Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Apr 21, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #182 of 418
Reveal is a PC/Mac plugin, not an app so it is not compatible with iOs or Android.

If you want to use reveal with Tidal (app) on PC, you can use Equalizer APO and add Reveal plugin to it

On Mac to use with Tidal App, use AudioHijack or Menubus, then add Reveal. You can also try A+ for Mac that supports AU plugin.

Roon is another option and has Audeze presets built in.

You can search this thread to find more about the above.
Hi, new user here. Im enjoying these plugins with my LCD2C on windows, the thing is, im planning on buying LCDi4 to have a portable HP and i have an android phone. I read that Roon supports the plugin, is it available for android?, does Roon supports the plugin on iphone/ipad or only on Mac?
Is there any portable way to make it work on android phones? (like buying a portable DAC thats compatible)
I would love to have 10 band equalizer settings for LCD2C and LCDi4 so i can at least mimic the plugin on android
Are there any parametric eq settings for these models?
Anyone selling LCDi4? :wink:

Thanks

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #183 of 418
Hi, new user here. Im enjoying these plugins with my LCD2C on windows, the thing is, im planning on buying LCDi4 to have a portable HP and i have an android phone. I read that Roon supports the plugin, is it available for android?, does Roon supports the plugin on iphone/ipad or only on Mac?
Is there any portable way to make it work on android phones? (like buying a portable DAC thats compatible)
I would love to have 10 band equalizer settings for LCD2C and LCDi4 so i can at least mimic the plugin on android
Are there any parametric eq settings for these models?
Anyone selling LCDi4? :wink:

Thanks
There is No Android version of the plugin, but you can use Roon on android with the Audeze presets in Roon.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #184 of 418
There is No Android version of the plugin, but you can use Roon on android with the Audeze presets in Roon.
Ok, I'm not familiar with Roon app or software. I know you can use reveal settings with Roon, I checked their site and it appears that when using mobile devices, it streams the content from a "core". Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I need to know is if Roon would play music files directly from my Android phone with the reveal setting enabled.
It's useless for me to stream anything from my pc or a server if Im not on wifi (which is my intended use)
When I'm on my home I use Jriver which I find it's very good and it's cheaper than Roon.
I would consider buying Roon if it plays the files directly from my phone.

Thanks

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #186 of 418
@KMann Roon upscales to 64 bit and then back down to 32 bit when applying the Audeze presets. Can I use the Reveal App instead to avoid this extra processing? Most high end dac manufacturers recommend using bit perfect streams and not upscaling through Roon or MQA before sending to the DAC.

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #187 of 418
@KMann Roon upscales to 64 bit and then back down to 32 bit when applying the Audeze presets. Can I use the Reveal App instead to avoid this extra processing? Most high end dac manufacturers recommend using bit perfect streams and not upscaling through Roon or MQA before sending to the DAC.

• Firstly once you apply DSP, it is no longer bit perfect, DSP by definition modifies the signal and does not preserve the 'bits'.
  • Tonal changes through presets have far more profound effect on our perception of music in comparison to any relatively subtle effect the DSP can have on DAC's processing.
  • Conversion from 24 bit or 16 bit to 64 bit by the DSP engine and then back to 24 bit or 32 bit (depending on the DAC) is not the same as upsampling (which changes the sampling rate). The bit-depth conversion is a necessary step to allow DSP computations to happen at a much higher resolution so that signal fidelity is preserved without causing loss of precision.
  • The Audeze presets are designed to operate at all PCM rates without requiring a sample rate conversion, they do not alter the bandwidth of the signal.
  • If you use the Linear presets, from my experience and listening, the presets remain transparent (and that is what they were designed for).
  • I use Chord DAVE + Chord Hugo M Scalar along with the linear presets and I do not hear any change in transparency/depth perception/resolution when I use the linear presets. The Chord DACS, from my experience are quite revealing to any DSP done upstream.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #188 of 418
Looks like the latest firmware from Astell & Kern will support custom EQ for headphones. It this something Audeze could support?

• EQ Sync Function - ability to save and export EQ settings and share with others. Ability to import custom EQ settings. Headphone manufacturers can also release customized EQ settings to match their headphones to our players.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #189 of 418
Looks like the latest firmware from Astell & Kern will support custom EQ for headphones. It this something Audeze could support?

• EQ Sync Function - ability to save and export EQ settings and share with others. Ability to import custom EQ settings. Headphone manufacturers can also release customized EQ settings to match their headphones to our players.
@KMann

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 29, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #190 of 418
I gave AUDEZE Reveal a try using OSX Audirvana (latest version) all works as it should, but for the life of me I can't decern any differences btw DRY and WET settings (gains works obviously), I have LCD-X and LCD2-C and using the first track of The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc which contains plenty of cymbals and drums among other instruments, in my system I can't hear any differences. :triportsad: Maybe I'm getting told old for that hobby. :L3000:

AYRE CODEX
AUDEZE LCD-X
AUDEZE LCD2-C

Jun 30, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #191 of 418
hey anyone found a way to run this on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina? I was using MenuBus but its discontinued and I don't think its 64bit. I know I can get it going with Roon but I am not ready to make that purchase yet. Would be nice to find a way to run it free, something Menubus but 64bit.

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #194 of 418
I gave AUDEZE Reveal a try using OSX Audirvana (latest version) all works as it should, but for the life of me I can't decern any differences btw DRY and WET settings (gains works obviously), I have LCD-X and LCD2-C and using the first track of The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc which contains plenty of cymbals and drums among other instruments, in my system I can't hear any differences. :triportsad: Maybe I'm getting told old for that hobby. :L3000:
Turn it it all the way to 100% Wet. We make subtle changes only as they are already close to neutral and all the changes are in the audible range below 10kHz :) . Whether or not you notice a change will depend on the type of music, but look for slight increase in Bass (to match speakers in the room) and also look for changes in the upper mid-range/lower treble region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back