Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Dec 23, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #241 of 418
This 6-band setting from V2 sounds much better than V1. Is V1 actually more suitable for other earphones rather than isine20? Also one thing I do not understand is that why is dropping filter 10 instead of filter 6 a better choice? It seems that filter 10 is more important because it has a larger value of gain (5.39 db), but using filter 6 (1.5 db gain) instead of filter 10 does sound better.

V1 was desinged for iSine10/Lx while v2 was for iSine20

The filter 10 affects air frequencies while the 6 affects upper mids/lower treble. Assuming most iSine10/20 users are above the age of 30, one is more likely to be sensitive to upper-mids than the air frequency. But there is no right or wrong, you can use either and also adjust the gain to see what suits you better.

Being an open headphone, it also depends on where you use it. If you are on a walk or not a very quite place, boosting the bass and upper mids will have more benefit than boosting the air frequencies The later is more likely to be less important under noisy conditions.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #242 of 418

The filter 10 affects air frequencies while the 6 affects upper mids/lower treble. Assuming most iSine10/20 users are above the age of 30, one is more likely to be sensitive to upper-mids than the air frequency. But there is no right or wrong, you can use either and also adjust the gain to see what suits you better.

Being an open headphone, it also depends on where you use it. If you are on a walk or not a very quite place, boosting the bass and upper mids will have more benefit than boosting the air frequencies The later is more likely to be less important under noisy conditions.

I see, thanks for your detailed explanation!

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #243 of 418

I tried filter 10 at a quieter place and noticed that it gives significantly more detail! So I also want to keep it by dropping another filter. I notice that filter 8 has both a small gain (-1.14db) and a large q factor (5.76), which should have very limited impact alone. Is it important for the curve overall? Does it also have a specific effect like filter 10 and 6, or is it a compensation for the effect of other filters?

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #244 of 418
I tried filter 10 at a quieter place and noticed that it gives significantly more detail! So I also want to keep it by dropping another filter. I notice that filter 8 has both a small gain (-1.14db) and a large q factor (5.76), which should have very limited impact alone. Is it important for the curve overall? Does it also have a specific effect like filter 10 and 6, or is it a compensation for the effect of other filters?
Yes dropping filter 8 is an option too, it is there to support the filter at 10kHz.

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #245 of 418
I just updated to a new laptop with a 4K screen and running the 64-bit vst of Reveal + inside of J River (23) and the view of the plug-in is very small. Is there a way to resize the plug-in or do I need to install a different version of the vst?

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #246 of 418
I just updated to a new laptop with a 4K screen and running the 64-bit vst of Reveal + inside of J River (23) and the view of the plug-in is very small. Is there a way to resize the plug-in or do I need to install a different version of the vst?
Right now the plugin is not resizable. I too use a 4k monitor and understand what you mean. In the mean time you could change the display setting change the scale.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #247 of 418
@KMann Should i use Linear or low latency filter for lcd4? What is the difference in sound?

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #248 of 418
@KMann Should i use Linear or low latency filter for lcd4? What is the difference in sound?
I assume you are referring to Roon not Reveal+, for music listing I will recommend linear for all headphones. We use relatively long filters, they are clearer and image better than low latency filters. With the linear filters, the downside (compared to low latency filter) is play back takes a few seconds to start, the linear filters are much more processor intensive as they are long and may not be suitable if you are upsampling to DSD rates in Roon,

Jan 31, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #249 of 418
Hi @KMann , how come I can't save the individual presets for each of the Audeze headphones I own and bring them up again? For example, at one time I had a separate preset for my LCD2-CB and LCD3 which I was able to select between on the right side. Now it seems that Reveal only remembers the current setting.

Are the saved presets now a paid feature?

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #250 of 418
Hi @KMann , how come I can't save the individual presets for each of the Audeze headphones I own and bring them up again? For example, at one time I had a separate preset for my LCD2-CB and LCD3 which I was able to select between on the right side. Now it seems that Reveal only remembers the current setting.

Are the saved presets now a paid feature?
I do not quite understand you question, if you are missing a feature you had that you do not see any more, it was not intentional. We had recently switched the development team when we added the Aural Map. It is possible that some behavior changed., we will try to remedy it if you provide more information.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #251 of 418
See the presets that I had saved on the right. The application no longer allows me to click on one and pull it up. When I click on LCD-3, nothing happens. It used to pull it up.
I have to set up and configure a headphone and settings (Mix & Gain) every time I use the app.
The presets don't seem to work on this version.

upload_2020-1-31_12-18-29.png

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #252 of 418
See the presets that I had saved on the right. The application no longer allows me to click on one and pull it up. When I click on LCD-3, nothing happens. It used to pull it up.
I have to set up and configure a headphone and settings (Mix & Gain) every time I use the app.
The presets don't seem to work on this version.

To eliminate the application being the possible cause,
1. Has the host application been updated recently
2. Does reverting to the older Reveal plugin solve the problem?

What host application areyou using?

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #253 of 418
To eliminate the application being the possible cause,
1. Has the host application been updated recently
2. Does reverting to the older Reveal plugin solve the problem?

What host application areyou using?
I was using Audirvana as the host application. It also wasn't working in MenuBus but that app isn't supported any longer so lets not go there.
I downloaded the legacy version and it works - I was able to save and pull up the past presets including some of the ones I created prior to upgrading to the latest.

Is there any reason to upgrade to the newest version if I'm not interested in the Aural Mapping?

Thanks for your help.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #254 of 418
I was using Audirvana as the host application. It also wasn't working in MenuBus but that app isn't supported any longer so lets not go there.
I downloaded the legacy version and it works - I was able to save and pull up the past presets including some of the ones I created prior to upgrading to the latest.

Is there any reason to upgrade to the newest version if I'm not interested in the Aural Mapping?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the help, I will pass it on to the developers.

We will not support the legacy version going forward, so there won't be any new presets nor will ther be any help with software or OS related troubleshooting. Right now if you are interested only in the presets, the legacy version is missing the preset for LCD-1. We plan to add linear presets to Reveal+ (similar to Roon presets). Those will not be available in the legacy version. The linear presets will also be available at no cost.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #255 of 418
Thanks for the help, I will pass it on to the developers.

We will not support the legacy version going forward, so there won't be any new presets nor will ther be any help with software or OS related troubleshooting. Right now if you are interested only in the presets, the legacy version is missing the preset for LCD-1. We plan to add linear presets to Reveal+ (similar to Roon presets). Those will not be available in the legacy version. The linear presets will also be available at no cost.

Thanks. Would be great if you could pass on that pulling up saved presets doesn't work within Audirvana on the latest version.
I downloaded another tool that allows for the Reveal Effect and just like on MenuBus, the presets on the legacy version don't show up. It only does in Audirvana. I wonder if that is exclusive to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back