[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #3,782 of 7,021
That first page is getting quite epic, Eke. Great ongoing work, and it really is becoming a hugely useful tool.

Now then, curses! ...cause you make me want to get hold of the Fischers... I've been thinking about it anyway lately, and I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3,783 of 7,021
I'm almost ready to say Fischers here I come. But I still need to give the borrowed CK100pro another try and then save up some money. But from what I've heard of the CK100pros and from what I've read about the FA-4E they should fit me way better. Thanks again Eke for your passionate and personal writings.

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #3,784 of 7,021
Flat-ish? I definitely hear it as U shaped. Hyped up bass and treble.

True, but I don't think the FA-4 will be different enough.

That first page is getting quite epic, Eke. Great ongoing work, and it really is becoming a hugely useful tool.

Now then, curses! ...cause you make me want to get hold of the Fischers... I've been thinking about it anyway lately, and I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time. 

beerchug.gif

It's definitely worth it. And the price is far from prohibitive.

I'm almost ready to say Fischers here I come. But I still need to give the borrowed CK100pro another try and then save up some money. But from what I've heard of the CK100pros and from what I've read about the FA-4E they should fit me way better. Thanks again Eke for your passionate and personal writings.

Really? What did you think of the CK100? I never got to ask you.

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #3,785 of 7,021
Hmm the FA-4E looks pretty nice. More forward upper mids than the F111 puts it at ER4S (stock filters) levels. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the 6.5k treble emphasis. That can be a dangerous area for sibilance and harsh treble in general.

Eke I thought the F111 would be more to your liking, but it seems maybe a little too focused on mids and not sub-bass and treble. I've got a feeling you wouldn't like the ER4S very much... Its less warm but more mids and treble.

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #3,786 of 7,021
gnarlsagan just trying this probably useless new @ thing.

Eke is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside of an enigma surrounded by a Piano Forte shell.

The real question is, Mr. Owl...

Edit: Yup, more useless than I thought. I'll wait for hashtags. :rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #3,787 of 7,021
Hmm the FA-4E looks pretty nice. More forward upper mids than the F111 puts it at ER4S (stock filters) levels. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the 6.5k treble emphasis. That can be a dangerous area for sibilance and harsh treble in general.

Eke I thought the F111 would be more to your liking, but it seems maybe a little too focused on mids and not sub-bass and treble. I've got a feeling you wouldn't like the ER4S very much... Its less warm but more mids and treble.

But the ER-4S bass may be its strongest aspect (at least to me). It's amazingly detailed and textured. Mids are pretty transparent too.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #3,788 of 7,021

Hm, I actually find the F111's mids to be much more forward. Maybe I need to reword that sentence 
biggrin.gif

FWIW, I find the HF5 to be much more agreeable than the F111, I dunno man, it's just the way it presents the mids. If you're going to have something so in your face, why not make it clear and uncolored. Maybe it has something to do with the fancy horn design.

I haven't heard any major sibilance yet, even with more energetic songs. 

I might actually have a go with the ER4S in the coming days. I'll add it to the thread too if all goes well.

Eke is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside of an enigma surrounded by a Piano Forte shell.

And it's a shame, because I was told to be the opposite 
smily_headphones1.gif

But the ER-4S bass may be its strongest aspect (at least to me). It's amazingly detailed and textured. Mids are pretty transparent too.

I also really liked the HF5's bass. And I hear the ER4S' treble is actually more refined than that of the HF5, which I don't think is possible. I'm just looking forward to it.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #3,790 of 7,021
Now we eagerly await your review of all those in ears you have.

Yes, hope to write something eventually.

But Eke does such a good job already
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3,791 of 7,021

Yes, hope to write something eventually.

But Eke does such a good job already
bigsmile_face.gif

More opinions are always better 
L3000.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #3,793 of 7,021
Hm, I actually find the F111's mids to be much more forward. Maybe I need to reword that sentence :D

FWIW, I find the HF5 to be much more agreeable than the F111, I dunno man, it's just the way it presents the mids. If you're going to have something so in your face, why not make it clear and uncolored. Maybe it has something to do with the fancy horn design.

I haven't heard any major sibilance yet, even with more energetic songs. 

I might actually have a go with the ER4S in the coming days. I'll add it to the thread too if all goes well.

And it's a shame, because I was told to be the opposite :)

I also really liked the HF5's bass. And I hear the ER4S' treble is actually more refined than that of the HF5, which I don't think is possible. I'm just looking forward to it.

Ah okay I see what you're saying. The F111 can sound a little warm, but for the most part I think I just hear it differently. I find it to have more 3D imaging vs the ER4S for example. Our old friend sparrow (RIP) actually wasn't at all impressed with the F111, but then went on to love the ER4S. Go figure. They're different but not drastically different, but I think maybe DF tuning hits a sweet spot where everything comes together, and too much deviation can take away from convincing tonality and presentation. That and fit consistency pretty much sucks with the F111.

The treble is pretty darn good too but the k3k takes the cake for that.

I'll believe it when I hear it. :p

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3,795 of 7,021
Ah okay I see what you're saying. The F111 can sound a little warm, but for the most part I think I just hear it differently. I find it to have more 3D imaging vs the ER4S for example. Our old friend sparrow (RIP) actually wasn't at all impressed with the F111, but then went on to love the ER4S. Go figure. They're different but not drastically different, but I think maybe DF tuning hits a sweet spot where everything comes together, and too much deviation can take away from convincing tonality and presentation. That and fit consistency pretty much sucks with the F111.

It's a strange tuning to my ears, alright 
biggrin.gif

Great review and comparison!!
smily_headphones1.gif

The fa 4e aren't really that good
tongue.gif

Really nice impressions though

Liked the dry gin baileys passage

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back