Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Jul 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #196 of 418
yep I saw that. I am hoping to find something free.
you can still grab the free version of menuBUS here, but it's no longer developed or supported (including documentation--you'll have to click around until you figure out how to route your audio through an AU) because the dev now works for the company behind SoundSource.

that being said, i did the free trial of SoundSource and liked it enough that i wound up purchasing the full thing. if nothing else, i appreciate having all that functionality in a single window pane that's quick to access.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #197 of 418
you can still grab the free version of menuBUS here, but it's no longer developed or supported (including documentation--you'll have to click around until you figure out how to route your audio through an AU) because the dev now works for the company behind SoundSource.

that being said, i did the free trial of SoundSource and liked it enough that i wound up purchasing the full thing. if nothing else, i appreciate having all that functionality in a single window pane that's quick to access.

Yep I have that running on my Mojave install but it doesn't seem to work on Catalina.

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #198 of 418
Using the LCDi4 with the NextDrive Spectra X, I can definitely tell a big difference in sound between Roon Reveal plugin and EqualizerAPO using Reveal. What's up with that? I prefer the clearer sound of EqualizerAPO's interpretation, even after changing to Linear mode. It makes it sound amazing. The LCDi4 can really sing. Proud to be an owner :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #199 of 418
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #202 of 418
@Audeze The plugin link doesn't have any content for download. Where can I download the plugin?
Sorry the old links do not work as we revamped our website. You can download from our site if you go to the software section. Here is the direct link: https://www.audeze.com/pages/reveal
upload_2019-9-1_11-54-7.png

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #203 of 418
Sorry the old links do not work as we revamped our website. You can download from our site if you go to the software section. Here is the direct link: https://www.audeze.com/pages/reveal
I checked it today, and it was working today. Just our of curiosity, how do you get the Jriver virtual driver to work? No idea how to get that to work. I assume it's default the Reveal EQ under windows so anything through the OS, the EQ is applied.

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #204 of 418
I checked it today, and it was working today. Just our of curiosity, how do you get the Jriver virtual driver to work? No idea how to get that to work. I assume it's default the Reveal EQ under windows so anything through the OS, the EQ is applied.

Once you have added Reveal plugin to the Jriver's DSP studio and enabled it , you will have to enable ASIO and WDM drivers under tools-> Options->general->features. You may have to restart Jriver. Then in windows sound options, choose Jriver as the default output device. In Jriver,if your DAC has a ASIO driver, choose the ASIO driver as the output device in Jriver. Hope this helps.
9-1-2019 12-31-30 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #205 of 418
Once you have added Reveal plugin to the Jriver's DSP studio and enabled it , you will have to enable ASIO and WDM drivers under tools-> Options->general->features. You may have to restart Jriver. Then in windows sound options, choose Jriver as the default output device. In Jriver,if your DAC has a ASIO driver, choose the ASIO driver as the output device in Jriver. Hope this helps.
I just realized this is the way to apply Reveal EQ to Tidal music streams. You select Jriver WDM driver as the device to stream to under Tidal. The stream will go through Jriver and thus will process through the Reveal plugin EQ under Jriver. It's not a perfect solution as I notice some delay in the stream, and sometimes studders. This is one alternative option if one doesn't have Roon.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #206 of 418
I just realized this is the way to apply Reveal EQ to Tidal music streams. You select Jriver WDM driver as the device to stream to under Tidal. The stream will go through Jriver and thus will process through the Reveal plugin EQ under Jriver. It's not a perfect solution as I notice some delay in the stream, and sometimes studders. This is one alternative option if one doesn't have Roon.
I use this setup for Netflix and never have studders or large enough delay to cause lip sync issue when I used ASIO driver for output via Jriver. There are alternate options too
  1. A bit complex but better solution too with Jriver. You will have to use. You may use VB audio ASIO bridge (https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/). You then use VB Audio virtual cable as the default windows output device, then you start the VB audio ASIO bridge, and select Jriver's ASIO driver. This will pass bit perfect samples to Jriver.
  2. Equializer APO , this acts as a virtual soundcard that allows any processing you want be done before the output is sent to the audio device. However it uses Windows DS driver only, no WASAPI or ASIO support.
  3. Audirvana's Windows version supports both Tidal and Quobuz and VST3 plugin so you should be able to use Reveal plugin (though I have not tested this myself). A+ is more expensive than Jriver but not as much as Roon, the added cost of A+ may be worth the convenience depending on your preference.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #207 of 418
A bit complex but better solution too with Jriver. You will have to use. You may use VB audio ASIO bridge (https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/). You then use VB Audio virtual cable as the default windows output device, then you start the VB audio ASIO bridge, and select Jriver's ASIO driver. This will pass bit perfect samples to Jriver
For some reason Jriver's ASIO driver doesn't show up under VB audio ASIO bridge software. In Jriver, the ASIO driver is enabled.

The stream going to Jriver is bit-perfect, but once the digital data is processed by the Reveal plugin, it's no longer bit-perfect right?

What is generally considered bit-perfect is, no changes has been made to the bits of data up to the DAC. On the other hand, if Reveal plugin is used, the DAC gets EQ'd data, so technically, the DAC isn't getting bit-perfect bit stream.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #208 of 418
Turn it it all the way to 100% Wet. We make subtle changes only as they are already close to neutral and all the changes are in the audible range below 10kHz :) . Whether or not you notice a change will depend on the type of music, but look for slight increase in Bass (to match speakers in the room) and also look for changes in the upper mid-range/lower treble region.
It's similar in my case. Very subtle change in the sound.
Actually to expect, because the LCD-2 Fazor is already tuned very linear.
Does the Reveal plugin really affect the bass range?

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #209 of 418
For some reason Jriver's ASIO driver doesn't show up under VB audio ASIO bridge software. In Jriver, the ASIO driver is enabled.

The stream going to Jriver is bit-perfect, but once the digital data is processed by the Reveal plugin, it's no longer bit-perfect right?

What is generally considered bit-perfect is, no changes has been made to the bits of data up to the DAC. On the other hand, if Reveal plugin is used, the DAC gets EQ'd data, so technically, the DAC isn't getting bit-perfect bit stream.
A restart may help if you have not tried it already. I am on Jriver 24. This is what I see
9-2-2019 9-51-01 AM.jpg

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #210 of 418
It's similar in my case. Very subtle change in the sound.
Actually to expect, because the LCD-2 Fazor is already tuned very linear.
Does the Reveal plugin really affect the bass range?
If you use APO EQ, you can see what that dial actually does. All it does is changes the level of EQ. Dry point or 0% of wet just means, no EQ. So, Wet just means maximum EQ applied, and you just decrease the EQ level as you lower the percentage on the dial.

wet.jpg
50 wet.png

And as you decrease the dial further, you get to the point of dry or just no EQ enhancements (0%). It's just basically a predetermined EQ enhancement level dial. It's just basically a FR correction factor dial. So, completely dry just means the same as no predetermined EQ enhancement applied.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back