1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last
  1. -rowan-
    So did you pull the trigger on either? :)

Anyway the ER4XR is here. :)

Initial impressions - it is indeed a pretty good all-rounder. Enjoying it on its own, you'd be hard pressed to find anything wrong with it, especially if you already own an Ety. I'd place it as a step up from the 4P for folks who find the 4S too clean. But since we're comparing it with the iSines, or at least attempting to do so...

Treble: The iSine 20 is noticeably more sibilant than any of the Etys.
    The 20's treble, while smoother and better controlled than the 10's & perfectly acceptable on its own, comes across as altogether too splashy next to the Etys.

Mids: The XR sounds the most 'natural' and relaxed of the lot.
    The 20's mids are tighter with the groovy tips, giving it the impression of clarity. Not quite ER4S level, but it's a good try.
    With the older smooth tips... I wouldn't bother.

Bass: Yes, that promised bass bump is there in the ER4XR. But it still doesn't hold a candle to either of the iSines and never will.
    And guess what? I actually prefer the bass of the ER4S to that of the XR atm. They are both very well extended (more so than the ER4P) but that extra bit of restraint in the 4S lets more detail through. Whereas the few extra db of bass in the XR strikes me as being there more to add a slab of warmth and butter to the sound.

kertong likes this.
  2. BuddhaBruce
    Thanks! I just bought the on eat sines and was considering returning for the isine 10. But I'll be using them on the go and in the office. Sine may be better for that. Initial impressions though seems they need some burn in time

3. BuddhaBruce
    Hm thanks! I just bought the sines for about 370 new. If they're similar I'll probably keep my sines. Mostly for on the go or in the office. Not sure how much sound the isine 10 would leak

4. RojasTKD
    Anyone Try the Cipher cable with other IEMs?

I have a pair of Shure SE530 that I had modded to a two oin connector when the original cable started to fail. I think it sounds good, especially with my boosted bass EQ. Helps bring out the low end on the SE530s.

So if you need isolation the Cipher cable could be a nice companion to you other two pin IEMs.

5. Richter Di
    Sorry, didn't see you post. Will try everything. But I am 100 percent sure I had reset e.g. my iPhone and no app was opened beside Qobuz.

6. Richter Di
    Thank you so much for your post.

I tried to configure the equalizer options on the neutron player on my NW-ZX2.
    KMann, could you have a look at what I did and tell me if I am on the right track?

Anything you would do differently? I have no experience at EQing so any help is welcome.
    I used everywhere the Peak EQ setting as this seemed to create a graph more similar to yours.
    I also set the BW (whatever this is) close to 1. If you change the value to higher numbers it creates a broader dip or tip.
    IMG_2528.JPG IMG_2522.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2527.JPG [

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    kingdixon likes this.
  7. davehutch
    Thumbnails!!!!!

AxelCloris likes this.
  8. Richter Di
    Done.

AxelCloris likes this.
  9. KMann
    If you use Q factor instead of BW (Band-width), you can directly plug in the values from the EQ I published. In the Neutron, if you click the 'Gear' icon for the individual filter, it will show you an UI and you can click 'Parameter type' to switch to Q from BW. Setting BW close to 1, may not be optimal.

Richter Di likes this.
  10. KMann
    Some more EQ options
    Since I see a number of Head-fiers using the EQ I posted and also saw some feedback on the EQ, I am happy to post two more variations that go easy near 4k. I would be happy to hear feed-back form you and we can even push the EQ to Cipher at a later point.

Here are two variants (V1, V2) and finally the original I had published earlier.

EQ-iSine-V1.jpg EQ-iSine-V2.jpg iSine-V1.jpg

acia, dabaiyan, Andy777 and 10 others like this.
  11. Richter Di
    Thank you so much. Great tip to put in the data directly and also to change the Parameter Type from BW to Q.
    Just making sure: Channel 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10? So 5 and 6 arent used, right?

12. KMann
    The numbers 1,2, etc are just labels, their order or continuity is not important. Yes, 5 and 6 are missing because I removed them.

13. regit
    The variants are really good :thumbsup:For the first time with the iSine 20, I can listen Lisitsa's Chopin Op.25 No.11 from beginning to end... Good stuff and many thanks :bow::bow::bow:

14. tgx78
    What would be EQ settings with Cipher cable and Audeze App to mimic above setting?

15. crouchingform
    Yeah, I'm curious too.

First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last