[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #5,011 of 7,021
listening on YouTube, prettyy cool. Have it in my Amazon cart, just waiting for a few more items for free shipping :xf_eek:

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #5,012 of 7,021
Got me hooked too. Just order the album on Amazon. Thank you!

I wanted to buy the digital flac version, but their facebook page said that it won't be available on bandcamp until Jan :frowning2:

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #5,013 of 7,021
  If I didn't hear the Radiolab interview (http://www.radiolab.org/story/313542-dawn-midi/) upon discovering them I would have thought it was purely digital, electronic music because of the timing and rhythm but the precision comes from the musicians playing instruments.  I look forward to their transitions and blending between songs/movements.  Cool and different, but probably not for everyone or every IEM.  I like this album on my ASG2 but not my RE-Zero.  Try it with some speakers too.  

Same here, and I think that's part of what makes it interesting to me. Good call posting the link, that's how I heard about them initially. Although I'd say there isn't a whole lot of music I find incompatible with the ASG-2, at least that I listen to (rarely listen to much large-scale classical). 

Another vastly underappreciated band you might like is Badbadnotgood. Hedron probably isn't the most representative song of the rest of their catalog, but it's not too far off, and it happens to be a fantastic track, so if you get a sec, check it out!

Got me hooked too. Just order the album on Amazon. Thank you!

Awesome, man! Hope you continue to dig it :wink:

Btw, as an aside: it looks like Aurisonics is going to attend the upcoming Music City Meet in Nashville on Sept 20th (link in my sig), so if anybody is looking for an opportunity to hear their stuff, this should be a great one. On the basis of absolutely no information whatsoever, I'm hoping they'll have the upcoming Bluetooth headsets there to try out, in addition to the ASG-2.5, Rockets, etc. And if we don't have the info on the 2-to-2.5 upgrade program by then, I'll be happy to drop a little truth serum in their coffee and wring all the details out to share with the group. Ya welcome! 

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #5,014 of 7,021
Same here, and I think that's part of what makes it interesting to me. Good call posting the link, that's how I heard about them initially. Although I'd say there isn't a whole lot of music I find incompatible with the ASG-2, at least that I listen to (rarely listen to much large-scale classical). 

Another vastly underappreciated band you might like is Badbadnotgood. Hedron probably isn't the most representative song of the rest of their catalog, but it's not too far off, and it happens to be a fantastic track, so if you get a sec, check it out!

That hedron is cool. I was listening to Radiohead Kid A before switching to it, and it felt like I didn't lose a beat!

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #5,016 of 7,021
A fantastic Canadian band at that! It's been a good day of music discovery for me in the 'ol ASG2 thread. Thanks all! All I need now are some damned ASG2's :)

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5,017 of 7,021
A fantastic Canadian band at that! It's been a good day of music discovery for me in the 'ol ASG2 thread. Thanks all! All I need now are some damned ASG2's :)

Flashing Lights if you are Kanye fan :p Blows my mind everytime I listen to it

Also this:

I might be getting some ASG-2's real soon :D :D 
I'll let you know how badly you need them when I get my pair! hehe

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #5,019 of 7,021
Funny thing is Aurisonics have not yet "officially" announce the ASG2.5 nor any details on whether will there be an upcoming upgrade programme.. Nevertheless, ASG2 is really enjoyable! The only IEM I have kept thus far..

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #5,021 of 7,021
I'm going to have to agree with you here.  I use the ASG2.5 (and previously owned 2.0) with about every genre.  I am not compelled to go higher in the food chain of IEMs.  I am interested to hear how the Rockets compares to other IEMs.  The cost of the ASG2 is enough that I don't mind having good beater pairs of IEMs around for the commute.   

Quote:

Although I'd say there isn't a whole lot of music I find incompatible with the ASG-2, at least that I listen to (rarely listen to much large-scale classical). 

Btw, as an aside: it looks like Aurisonics is going to attend the upcoming Music City Meet in Nashville on Sept 20th (link in my sig), so if anybody is looking for an opportunity to hear their stuff, this should be a great one. On the basis of absolutely no information whatsoever, I'm hoping they'll have the upcoming Bluetooth headsets there to try out, in addition to the ASG-2.5, Rockets, etc. And if we don't have the info on the 2-to-2.5 upgrade program by then, I'll be happy to drop a little truth serum in their coffee and wring all the details out to share with the group. Ya welcome! 

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #5,022 of 7,021
I have received my asg2.5s. I had a pair of asg2 with a crack in the shell. They wete bought used, but Andy from Aurisonics worked with me and made repairs for $150. Not only repaired, but upgraded to the 2 5's. I cant comment in depth on sound yet as I have not listened much yet, but brief impressions are vastly improvement to the sub bass. Same great quality too. Sounds as if mid bass has great impact, but not as much in quanity. To put #s to it if asg2 had sub bass of 2 and mid bass of 8, the new ones are close to 5+5, or a 50/50% split of sub to mid bass. And something else I cant finger yet, but it just sounds more refined. The clarity as improved, most likely due to reduction of mid bass. Other improvements are the cable, not that I had issue with the other cable. Also the tips included seem almost gel like. Now if owning asg2 im not sure the changes warrent buying asg2.5, but if they do offer upgrade program id jump all over it. Pics and more to come later

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5,023 of 7,021
I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my ASG 2.5. It will be keeping company with my ASG 1.3S!

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5,025 of 7,021
I see u have dx90 also. It really makes 2.5s sing

That is good to know. I was hoping that would be the case as my 1.3S sounds better on it than any of my other players. (I have been using the Whiplash TwAu flagship cable on my 1.3S)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back