Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #228 of 418
Any update to potentially making some preset EQ for A&K players now that they support the ability to save and export EQ settings? Thanks!
We are busy with few other projects but we will reach out to them at some point. You could help us too by contacting AK to see if they will work with us. Request from customers will encourage them.

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #229 of 418
We are busy with few other projects but we will reach out to them at some point. You could help us too by contacting AK to see if they will work with us. Request from customers will encourage them.
I don't think it's anything that needs interaction on their part because it's all user generated. The players just have the ability to load someone else's EQ curves. So if you (or me even, except I have no idea what I'm doing, haha) developed an EQ curve for LCD-4z on an A&K player, that file can be exported and shared. No input/interaction from A&K needed. It's just a function of their OS now.

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #230 of 418
I don't think it's anything that needs interaction on their part because it's all user generated. The players just have the ability to load someone else's EQ curves. So if you (or me even, except I have no idea what I'm doing, haha) developed an EQ curve for LCD-4z on an A&K player, that file can be exported and shared. No input/interaction from A&K needed. It's just a function of their OS now.
Ha good to know. What are the models that support this feature?

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #231 of 418
Ha good to know. What are the models that support this feature?
Well, I only care about KANN CUBE and SR15 because that's what I have, so start there. JK :) Looking at firmware notes, appear the following players support shareable EQ:

• SR15
  • SE100
  • KANN CUBE
  • SP1000
  • SP1000M

SP2000 might have it by default since it's just coming out and this feature was enabled starting in June. @JasonNYC can you confirm? Also, say someone was to create one EQ for a particular headphone, would that setting be good for all players? Or there are enough differences that a setting for each player is warranted? Thanks to you both.

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #232 of 418
Well, I only care about KANN CUBE and SR15 because that's what I have, so start there. JK :) Looking at firmware notes, appear the following players support shareable EQ:

• SR15
  • SE100
  • KANN CUBE
  • SP1000
  • SP1000M

SP2000 might have it by default since it's just coming out and this feature was enabled starting in June. @JasonNYC can you confirm? Also, say someone was to create one EQ for a particular headphone, would that setting be good for all players? Or there are enough differences that a setting for each player is warranted? Thanks to you both.
Confirmed the SP2000 has the EQ share feature.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 8, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #233 of 418

• SR15
  • SE100
  • KANN CUBE
  • SP1000
  • SP1000M

Thanks for looping Jason. I have reached out and we will be working with A&K to provide presets.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #234 of 418

wait does this work with stuff like the Orratory curves?

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #236 of 418
Recently installed Reveal using JRiver only way I could get it to work was putting the plugin directly into JRivers plugin folder myself. Installing the reveal program doesn't really do anything ?

Anyway I normally hate EQ'ing but reveal is an awesome alternative. I like the way these new LCD2F sound with it A LOT !

Please keep updating so things stay current.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #237 of 418
Hi @KMann , wanted to bring an issue with the Reveal plugin to your attention. I'm using the plugin & an Audeze LCDi4 on an iMAC playing Qobuz through Audirvana.

On certain songs I can clearly hear distortion that seems to be caused by the Reveal. I'll post the songs below for you to research but once I noticed it I tried the same songs with other headphones (HD800, LCD3, Focal Utopia) and didn't notice the same background distortion. Once I turned off the Reveal, the distortion was gone on the LCDi4.

To make sure it wasn't just the Audirvana software, I tried the same test with the same songs through the Qobuz desktop app but putting the sound through Reveal in MenuBUS. I experienced the same distortion. Turning the mix to 50% wet tamed down the distortion a tiny bit but it was still audible. I also streamed (through Audirvana) the same songs to a upnp renderer with a different dac/amp combo just to make sure it wasn't my desktop setup and I go the same distortion when the Reveal software was enabled.

I also tried the same songs with the Cipher cable using Qobuz on my iPhone and there was no audible distortion.

The songs that I noticed it on are:

Blood by Allison Moorer - about 2 minutes into the song
Can't Stand it by Wilco - about a minute and 10 seconds into the song

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #238 of 418
Hi @KMann , wanted to bring an issue with the Reveal plugin to your attention. I'm using the plugin & an Audeze LCDi4 on an iMAC playing Qobuz through Audirvana.

On certain songs I can clearly hear distortion that seems to be caused by the Reveal. I'll post the songs below for you to research but once I noticed it I tried the same songs with other headphones (HD800, LCD3, Focal Utopia) and didn't notice the same background distortion. Once I turned off the Reveal, the distortion was gone on the LCDi4.

To make sure it wasn't just the Audirvana software, I tried the same test with the same songs through the Qobuz desktop app but putting the sound through Reveal in MenuBUS. I experienced the same distortion. Turning the mix to 50% wet tamed down the distortion a tiny bit but it was still audible. I also streamed (through Audirvana) the same songs to a upnp renderer with a different dac/amp combo just to make sure it wasn't my desktop setup and I go the same distortion when the Reveal software was enabled.

I also tried the same songs with the Cipher cable using Qobuz on my iPhone and there was no audible distortion.

The songs that I noticed it on are:

Blood by Allison Moorer - about 2 minutes into the song
Can't Stand it by Wilco - about a minute and 10 seconds into the song

Please let me know if you need any additional information.
The presets within Reveal do not inherently cause distortion but can cause digital clipping on some louder passages, this is true to most DSP effects. The best way to mitigate it is to use the gain knob we provided for Reveal plugin and bring it down by 3dB - 6dB (i.e set it to -3dB to -6dB) till you do not hear the distortion . The gain knob is provided for this exact scenario. You can increase the volume on your DAC/Amp to compensate for the slight loss of volume.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #239 of 418
The presets within Reveal do not inherently cause distortion but can cause digital clipping on some louder passages, this is true to most DSP effects. The best way to mitigate it is to use the gain knob we provided for Reveal plugin and bring it down by 3dB - 6dB (i.e set it to -3dB to -6dB) till you do not hear the distortion . The gain knob is provided for this exact scenario. You can increase the volume on your DAC/Amp to compensate for the slight loss of volume.
That seems to help. Thanks.

With the newest version, is there a way to save the presets for each Audeze headphone. It appears that isn't working on the version (11.2) I'm using.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #240 of 418
Please refer my post (#2500) here for PEQ settings, use EQ V2 for iSine 20. Filters 1 and 10 are high shelf. You may have to play with the slope of filters 1 and 10 to better match the graphs depending on the app. You can increase the slope of filter 1 up to 1 if you want the bass to be tighter. You can drop filters 3, 7 and 10 if you are limited to 6 band.

This 6-band setting from V2 sounds much better than V1. Is V1 actually more suitable for other earphones rather than isine20? Also one thing I do not understand is that why is dropping filter 10 instead of filter 6 a better choice? It seems that filter 10 is more important because it has a larger value of gain (5.39 db), but using filter 6 (1.5 db gain) instead of filter 10 does sound better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back