 2.5 owner, but looks to me like the metal grill is missing from #1 and what you see is the filter behind it. Not sure though, since the picture is blurry.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #5,464 of 7,021
anyone have the comparison between the ASG 1.5 and the ASG 2.5? the 2.5 is near twice the price here

I have owned both. While the ASG-2.5 was a fun listen, I found the bass to be often too much, even with closed ports. Overall, I did not consider the 2.5 to deliver a lifelike presentation.

The 1 Plus offers a much more neutral signature, with realistic bass and superb vocal and instrumental timbre. Vocals, both male and female are front and center. Highs are clear and well-defined but are never harsh or sibilant. The soundstage is very immersive in both width and depth.

IMO, the 1 Plus is a great all-arounder that plays well with all music genre's. I do believe that Aurisonics responded with a fine product for those who requested an IEM with a more neutral signature than the 2.5. You might wish to check out the new thread on the ASG-1 Plus.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #5,465 of 7,021
Just for clarity's sake, the 1.5 and 1+ seem to be completely different products if i'm not mistaken. Hey Ron, can you post up a pic of your 1+? I'm curious about the finish of the phone. There's only a render on AS' site and I'm wondering whether the actual phone has that cool, sleek, glass like finish or whether it's just matte plastic. 

Also, it'd sure be great if @FlySweep could chip in with some impressions of that 1+. You know... that pair that he's had for awhile now?

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #5,466 of 7,021
Since I have the 2.5, my Fitear 335SR and my Shure 846 don't get much listening time, I managed to burn in my brain (or the IEM, don't know, I'm not a much a burning believer) and the quantity of bass doesn't bother me anymore. It might be my favorite IEM of all time. But I just get a pair of K10U, will those beat my 2.5 at the head time contest? Answer in a few weeks. I'm more and more thinking of getting the 1+ as well (after selling one of my IEM).

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #5,467 of 7,021
I'm thinking I'm going to buy the 1 Plus tonight as well.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #5,468 of 7,021
  I'm thinking I'm going to buy the 1 Plus tonight as well.

I've been digging for 1PLUS impressions everywhere but it seems like very few people have them. Look forward to your thoughts when you get them!

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #5,469 of 7,021
I have owned both. While the ASG-2.5 was a fun listen, I found the bass to be often too much, even with closed ports. Overall, I did not consider the 2.5 to deliver a lifelike presentation.

The 1 Plus offers a much more neutral signature, with realistic bass and superb vocal and instrumental timbre. Vocals, both male and female are front and center. Highs are clear and well-defined but are never harsh or sibilant. The soundstage is very immersive in both width and depth.

IMO, the 1 Plus is a great all-arounder that plays well with all music genre's. I do believe that Aurisonics responded with a fine product for those who requested an IEM with a more neutral signature than the 2.5. You might wish to check out the new thread on the ASG-1 Plus.

thank you, but wasnt the 1+ and the 1.5 totally different product? with the 1+ being hybrids and the 1.5 being dynamic drivers

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #5,470 of 7,021
  Hey folks 

Just noticed that the material packed into the nozzles of my ASG 2.5 seem different between the two ear pieces: 

I know what you're probably thinking: too much ear wax in one ear LOL But I'm not sure because I've never had any issue with excessive ear wax in one ear, and I've only had these new ASG 2.5s for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I took notice of the nozzles when I first got them.

Just wondering if fellow 2.5 owners have noticed anything similar with their units?

We'll only be able to tell once we get more glamour shots
etysmile.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #5,472 of 7,021
thank you, but wasnt the 1+ and the 1.5 totally different product? with the 1+ being hybrids and the 1.5 being dynamic drivers

Yes, they are different. The 1 Plus has an additional balanced armature in each earpiece, whereas the 1.5 has only the dynamic driver. This new 14.2 mm dynamic driver is shared by both. Earlier versions had 15 mm drivers. The 1 Plus is finished in polished black and the 1.5 has a clear frosted shell.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,473 of 7,021
I'm in the UK and am considering importing some 2.5s.

I've had various "basshead" IEMs such as XB90EX, IE80 and Hippo VB. I primarily listen to house and techno.

At this price point do the ASG offer the best bass or are there others I should also be considering? I need to emphasise that I use my Hippo VB with the bassiest plate setting, which admittedly is very bassy, just to establish what I mean by bass and by how much.

How hard do the ASGs hit from min to max on their adjustable dial?

Finally, where is the best place to buy if I'm in the UK? Import tax is estimated at £90, ouch!

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #5,475 of 7,021
Have you checked with Thoman? http://www.thomann.de/gb/aurisonics_asg_2.htm

Alternatively, I've also got a pair for sale in the FS section

Users who are viewing this thread

Back