[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 6, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #3,751 of 7,021
I'd like to hear this FA-4E now lol. Looks like the music man may have been onto something.

Anyways, I thought this sounded particularly nice when it came up on my G2 out of the 5S. An oldie but a goodie:

IMMACULATE..... i mean the song 
L3000.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #3,752 of 7,021
and since we are talking classics today here is another masterpiece from amazing performer:

and here is Brian Ferry with the same for those who do not like blues version:

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,757 of 7,021
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,759 of 7,021
Got the EM5813's in the mail today. Out of the box, I've listened to them for an hour so far and used auvio tips. I have mixed impressions so far. Sometimes the highs are too recessed, the vocals too hollow, and the bass too much. On the other hand, sometimes the highs are right where they need to be, vocals sound rich and natural, and the bass doesn't dominate the sound. I think the ear mirrors need some more polishing! I'll let them burn in. Someone mentioned that they need 100 hours of burn in. I'll give it a shot an hear what happens and I'll also try a bunch of other tips out. I've never had an experience with an iem where some songs sound so wrong and other songs sound just right. Weird.

Has anyone tried the RHA MA750's yet? I know they are not totl but I'm simply astounded by them. It has the ability to engage and immerse me into the music with ease.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #3,760 of 7,021
Guess that means 'you have the ear-canals of a dummy head'  
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

beerchug.gif

Yeah, I was pretty surprised how well the graphs matched up with how I head them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,761 of 7,021
  Got the EM5813's in the mail today. Out of the box, I've listened to them for an hour so far and used auvio tips. I have mixed impressions so far. Sometimes the highs are too recessed, the vocals too hollow, and the bass too much. On the other hand, sometimes the highs are right where they need to be, vocals sound rich and natural, and the bass doesn't dominate the sound. I think the ear mirrors need some more polishing! I'll let them burn in. Someone mentioned that they need 100 hours of burn in. I'll give it a shot an hear what happens and I'll also try a bunch of other tips out. I've never had an experience with an iem where some songs sound so wrong and other songs sound just right. Weird.

Has anyone tried the RHA MA750's yet? I know they are not totl but I'm simply astounded by them. It has the ability to engage and immerse me into the music with ease.

Love the MA750i (love the DN-1000 more). As for the Cardas, the bass will lessen with burn-in. And for my ears, a single flange silicon tip with the widest bore you I could find works best. I generally go from UE900 to TF10 to AF56 tips (using the Audiofly tips right now).

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3,764 of 7,021
Sorry for the delay on the FA-4 review guys. Midterms

Good luck with your midterms, review can wait.  
Cheers  

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,765 of 7,021

Love the MA750i (love the DN-1000 more). As for the Cardas, the bass will lessen with burn-in. And for my ears, a single flange silicon tip with the widest bore you I could find works best. I generally go from UE900 to TF10 to AF56 tips (using the Audiofly tips right now).

The MA750 is an unexpected surprise. I let the Cardas burn in overnight and did some comparing with the MA750. I still need some more time with the Cardas but so far I like the MA750 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back