Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Sep 2, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #211 of 418
Thank you SilverEars !
Can you possibly show me a graph with the exact (settings/ values) of the LCD-2 Fazor ?
So which exact frequencies are processed in this model of EQ? (I believe in your example, the LCD4i is displayed)

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #212 of 418
Thank you SilverEars !
Can you possibly show me a graph with the exact (settings/ values) of the LCD-2 Fazor ?
So which exact frequencies are processed in this model of EQ? (I believe in your example, the LCD4i is displayed)
It's better to just download APO EQ, and open up the Reveal dll and look through them. I'm trying to figure out how I can further change the EQ. These EQ are generalized, and not suited particular to driver variances (or it will not correct it so precisely due to driver variances).

lcd2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #214 of 418
That's great ! so i can do some settings in my Fab Filter pro Q2 for comparison. i think it matches the frequency response of my serial too. :wink:
Something all should be aware of is that, EQ doesn't mean the driver will respond just like the EQ is shown on the software. You have to verify with measurements to see if the driver is indeed responding as intended from the EQ in the software. This is where a personal measurement rig comes in handy.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #216 of 418
Something all should be aware of is that, EQ doesn't mean the driver will respond just like the EQ is shown on the software. You have to verify with measurements to see if the driver is indeed responding as intended from the EQ in the software. This is where a personal measurement rig comes in handy.
While that is generally true with any transducer, if the transducer is truly linear with very low distortion, 'What you See Is What You Get' I am confident that all our headphones will respond linearly and we have seen it in numerous measurements. Of course you don't have to take my word for it and measure. That said do watch out for digital clipping and adjust gain accordingly. Also make sure the seal is good.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #217 of 418
A restart may help if you have not tried it already. I am on Jriver 24. This is what I see
I have no idea why it will not list me the Jriver driver. Jriver driver shows up under windows sound menu, but the ASIO Bridge will not list it. I am using windows 10, and wondering if there is a version for windows 10, because during install, it would say OS:Windows 8.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #218 of 418
I have no idea why it will not list me the Jriver driver. Jriver driver shows up under windows sound menu, but the ASIO Bridge will not list it. I am using windows 10, and wondering if there is a version for windows 10, because during install, it would say OS:Windows 8.
Perhaps try opening it in admin mode and/or in Win 8 compatibility mode.

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #219 of 418
KMann is right. I think all LCD-2 Fazor ( of cause same driver built / i have the newest upgrade/driver exchange) models are pretty much equal to the frequency response. Thus, you can quite easily add reveal, or another parametric EQ to flatten the little "dips" smoothly.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #220 of 418
Question about the Gain control
in most EQs you have to lower the input or output gain to compensate the "raise" of frequency-gain. in most cases it's better only to lower the desired or "peaking" frequencies.
at the end of a plugin-chain most Limiters (or the last device) is almost set to a amount of -0.3 - 0,1dB to prevent intersample or digital Peaks (Overs)
How is this realized in the Audeze reveal plugin?

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #221 of 418
Question about the Gain control
in most EQs you have to lower the input or output gain to compensate the "raise" of frequency-gain. in most cases it's better only to lower the desired or "peaking" frequencies.
at the end of a plugin-chain most Limiters (or the last device) is almost set to a amount of -0.3 - 0,1dB to prevent intersample or digital Peaks (Overs)
How is this realized in the Audeze reveal plugin?
The gain is normalized so that when a preset engaged, you do not sense a decrease or increase in loudness. But it does not guarantee that there will be no clipping. We did not want to reduce the gain as it would decrease headroom and also depending on the type and quality of the tracks, there may be no clipping. Applying a gain of -3dB using the gain dial would prevent clipping if you want to be absolutely sure.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #222 of 418
Ok, thank you KMann !
One last question about the "matching" of the "eq curve-type" of LCD-2 model in Reveal
-there is only one setting for "LCD-2 Over Ear Headphone"
My LCD-2 Fazor from Mid 2014 underwent a matched-driver exchange in late 2018
i noticed a slight changing in sound, and Audeze confirmed a little "enhancement" coming with the newest Driver-Update.
So we have older LDC-2 pre Fazor, Rev2.2 pre Fazor , Fazor 1. Gen , latest 2016>Past Fazor Drivers... so for what LCD-2-version did Audeze programmed the Reveals's algorithm exactly ?
If there are differences in the driver-matching since the first LCD-2 there must be a changing in the Reveal's LCD-2 curves ?!
thank you in advance !

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #223 of 418
Ok, thank you KMann !
One last question about the "matching" of the "eq curve-type" of LCD-2 model in Reveal
-there is only one setting for "LCD-2 Over Ear Headphone"
My LCD-2 Fazor from Mid 2014 underwent a matched-driver exchange in late 2018
i noticed a slight changing in sound, and Audeze confirmed a little "enhancement" coming with the newest Driver-Update.
So we have older LDC-2 pre Fazor, Rev2.2 pre Fazor , Fazor 1. Gen , latest 2016>Past Fazor Drivers... so for what LCD-2-version did Audeze programmed the Reveals's algorithm exactly ?
If there are differences in the driver-matching since the first LCD-2 there must be a changing in the Reveal's LCD-2 curves ?!
thank you in advance !
We used current production samples for the presets. If you have a LCD-2 Fazor > 2016, the LCD-2 preset is right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back