[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Dec 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,476 of 7,021
Anyone? Or have we given up on the ASGs and moved on to the next IEM fad? :wink:

From the first post in the thread:

ASG-2 leans more toward mid-bass impact. With the bass port closed the low end is tight, very impactful, and exquisitely textured. It lends warmth to the sound without ever encroaching on the mids. However, the bass can take on a life of its own as you open the bass port. It can range from "In da club", all the way to "SOMEONE PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP THAT MADMAN!!" levels of impact and bloom. I personally keep the port closed so as to avoid waking that beast from its slumber. The mid-bass is almost too much for me, even with the port closed. I like bass, but I prefer it to remain below 60 hz as much as possible. It will definitely be too much for some.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,478 of 7,021
What in the world? If there's one the 1plus2 isn't missing, that's sub bass. That's one of the things it's know for, its bread and butter

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #5,479 of 7,021
What in the world? If there's one the 1plus2 isn't missing, that's sub bass. That's one of the things it's know for, its bread and butter

Yea definitely. For some reason, purrin's graph shows a slight beginnings of a dip in the subbass. Nothing I would call missing or rolloff. And it doesn't really (from long memory) coincide with what I heard in that region. It was a really clean extended bass.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #5,480 of 7,021
Have you checked with Thoman? http://www.thomann.de/gb/aurisonics_asg_2.htm

Alternatively, I've also got a pair for sale in the FS section

So the 2.5 bass is on a par with the 1plus2’s? I thought the sub-bass is missing in the 1plus2 (based on the measurements I've seen).

No.. My friend, the 2.5 bass is way way more than 1p2. u must like bass to like 2.5.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #5,481 of 7,021
Ive tried a few mid-high end multi ba iems and I think I've come to the conclusion that ba bass is not for me. It's ok I guess but there's just something about it that doesn't sound quite right to me. I started looking around for a hybrid and this one seems to be about the only one that's going to satisfy my low end craving. Just ordered myself a pair which should arrive tomorrow so I'm super excited!

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #5,482 of 7,021
Welcome to the club. the 2.5 are becoming my favorite high end IEM. I grabed a pair of K10U recently and while I feel they are slightly more resolving, more balanced, with better extended treble, one of the most technically impressive IEM I tried,  I use slightly more my 2.5 because of their overall naturalness and their mid range so sweet.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #5,483 of 7,021
Welcome to the club. the 2.5 are becoming my favorite high end IEM. I grabed a pair of K10U recently and while I feel they are slightly more resolving, more balanced, with better extended treble, one of the most technically impressive IEM I tried,  I use slightly more my 2.5 because of their overall naturalness and their mid range so sweet.

Is that the kaiser 10 you speak of?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #5,485 of 7,021
Yes.
etysmile.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #5,486 of 7,021

Between my IE800 and the XBA-Z5's I had, I found these to be the most natural sounding as well.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,487 of 7,021
Straight out of the box i am very impressed by the comfort, they are slightly bigger than i expected but the fit is fantastic! Eartips are very nice too, they felt a bit sticky and funny when i pulled them out but they seal extremely well, even the smallest tips seal well which is a first for me. Upon my first listen the first impression i got was how smooth they sound, no harshness, just butter from top to bottom. Bass was little light on the minimum setting so i've turned the screws a little and so far the bass boost is working very nicely with little to no effect on the mids. The bass on my se846s was good but never quite lived up to the subwoofer hype, especially out of portable devices. The bass on these sounds much more subwoofer like and the rumble from my portable devices is quite incredible, the dynamic driver definitely does a better job imo. Vocals really stand out, very smooth and natural, they don't sound too intimate nor too distant but seem to sit in just the right position to enjoy them. I especially like how the smoothness makes my sibilant tracks very listenable. The treble had me in 2 minds out of the box, it seems to tread the fine line between not enough and just right depending on the track. It does present a very non-fatiguing sound tho which i can appreciate and should be quite welcome for long listening sessions. Soundstage is also fantastic, i dont seem to get that bubble sound effect i get with other iems, the width, height and depth of the music all extend out quite naturally.
Overall very musical and enjoyable and hopefully things get even better with some burn in.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #5,488 of 7,021
  Straight out of the box i am very impressed by the comfort, they are slightly bigger than i expected but the fit is fantastic! Eartips are very nice too, they felt a bit sticky and funny when i pulled them out but they seal extremely well, even the smallest tips seal well which is a first for me. Upon my first listen the first impression i got was how smooth they sound, no harshness, just butter from top to bottom. Bass was little light on the minimum setting so i've turned the screws a little and so far the bass boost is working very nicely with little to no effect on the mids. The bass on my se846s was good but never quite lived up to the subwoofer hype, especially out of portable devices. The bass on these sounds much more subwoofer like and the rumble from my portable devices is quite incredible, the dynamic driver definitely does a better job imo. Vocals really stand out, very smooth and natural, they don't sound too intimate nor too distant but seem to sit in just the right position to enjoy them. I especially like how the smoothness makes my sibilant tracks very listenable. The treble had me in 2 minds out of the box, it seems to tread the fine line between not enough and just right depending on the track. It does present a very non-fatiguing sound tho which i can appreciate and should be quite welcome for long listening sessions. Soundstage is also fantastic, i dont seem to get that bubble sound effect i get with other iems, the width, height and depth of the music all extend out quite naturally.
Overall very musical and enjoyable and hopefully things get even better with some burn in.

Nice impressions!
ASG-2 or ASG-2.5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back