[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #5,027 of 7,021
Wow, better than the 8.0.  That's a pretty good endorsement.  I had the 5.0 and I think the ASG2 are better suited to my likings.

Quote:
Damn I just received my ASG2, bought them used from another member... Been without them for 2 weeks or so... I missed them!!! They have definitely turned into my favorite IEMS. Heir Audio 8.0, no longer even close.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #5,028 of 7,021
It was close for a while, but the asg are more fun... the bass is significantly better. Overall sound would go to the Heir, but the bass is that good. The Heir are a bit more versatile, sound clearer, etc. That being said, if rather listen to my G2.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #5,029 of 7,021
I can't disagree about the fun and versatility of the ASG2 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
It was close for a while, but the asg are more fun... the bass is significantly better. Overall sound would go to the Heir, but the bass is that good. The Heir are a bit more versatile, sound clearer, etc. That being said, if rather listen to my G2.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #5,032 of 7,021
Enjoying these so far :) Atmosphere is one word that sums these IEM's up.

However I'm finding some songs to be crazy sibilant, any ways to cut it down?

Try hier tips, was where it was at for me. Can't say it's going reduce sibilance but it should sound pretty awesome. :wink: Maybe after my S5 review I can lend you my C3 for a week to test with ASG-2.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #5,033 of 7,021
Try hier tips, was where it was at for me. Can't say it's going reduce sibilance but it should sound pretty awesome.
wink.gif
Maybe after my S5 review I can lend you my C3 for a week to test with ASG-2.

That would be great! :) Always looking for an upgrade over my lowly Samsung S3, I've always wondered how much of a diff an audiophile DAP can make
Oohhhh, Heir tips should've tried that out earlier, they are comfortably attached to my Ostrys atm (which are not with me now)

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #5,034 of 7,021
Today I just realised that a small portion of the underside of one of my stealth asg-2's has been left unpainted. Took me a long while to spot it since the clear plastic underneath appears close to black too. Should I return my asg's? Afterall I did pay an extra 200SGD for that black paint...

I'm not one to nitpick, but they have balls to charge that much for paint. Yes, return it. That was the biggest turn off for me with them, charging all that extra money for paint... ridiculous. You paid for it, they need to deliver it

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #5,035 of 7,021
Try hier tips, was where it was at for me. Can't say it's going reduce sibilance but it should sound pretty awesome.
wink.gif
Maybe after my S5 review I can lend you my C3 for a week to test with ASG-2.

OK, Yessss, this is what I wanted Heir Audio tips really smooth everything out - it's near-ideal now :D Loving them like crazy now.
I'm going to hit up some Ortofon tips to see if they bring them out even further
(Oh… and replace that cable)

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #5,038 of 7,021
  OK, Yessss, this is what I wanted Heir Audio tips really smooth everything out - it's near-ideal now :D Loving them like crazy now.
I'm going to hit up some Ortofon tips to see if they bring them out even further

Yep. I use Heir tips on quite a few earphones including RDB Mini, they add that slight boost to the upper mids and brighten overall tonality a fraction.

I also did a mod so they could be used on Westone 3,4.

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #5,039 of 7,021

Yep. I use Heir tips on quite a few earphones including RDB Mini, they add that slight boost to the upper mids and brighten overall tonality a fraction.

I also did a mod so they could be used on Westone 3,4.

How about bass? Lesser bass? If so, they could be keepers. Otherwise it sounds like the newer hybrids but they have really strong bass.

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #5,040 of 7,021
How about bass? Lesser bass? If so, they could be keepers. Otherwise it sounds like the newer hybrids but they have really strong bass.

Well the walls are quite thin, they seal on the outer edge of your canal (shallow) rather than deep inside so the seal is rather light.

Spent $4 and find out: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156

Can also be found in separate sizes down this page: http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImtleXdvcmRzIjtzOjQ6InRpcHMiO3M6MToieCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE6InkiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxODoic2VhcmNoX2VuY29kZV90aW1lIjtpOjE0MDUyNTE4MDA7fQ==

Or on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-S-M-L-Replacement-Earbuds-tips-for-Philips-UE-In-Ear-Earphones-/251455352309?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a8be82df5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back